D2h(Redirected from Videocon d2h)
d2h is an Indian pay TV brand, part of Dish TV India Ltd providing direct broadcast satellite service—including satellite television, audio programming, and interactive television services to commercial and residential customers in India. As of December 31, 2017, d2h has a market share of 19% among the pay DTH operators. Dish TV India and d2h merger has been concluded, which has created the largest DTH service provider in the country with a subscriber base of about 29 million.
"Asia's Most Promising DTH Brand"
|Subsidiary of Dish TV|
d2h has 10,54 MHz transponders on Satellite ST-2. d2h is aligned at 88° East on the Clarke Belt. d2h uses MPEG-4 technology, which permits high compression for video and DVB-S2 technology, which allows more efficient transmission of satellite signals. It uses H.264 or MPEG-4 Part 10, Advanced Video Coding (MPEG-4 AVC) with DVB S2 digital compression technology, transmitting using ST-2 satellite.
On 11 November 2016, the Board of Directors of Videocon d2h and Dish TV agreed to an all-stock merger of their DTH operations. The merger has created the largest DTH provider in India with a total valuation of ₹17,000 crore (US$2.4 billion). The merged entity will be called Dish TV Videocon Limited. Dish TV will hold a 55.4% stake in the merged entity, while Videocon d2h will own the remaining shares.
The merger was approved by the Competition Commission of India (CCI) on 10 May 2017, and by the National Company Law Tribunal on 27 July 2017. The merger faced uncertainty in January 2018, when Dish TV announced that it was re-evaluating the merger after some of the Videocon Group's lenders petitioned the National Company Law Tribunal to open insolvency proceedings against the company. In February 2018, Dish TV announced that it intended to go through with the merger.
The amalgamation was officially completed on 22 March 2018. The merger made the new combined entity the largest DTH provider in India with around 29 million active subscribers. Dish TV and Videocon d2h reported separate revenue numbers in FY2017. The combined total revenue of the two firms was ₹8,077 crore (US$1.1 billion). And After some time. Videocon Pvt. Ltd. Was bankrupt.￼
- "About Us". videocon d2h. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- "Performance Indicators Reports". Telecom Regulatory Authority of India. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "Dish TV India, Videocon d2h merger completed". economictimes.indiatimes.com. 22 March 2018. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "Dish TV plans to continue with Videocon D2H brand - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- Bansal, Shuchi (2018-03-29). "Videocon-DishTV merger set to enjoy benefits of scale". www.livemint.com. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "Dish TV, Videocon d2h become one entity". @businessline. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- India, Press Trust of (27 July 2017). "NCLT approves Dish TV-Videocon D2h merger, to have subscriber base of 27 mn". Business Standard India. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- Ahluwalia, Harveen (10 May 2017). "Dish TV and Videocon d2h merger gets CCI approval". www.livemint.com/. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- "CCI approves Dish TV-Videocon merger". The Economic Times. 2017-05-10. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "Govt. approves Dish TV merger with Videocond2h". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 2017-12-16. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- Dhanjal, Swaraj Singh (12 January 2018). "Videocon-Dish TV merger may get affected by insolvency case against Videocon Industries". www.livemint.com. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Zee's Dish TV to go ahead with Videocon D2H merger". Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Dish TV India, Videocon d2h merger completed". The Economic Times. 22 March 2018. Retrieved 11 April 2018.