This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Viktor Petrovich Savinykh was born in Berezkiny, Kirov Oblast, Russian SFSR on March 7, 1940. Married with one child. Selected as a cosmonaut on December 1, 1978. Retired on February 9, 1989.
Viktor Petrovich Savinykh/Виктор Петрович Савиных
|Nationality||Soviet / Russian|
|Awards||Hero of the Soviet Union (twice)|
Time in space
|196d 16h 59m|
|Selection||1978 Intercosmos Group|
|Missions||Soyuz T-4, Soyuz T-13, Mir EP-2 (Soyuz TM-5 / Soyuz TM-4)|
Has spent 252 days 17 hours 38 minutes in space.
Honours and awardsEdit
- Twice Hero of the Soviet Union (May 26, 1981 and December 20, 1985)
- Pilot-Cosmonaut of the USSR
- Hero of the Mongolian People's Republic
- Hero of the People's Republic of Bulgaria
- Order For Merit to the Fatherland
- 1st class (February 27, 2020)
- 2nd class (March 6, 2000) - for outstanding achievements in scientific research and a great contribution to the preparation of highly qualified personnel
- 3rd class (November 11, 1994) - a great service to the people associated with the development of Russian statehood, the achievements in labor, science, culture, arts, strengthening friendship and cooperation between peoples
- 4th class (December 12, 2010) - for services to education, science and a great contribution to the training of qualified specialists
- Order of Honour (November 2, 2004) - for services to the development of education and many years of diligent work
- Three Orders of Lenin
- Medal "For Merit in Space Exploration" (April 12, 2011) - for the great achievements in the field of research, development and utilization of outer space, many years of diligent work, public activities
- Jubilee Medal "300 Years of the Russian Navy"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 850th Anniversary of Moscow"
- State Prize of the Russian Federation for science and technology (June 18, 1996)
- State Prize of the USSR (1989)
- Order of Stara Planina (People's Republic of Bulgaria; June 9, 2003)
- Order of Georgi Dimitrov People's Republic of Bulgaria)
- Order of Sukhbaatar (Mongolian People's Republic)
- Order of Military Glory of the Syrian Arab Republic (UAR, 1987)
- Two of the Order of "Friendship" (ATS, 1999, 2000)
- Award of the President of the Russian Federation in the field of education for 2002 (October 5, 2003)
- Honored Master of Sports of the USSR (1981)
- Gold medal of the Tsiolkovsky Academy of Sciences of the USSR (1986) - for outstanding contribution to space exploration
In 2007, a monument at the Tsiolkovsky, Air and Space Museum, Kirov.
Honorary Citizen of the Kirov region.
In 2005, minor planet 6890, was named after Savinykh.