Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Vijay Shekhar Sharma (born 1978) is an Indian billionaire businessman. He is the founder of mobile payments company Paytm. Sharma was ranked as India's youngest billionaire in 2017 by the Forbes with a net worth of $2.1 billion. He cites Alibaba's founder Jack Ma and Masayoshi Son of Softbank as his inspirations. He started college at Delhi College of Engineering at the age of 16. In 1997, while in college, he started the website indiasite.net, and sold it two years later for $1 million.
Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Vijay Shekhar Sharma in 2005
|Born||8 July 1978|
Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Education||Delhi College of Engineering (now Delhi Technological University)|
|Occupation||Businessman and entrepreneur|
|Known for||Founder & CEO of Paytm|
|Net worth||US$2.7 billion (July 2019)|
In 2000 he started one97 Communications which offers mobile content including news, cricket scores, ringtones, jokes and exam results. One97 is the parent company of Paytm, which was launched in 2010.
In 2017, Sharma appeared in Forbes' World Billionaire's List, the youngest Indian on the list. 
Awards and recognitionEdit
- "CEO of the Year" by the SABRE Awards, 2015
- The Exchange4media Group, Impact Person of the Year, 2016
- Honorary doctorate, Amity University Gurgaon, 2016
- "Vijay Sekhar Sharma". Forbes. Retrieved 10 July 2019.
- Jog, Natasha (20 August 2015). "Began College at 15, Has Billion-Dollar Firm at 37". NDTV.com.
- Giri, Manish Kumar. "Paytm's Vijay Shekhar Sharma ranked India's youngest billionaire in Forbes's latest list | Forbes India". Forbes India. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- "Vijay Sharma, Paytm: an for India". Financial Times.
- "Began College at 15, Has Billion-Dollar Firm at 37". NDTV.com. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "The king of cash". Calcutta: The Telegraph.
- "Paytm's Vijay Shekhar Sharma ranked India's youngest billionaire in Forbes's latest list | Forbes India". Forbes India. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "Paytm's Vijay Shekhar Sharma Named as CEO of the Year by SABRE Awards 2015". Financial Express. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "ET Awards for Corporate Excellence: Paytm's Vijay Shekhar Sharma chosen as Entrepreneur of the Year". Economic Times. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- "Vijay Shekhar Sharma wins IMPACT Person of The Year 2016 Award". Exchange4media. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "Airtel's Sunil Mittal, Paytm's Vijay Shekar given honorary degrees by Amity University". DNA INDIA.com.
- "50 power people". India Today. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- "Actor Ranveer Singh, Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma amongst the Most Influential Young Indians". The Economic Times. 8 July 2017. Retrieved 29 November 2017.