This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Known for||Winning the Vendée Globe|
In the 2016 Vendée Globe, he sailed at a decent speed completing with front boats fitted with hydrofoils, but after 15 days 11 hours 58 minutes of racing and completing 27% of the whole race, he was forced to retire after another collision with a UFO. The almost exact same incident had happened to Vincent in the 2012–2013 Vendée Globe with that he is easily one of the most unfortunate sailors of the Vendée Globe.
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- "Skippers: Vincent Riou". Vendée Globe. 2008. Retrieved 1 March 2010.
- "Jean Le Cam talks about his dramatic Vendee Globe rescue". The Telegraph. The Telegraph. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- "Ranking and race data – Vendée Globe". www.vendeeglobe.org. Retrieved 2018-11-13.
- "News – Keel damage on PRB, Vincent Riou forced to retire – Vendée Globe". Retrieved 2018-11-13.
- "Actualités – Vincent Riou abandonne – Vendée Globe" (in French). Retrieved 2018-11-13.