Wiktoria "Viki" Genowefa Gabor (born 10 July 2007) is a Polish singer. She began her career in 2019, as a runner-up on the second season of The Voice Kids Poland, and then later won the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2019 with the song "Superhero". She is the second Polish entrant to win the contest, and her win marked the first time a country had won the contest twice in a row.
|Birth name||Wiktoria Genowefa Gabor|
|Also known as||Viki Gabor|
|Born||10 July 2007|
|Labels||Universal Music Polska|
Gabor was born to a Polish Romani family. After her birth, they returned to Poland, later moving to the United Kingdom, and then settling in Kraków when she was seven. Gabor has an elder sister named Melisa, who is a composer and songwriter.
2019–present: The Voice Kids Poland, Junior Eurovision, and breakthroughEdit
In late-2018, Gabor competed in the auditions for second season of The Voice Kids Poland. She joined the team of Tomson & Baron, and proceeded to continue to advance through the competition, ultimately reaching the finals and releasing her debut single "Time".
After The Voice Kids, Gabor was selected to perform "Time" at Young Choice Awards of the Top of the Top Sopot Festival 2019. Afterwards, she was selected to compete in the rebooted Szansa na sukces, which was being used to select the Polish representative for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2019. Gabor advanced to the finals, where she ultimately was declared the winner with the song "Superhero". Junior Eurovision was held on 24 November in Gliwice. Gabor performed eleventh in the competition, and ultimately won the competition, placing second with the professional juries and scoring the highest with the online fan vote. This win marked Gabor as the second Polish entrant to ever win the Junior Eurovision Song Contest, the first time a performer representing the host-nation won Junior Eurovision, and made Poland the first country to win the contest twice in a row.
Since Junior Eurovision 2019, Gabor has released several singles, including "Ramię w ramię" with Kayah and "Getaway" in late April 2020. As part of a collaborative album with other child singers Roksana Węgiel, Marcin Maciejczak, Zuza Jabłońska and group 4dreamers, Gabor released her song "Still Standing" (co-written by herself and her sister Melisa). Gabor also released her single "Forever and a Night" in July 2020. In August 2020, she released "Not Gonna Get It", the last single from her debut album to be released before its première.
On 10 July 2020, her birthday, Gabor announced her first album (available September 4, 2020). This album is titled "Getaway (Into My Imagination)". Gabor has many views on YouTube, Spotify, and other platforms. She also has a Facebook page, with over 20,000 likes. She is frequently featured on playlists such as Spotify's 'Hity lata 2020' and Digster Polska's Spotify playlist 'POPSztos'.
Polish media have depicted Gabor and fellow young Polish singer Roksana Węgiel (also a winner of Junior Eurovision) as being in a rivalry. Both singers have denied these claims, with Viki describing Roksana as 'a great girl'. On September 18, 2020, her father was confirmed to have been attacked in the Mokotów district of Warsaw.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Sales||Certifications|
|Getaway (Into My Imagination)||6||
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Sales||Certifications||Album|
|"Time"||2019||—||Getaway (Into My Imagination)|
|"Ramię w ramię"
|"Forever and a Night"||—|
|"Not Gonna Get It"||46|
|"Wznieść się chcę"||—||Over the Moon|
|"Afera"||15||Getaway (Into My Imagination)|
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
|"Silent Night"||2019||Non-album singles|
|"Still Standing"[A]||2020||Getaway (Into My Imagination)|
|"That's What She Said"|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2020||Fryderyki 2020||New Face of Fonography||Nominated|
|Song of the Year ("Superhero")||Nominated|
|Video of the Year ("Superhero")||Nominated|
|Kid's Choice Awards||Favorite Polish Artist||Nominated|
|2021||Kid's Choice Awards 2021||Favorite Polish Artist||Won|
- "Still Standing" also appears on the compilation album of Śpiewajmy razem.
- Dereszyński, Tomasz (2019-05-01). "Szansa na sukces: Wiktoria Gabor wygrała drugi odcinek programu. Finalistka Voice Kids Poland zaśpiewała "You May Be In Love"". polskatimes.pl (in Polish).
- "Viki Gabor z Nowej Huty – finalistka "The Voice Kids 2"". gazetakrakowska.pl (in Polish). Gazeta Krakowska. 2019-03-10.
- Królak, Sergiusz (2019-09-29). "Eurowizja Junior 2019: Polska wybrała reprezentantkę! Viki Gabor zaśpiewa w Gliwicach!". eurowizja.org (in Polish). OGAE Polska.
- Grabska, =Paulina (2019-04-15). "Rewelacyjny "Time" Viki Gabor w trzech remiksach". media.universalmusic.pl (in Polish).
- "Top of the Top Sopot Festival 2019, dzień 4. Roksana Węgiel laureatką Young Choice Awards! Na scenie m.in. gwiazdy "The Voice Kids"!". telemagazyn.pl (in Polish). 2019-08-17.
- Prętnicka, Beata (2019-09-15). "Viki Gabor zwyciężczynią drugiego odcinka "Szansy na sukces"!". eurowizja.org (in Polish). OGAE Polska.
- Kurdupski, Michał (2019-09-29). "Wiktoria Gabor reprezentantką Polski na Eurowizję Junior 2019". wirtualnemedia.pl (in Polish). Wirtualne Media.
- Herbert, Emily (24 November 2019). "Poland: Viki Gabor wins Junior Eurovision 2019". Eurovoix.
- Muldoon, Padraig (24 November 2019). "Junior Eurovision 2019 results: Poland's Viki Gabor is the winner with "Superhero"". Wiwibloggs.
- "Viki Gabor wins Junior Eurovision 2019 for Poland!". EBU. 24 November 2019.
- "Roksana Węgiel o rzekomym konflikcie z Viki Gabor". fakt.pl (in Polish). 3 May 2020.
- "Roksana Węgiel i Viki Gabor mają konflikt? Roxie zabrała głos w sprawie: "Próbują z nas zrobić konkurentki"". plotek.pl (in Polish). 3 May 2020.
- Peak chart positions for studio albums in Poland:
- Getaway (Into My Imagination): "OLiS – sales for the period 04.09.2020 – 10.09.2020". OLiS. ZPAV. Retrieved 17 September 2019.
- "Certification criteria" (in Polish). ZPAV. Retrieved 7 February 2020.
- "Albums and singles certified Gold in 2020" (in Polish). ZPAV. Retrieved 7 September 2020.
- Peak chart positions for singles in Poland:
- "Superhero": "AirPlay Top: 14.12 – 20.12.2019" (in Polish). ZPAV. Retrieved 23 December 2019.
- "Ramię w ramię": "AirPlay Top: 29.02. – 06.03.2020" (in Polish). ZPAV. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- "Getaway": "AirPlay Top: 13.06. – 19.06.2020" (in Polish). ZPAV. Retrieved 22 June 2020.
- "Afera": "AirPlay Top: 28.11. – 04.12.2020" (in Polish). ZPAV. Retrieved 7 December 2020.
- "Not Gonna Get It": "AirPlay Top: 05.12. – 11.12.2020" (in Polish). ZPAV. Retrieved 14 December 2020.
- "Albums and singles certified Platinum in 2020" (in Polish). ZPAV. Retrieved 7 February 2020.
Media related to Viki Gabor at Wikimedia Commons
|Awards and achievements|
with "Anyone I Want to Be"
| Poland in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest
with "I'll Be Standing"
with "Anyone I Want to Be"
| Winner of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest