Vincenzo Nicoli (born 27 July 1958) is a British actor who appears in film, television and theatre. He is best known for roles in blockbuster films, such as Alan Jude in the 1992 science fiction film Alien³ (1992), Enrico Biscaglia in the romantic drama film In Love and War (1996), Tony Genova in the 2016 short film The Naughty List (2016) and Auf Weidersehen, Pet as Sandro.
|Education||London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA)|
|Known for||Alien³ as Alan Jude|
Hank Zipzer as Peter "Papa Pete" Zipzer
|Television||The Odyssey as Antinous|
EastEnders as Terry and Mad Dog
Mr Selfridge as Uncle Gio
Thomas & Friends as Lorenzo and Beppe
He is also best known for his role as Papa Pete in the CBBC children's programme Hank Zipzer (2014–2016) and as the voices of Lorenzo and Beppe in Thomas & Friends (2019–present). Along with actress Flaminia Cinque, he has appeared in Leap Year, The Knot, Brothers of Italy and Mama Cannelloni.
Nicoli appeared as Antinous in the 1997 miniseries The Odyssey for two episodes of the miniseries. From 2014 to 2016, he played Papa Pete in the comedy programme Hank Zipzer with American actor and creator of the series Henry Winkler, who plays Mr. Rock, the music teacher of the title character.
He played a crime boss in the Christopher Nolan superhero film The Dark Knight, featuring Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman. He has appeared in films such as Captain Phillips (featuring Tom Hanks, Barkhad Abdi and Catherine Keener), Leap Year, Alien³ (with Sigourney Weaver), Buster, In Love and War (featuring Sandra Bullock and Chris O'Donnell) and The Naughty List.
Nicoli played the role of Jono in the 2014 critically acclaimed short film The Double Deal, where Mark Holden produced and starred in after which Holden receives four awards.
In 2019, he joined the voice cast of Thomas & Friends as the voices of Lorenzo and Beppe in the UK & US versions, respectively.
In 2020, Nicoli appeared as the mobster known as Vincenzo Murgida in the Father Brown episode, "The Folly of Jephthah", which aired on 10 January 2020. Nicoli's character Vincenzo Murgida is considered the most notorious Italian mobster who wants Hercule Flambeau (John Light) to choose his fate.
Nicoli is married to actress Heather Bleasdale. He has a daughter, Ella Nicoli-Horne, from a previous relationship who studies at Bournemouth University. He speaks English and Italian. He upholds his British-Italian citizenship.
|The Ballad of Kid Divine: The Cockney Cowboy||Diablo|
|1995||The Perfect Life||Dr. McCawley|
|1996||In Love and War||Enrico Biscaglia|
|2006||The Detonator||Yuri Mishalov||Direct-to-video|
|Rabbit Fever||Italian Man|
|2007||Flight of Fury||Peter Stone||Direct-to-video|
|Dangerous Parking||Greek Fisherman|
|2008||The Journey Home||"Terry"||Short film|
|Bathory: Countess of Blood||Zsigmond Bathory|
|The Dark Knight||Crime Boss|
|Rojin||Man in Suit||Short film|
|2011||National Theatre Live: The Kitchen||Alfredo|
|2012||The Knot||Mr. Fernandez|
|Captain Phillips||Andrew (Maersk Alabama Crew Member)|
|2014||The Double Deal||Jono||Short film|
|2016||The Naughty List||Tony Genova|
|Slugterra: Mark of the Streaker Slug||Sa'mul (voice)||Direct-to-video|
|2018||Artichoke||Massimo, The Boss|
|Brothers of Italy||Giuseppe Petrucco||Short film|
|2019||Thomas & Friends: Digs and Discoveries||Lorenzo, Beppe, Workers, Passenger (voices)||UK/US version|
|Holy Cannelloni||Papa Tony||Short film|
|2020||Artemis Fowl||Goblin Sergeant|
|1983||The Accidental Death of an Anarchist||Policeman||Television movie|
|1984||On the Shelf||Vincenzo||Television movie|
|1985||Blue Money||Second Colombian||Television movie|
|Up the Elephant and Round the Castle||Lumps||Episode: "One in the Rough"|
|1986||Auf Wiedersehen, Pet||Sandro||Episode: "Marjorie Doesn't Live Here Anymore"|
|The Kit Curran Radio Show||Robber||Episode: "The Street of Shame"|
Titled as Kit Curran in the second season
|The Return of Sherlock Holmes||Pietro||Episode: "The Six Napoleons"|
|Mixed Doubles||Pat||Episode: "It's in the Book"|
|Dempsey and Makepeace||Colombian||Episode: "The Cortez Connection"|
|Call Me Mister||Dave||Episode: "The Carve Up"|
|1987||Truckers||Mafioso||Episodes: "Stinking Fish" and "The Heat of the Moment"|
|1914 All Out||Stapleton||Television movie|
|Boon||Vito Rossi||Episode: "Paper Mafia"|
|1987–2011||EastEnders||Terry / Mad Dog||3 episodes|
|1988||Hannay||Gypsy||Episode: "Death with Due Notice"|
|Wish Me Luck||Maurice Granier||5 episodes|
|Home James!||Bouncer||Episode: "A Sheep's Eye for an Eye"|
|1989||Blind Justice||Italian||Episode: "Crime and Punishment"|
|Me and My Girl||Geordie||Episode: "A Bit of Overtime"|
|Making Out||Nico||2 episodes|
|Flying Lady||Rambo Hawkshaw||Episode: "The Match"|
|Made in Spain||Johnie||Television movie|
|Hit the Pitch||Michael||Television movie|
|1990||The Ruth Rendell Mysteries||John Fassbender||Episode: "Put on by Cunning"|
|1991||Very Big Very Soon||Georgio||Episode: "Double Dealing"|
|1992||Zorro||Jorge Santiago||Episode: "Mendoza the Malevolent"|
|1993||The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles||Kazim||Episode: "Palestine, October 1917"|
|1994||Frank Stubbs Promotes||Suggett||Episode: "Chinatown"|
|Fist of Fun||Episode: "#1.4"|
|Shine on Harvey Moon||Azzopardi||3 episodes|
|1996||The Vet||Bruno Pirroda||Episode: "A Fresh Start"|
|1997||The Odyssey||Antinous||Television miniseries|
Episodes: "Part I" and "Part II"
|Dalziel and Pascoe||Dave Lee||Episode: "A Killing Kindness"|
|1998||The Bill||Paul Kane||Episode: "Watching the Detectives"|
|1999||Grange Hill||Mr. Savi||2 episodes|
|Boyz Unlimited||Mick McNamara||4 episodes|
|2002||Black Books||Frederick||Episode: "Blood"|
|2003||Twelfth Night, or What You Will||Fabian||Television movie|
|2004||Gory Greek Gods||Poseidon||Television movie|
|2005||Judge John Deed||DS Rex Massey||Episode: "Lost and Found"|
|Ten Days to Victory||Colonel Valerio||Television documentary movie|
|Suburban Shootout||Emile Lesoux||4 episodes|
|2008||The Royal||Tony Dannini||Episode: "To Love and to Lose"|
|2009||Henry VIII: Mind of a Tyrant||Venetian Ambassador||Episode: "Warrior 1509–1525"|
|2010||Holby City||Lloyd Fisher||Episode: "The Short Straw"|
|The Prey||Antonio Fazio||Television miniseries|
Episode: "Mergers and Acquisitions"
|2014–2016||Hank Zipzer||Peter "Papa Pete" Zipzer||Main cast|
|2014||Mr. Selfridge||Uncle Gio||3 episodes|
|2015||Foyle's War||Grant||Episode: "High Castle"|
|2016||The Coroner||Tam Bryant||Episode: "The Captain's Pipe"|
|I Want My Wife Back||M'aitre D||Episode: "Chapter Four"|
|Hank Zipzer's Christmas Catastrophe||Papa Pete||Television movie|
|2019||Urban Myths||Alberto Vitale||Episode: "The Trial of Joan Collins"|
|2019–present||Thomas & Friends||Lorenzo, Beppe (voices)||UK/US versions|
|2020||Father Brown||Vincenzo Murgida||Episode: "The Folly of Jephthah"|
|2020||Zombie Army 4: Dead War||Additional Voices (voice)|
|2003||Things You Shouldn't Say Past Midnight||Gene|
|2012||The Revenger's Tragedy||The Duke|
|2013||The Shawshank Redemption||Bogs Diamond|
|2014||The Merchant of Venice||Duke Of Venice / Prince of Arragon|
|2020||Doctor Who: Cry of the Vultriss||Pagus|
|Assets of War||Vibax|
- "Vincenzo Nicoli's Actor Bio". Open Air Theatre Heritage. Retrieved 6 November 2019.
- "Vincenzo Nicoli appears in EastEnders". Screen Yorkshire. Retrieved 6 November 2019.
- "Vincenzo Nicoli's Comedy Guide Page". British Comedy Guide. Retrieved 6 November 2019.
- Thomas, Shain E. (10 January 2020). "'Father Brown': S08.E05. "The Folly of Jephthah"". www.harshlightnews.com. Harsh Light News. Retrieved 2 September 2020.
- "Sinopsis Film Flight of Fury - Stevan Seagal Kembali Beraksi Gagalkan Teror, Malam Ini di FOX". www.tribunnews.com. Tribun Style. 13 January 2017. Retrieved 10 October 2020.
- "FLIGHT OF FURY: Mission to tear the skies of Mahakarn". www.p ptvhd36.com. PPTVVhd36. 1 August 2017. Retrieved 10 October 2020.
- ""Captain Phillips - Offshore attack", Tom Hanks hostage to Somali pirates". www.cinemafanpage.it. Cinema Fanpage. 13 September 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2020.
- Nicoli, Vincenzo (9 November 2019). "Holy Cannelloni is screening in York at @ASFFest! Here is our new trailer for your viewing pleasure!". www.twitter.com. Twitter. Retrieved 24 November 2019.[non-primary source needed]
- Hough, Q.V. (12 June 2020). "Disney+'s Artemis Fowl Cast Guide: Who Plays Each Book Character". www.screenrant.com. ScreenRant. Retrieved 11 July 2020.
- Writer:David Lawrence; Producer: Peter Bullock; Director: Sarah O'Gorman (26 October 2010). "The Short Straw". Holby City. BBC. BBC One.
- "Hank Zipzer – Series 1: Also Starring Vincenzo Nicoli and Nick Mohammed". ScreenYorkshire.co.uk. Retrieved 1 December 2019.
- Munn, Patrick (9 May 2013). "ITV's 'Mr Selfridge' Adds To Cast, Three Part Drama 'The Widower' Finds Cast & Director". www.tvwise.co.uk. TVWise. Retrieved 15 October 2020.
- Writers: Mark Bussell, Justin Sbresni; Director: Paul Norton Walker; Producers: Mark Bussell, Justin Sbresni (12 May 2016). "Chapter Four". I Want My Wife Back. BBC. BBC One.
- Writer: Kit Lambert; Director: Darcia Martin; Producer: Peter Bullock (10 January 2020). "The Folly of Jephthah". Father Brown. BBC. BBC One.
- "Preview: The Folly of Jephthah". www.tpt.org. Twin Cities PBS. Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- ""Father Brown" from Sunday: Repetition of Episode 10, Season 8 online and on TV". m.news.de. 11 August 2020. Retrieved 11 November 2020.
- Hewis, Ben (24 November 2014). "First look at Ian McDiarmid and cast in rehearsal for The Merchant of Venice". www.whatsonstage.com. What's on Stage. Retrieved 19 January 2021.
- Aggas, James (20 April 2020). "Doctor Who spin-off review: Susan's War: Assets of War". www.doctorwhowatch.com. Doctor Who Watch. Retrieved 10 October 2020.