Vietnam National Convention Center
Coordinates: The Vietnam National Convention Center is a major convention center located on Thăng Long Boulevard in Nam Từ Liêm district of Hanoi, Vietnam. The convention center was designed by Meinhard von Gerkan and Nikolaus Goetze of Gerkan, Marg and Partners.
|Trung tâm Hội nghị Quốc gia Việt Nam |
Vietnam National Convention Center
Aerial view of the Vietnam National Convention Center
|Address||Gate 1, Thăng Long Avenue |
Nam Từ Liêm, Hanoi, Vietnam
|Built||15 November 2004|
|Inaugurated||15 October 2006|
|₫4.3 trillion |
₫12.6 trillion ($557.7 million) in 2018
|Banquet/ballroom||1,800 (Banquet Hall)|
|3,747 (Main Meeting Hall)|
|• Total space||65,000 m2 (700,000 sq ft)|
|• Exhibit hall floor||15,000 m2 (160,000 sq ft)|
|• Breakout/meeting||24 meeting rooms |
|• Ballroom||2,000 m2 (22,000 sq ft)|
|Public transit access||Bus Hanoi|
Meinhard von Gerkan, who previously designed the Vietnamese National Assembly building, was assigned to design the Vietnam National Convention Center. Four designs were presented for consideration in April 2004. In the end, a design called "Surfing the East Sea" was unanimously chosen as the official design of the project by a panel of 31 Vietnamese architects.
The project received government approval on October 25, 2004 and construction started on November 15 the same year. On October 15, 2006, the Vietnam National Convention Center was inaugurated. 
The design of the center takes inspirations from Hạ Long Bay, a World Heritage Site in Quảng Ninh Province, Vietnam. The building's wave-shaped roof is made from steel, heightened to 53.25 m (174.7 ft) over the main meeting hall. The main structure has a dimension of 215.25 m (706.2 ft) in length and 113.5 m (372 ft) in width.
Vietnam National Convention Center is the largest convention center in Vietnam by area, covering an area of 64 ha (160 acres). This complex includes a public square, a helipad, an on-ground and underground parking lot of 1,100 parking spaces, residential area and landscaping features. The core convention center itself has a gross floor space of 65,000 m2 (700,000 sq ft). It is equipped with solar power panels as a back-up energy source.
- 15,000 m2 (160,000 sq ft) exhibition space
- Banquet Hall, accommodating up to 1,800 people, 2,000 m2 (22,000 sq ft)
- Main Meeting Hall, 3,747 seats with a divider for a smaller configuration, 4,256 m2 (45,810 sq ft)
- 1 executive ballroom
- 2 executive meeting halls
- 3 press and media rooms
- 24 meeting rooms/ 72 breakouts
VNCC has hosted many high-profile political events. Some of the significant events include:
- 2006 APEC Economic Leaders' Meeting
- 16th ASEAN Summit (2010)
- 11th National Congress of the Communist Party of Vietnam (2011)
- 12th National Congress of the Communist Party of Vietnam (2016)
Many entertainment and exhibition events were also held at VNCC. Multiple international artists including 2NE1, Boys Like Girls, Kenny G, Kelly Rowland or Lenka have performed here as well as Kinderworld (SIS@Gamuda, SIS@CIPUTRA, SIS@VanPHUC), the only school in Hanoi to have performed at a major convention hall with a capacity larger than 3,000.
- Khiết Hưng. ""Sóng" biển Đông giữa lòng Hà Nội". Tuổi Trẻ Online (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "NCC-Eng" (PDF). Inros Lacker AG. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "Phòng khánh tiết". Vietnam National Convention Center (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "Khám phá tòa nhà Trung Tâm Hội Nghị Quốc Gia Hà Nội". Designs.vn (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 30 April 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Vietnam National Convention Center.|