Ville Skinnari (born 21 February 1974) is a Finnish politician, born in Lahti.
|Minister for Development Cooperation and Foreign Trade|
|Assumed office |
6 June 2019
|Prime Minister||Antti Rinne|
|Preceded by||Anne-Mari Virolainen|
|Born||21 February 1974|
|Political party||Social Democratic Party|
Skinnari is a former professional ice hockey player who played in the Finnish Elite League for the club Reipas Lahti, in the Netherlands for the club Dordrecht Lions, and for the Coventry club Solihull Blaze in the British National League..
From 1995 until 1999, Skinnari worked as a freelance journalist in Japan, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.
Skinnari was elected to the Finnish Parliament for the Social Democratic Party in 2015, from the constituency of Häme (Tavastia). In 2019 he was re-elected to the parliament for the term 2019–2023.
- Finnish Federation for Recreational Fishing, Chair (2017–2019)
- Hockey Unlimited, Member of the Board (2014–2019)
- Lahti Energia Oy, Vice-Chair of the Board (2013–2017)
- "Ville Skinnari". eurohockey.com. Retrieved 24 September 2019.
- "Ville Skinnari". www.eduskunta.fi. Retrieved 24 September 2019.
- "Parliamentary Elections 2019". tulospalvelu.vaalit.fi. Retrieved 24 September 2019.
- "Ville Skinnari. Minister for Development Cooperation and Foreign Trade". valtioneuvosto.fi. Retrieved 24 September 2019.