Virgin River (TV series)
|Based on||Virgin River novels|
by Robyn Carr
|Country of origin||United States|
Virgin River follows "Melinda Monroe, who answers an ad to work as a nurse practitioner in the remote California town of Virgin River thinking it will be the perfect place to start fresh and leave her painful memories behind. But she soon discovers that small-town living isn’t quite as simple as she expected and that she must learn to heal herself before she can truly make Virgin River her home."
- Alexandra Breckenridge as Melinda Monroe
- Martin Henderson as Jack Sheridan
- Tim Matheson as Doc Mullins
- Annette O'Toole as Hope McCrea
On September 27, 2018, it was announced that Netflix had given the production a series order for a first season consisting of ten episodes. The series was based on the Virgin River book series by Robyn Carr and executive producers were expected to include Sue Tenney, Roma Roth, and Chris Perry. Tenney was also set to serve as the series' showrunner. Production companies involved with the series were slated to consist of Reel World Management.
On December 19, 2018, it was reported that Alexandra Breckenridge, Martin Henderson, Tim Matheson, and Annette O'Toole had been cast in series regular roles. Additionally, it was further reported that Jenny Cooper, David Cubitt, Lexa Doig, Daniel Gillies, Lauren Hammersley, Benjamin Hollingsworth, Colin Lawrence, Trevor Lerner ,and Ian Tracey had joined the cast in an undisclosed capacity.
- Petski, Denise (September 27, 2018). "Netflix Orders Romance Drama Series 'Virgin River' & 'Sweet Magnolias' Based On Novels". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 27, 2018.
- Andreeva, Nellie; Petski, Denise (December 19, 2018). "'Virgin River': Alexandra Breckenridge, Martin Henderson, Tim Matheson & Annette O'Toole To Star In Netflix Series". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 19, 2018.
- Takeuchi (December 10, 2018). "Filming in Vancouver: Katie Holmes, John Cena, A Million Little Things, and more". Inside Vancouver. Retrieved January 8, 2019.