Vilnius Railway Station (Lithuanian: Vilniaus geležinkelio stotis) is a Lithuanian Railways passenger station in Vilnius, Lithuania. The railway station situates between two neighbourhoods of Vilnius - Naujininkai and Naujamiestis and on the edge of the Old Town.
|Location||16 Geležinkelio str.|
|Owned by||Lithuanian Railways|
|Train operators||Lithuanian Railways, Russian Railways, Belarusian Railway|
Waiting hall, ticket office
The station was opened in 1861 while building the Saint Petersburg–Warsaw Railway. It was destroyed in 1945 during World War II and in 1950 it was rebuilt in socialist realism style. The building was renovated in 2001.
The station is served by the following local and international passenger services:
- Vilnius – Minsk (Belarus) (currently suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic);
- Branded Russian Railways passenger train Jantar' (Янтарь, Russian for "amber") Kaliningrad (Russia) – Vilnius – Moscow (Russia) (currently not conducting passenger services in Lithuania due to the COVID-19 pandemic, trains are travelling through the station only in transit)
- Kaliningrad (Russia) – Vilnius – St. Petersburg (Russia) (currently not conducting passenger services in Lithuania due to the COVID-19 pandemic, trains are travelling through the station only in transit)
- Riga – Kyiv (currently suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Vilnius – Kaunas
- Vilnius – Trakai
- Vilnius – Šiauliai – Klaipėda
- Vilnius – Ignalina – Turmantas – Daugavpils (Latvia) (currently not running due to the COVID-19 pandemic, train stops at Turmantas Railway station)
- Vilnius – Varėna – Marcinkonys
- Vilnius – Kena
- Vilnius – Vilnius Airport - Jašiūnai
The station is a major Vilnius public transportation hub. The station can be reached by city trolleybuses, regular, rapid, and night buses. Vilnius bus station is around 180 meters (590 ft) away from the railway station. Vilnius international airport situates 3 kilometers (1.9 mi) away from the railway station and is accessible by buses, trains or taxi.
- "International routes | Passengers".
- "Architektūros objektas".
- Geležinkelių muziejus (Railway museum)
- "Vilniaus geležinkelio stotis". Architektūros ir urbanistikos tyrimų centras. Retrieved 2017-02-03.
- "Lithuanian Railways | e.ticket website". www.traukiniobilietas.lt. Retrieved 2021-09-20.
- "Dėl koronaviruso stabdomas tarptautinių keleivinių traukinių eismas (Due to coronavirus international passenger train traffic is being suspended)". delfi.lt. Retrieved 2020-03-15.