Vidaluz Meneses in 2013
Vidaluz Meneses Robleto
28 May 1944
|Died||27 July 2016 (aged 72)|
|Alma mater||Central American University|
Vidaluz Meneses Robleto was the daughter of Vida Robleto Valle and General Edmundo Meneses Cantarero. She attended the Colegio La Asunción for Baccalaureate studies, and joined the Sandinista National Liberation Front in 1977. She held a bachelor's degree in humanities with a minor in library science from Central American University, and became a dean of its Faculty of Arts and Letters. She was co-founder of the Nicaraguan Association of Writers (ANIDE) and its first president. She also chaired its board at various times, the last from 2007 to 2009. She was director of the Nicaraguan chapter of PEN International.
In 2013 she won the International Latino Book Award for her bilingual poetry book Flame in the Air (Llama guardada), and in 2014 she received the Order of Chevalier of the Legion of Honor of France for her contribution to arts and letters. Her work, which was translated into six languages, also includes Llama en el Aire – Antología poética 1974 al 1990 (1991), Literatura para niños en Nicaragua (1995), the poetry book Todo es igual y distinto (2004), and the anthologies Sonreír cuando los ojos están serios and La lucha es el más alto de los cantos, both in 2006.
Vidaluz Meneses Robleto died on 27 July 2016 at the age of 72.
- 1974 – Llama guardada
- 1982 – El Aire que me llama
- 1991 – Llama en el Aire – Antología poética 1974 al 1990
- 1995 – Literatura para niños en Nicaragua
- 2005 – Todo es igual y distinto
- 2006 – Sonreír cuando los ojos están serios
- 2006 – La lucha es el más alto de los cantos
- 2013 – Flame in the Air (Llama guardada)
- "Muere Vidaluz Meneses, destacada poeta nicaragüense" [Vidaluz Meneses Dies, Distinguished Nicaraguan Poet]. El Nuevo Diario (in Spanish). Managua. 28 July 2016. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- Agüero, Arnulfo (28 July 2016). "Fallece la poeta y activista social Vidaluz Meneses Robleto" [The Poet and Social Activist Vidaluz Meneses Robleto Dies]. La Prensa (in Spanish). Retrieved 31 October 2017.
- Baltodano, Mónica (12 May 2001). "El reino que aún no pudimos construir" [The Kingdom That We Could Not Yet Build]. Memorias de la Lucha Sandinista (in Spanish). Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Fallece la poeta nicaragüense Vidaluz Meneses" [The Nicaraguan Poet Vidaluz Meneses Dies]. La Jornada (in Spanish). Managua. 28 July 2016. Archived from the original on 9 November 2016. Retrieved 1 November 2017.