Kalashnikov at his father Mikhail Kalashnikov's funeral, December 2013
Victor Mikhailovich Kalashnikov
16 July 1942
|Died||27 March 2018 (aged 75)|
|Occupation||Small arms designer|
|Known for||Designer of the PP-19 Bizon|
|Children||Mikhail and Aleksandr|
|Parent(s)||Mikhail Timofeevich Kalashnikov, Ekaterina Viktorovna Kalashnikova|
|Awards||Order of the Badge of Honour|
Early life and educationEdit
Kalashnikov began his weapon designing career in 1966 by conducting a series of tests of the AK-47 and summarizing the factors that affect its stability, durability, and reliability. He was then involved in the development of self-loading hunting rifles.
He designed a number of parts and components and participated in developing self-loading hunting rifles and Kalashnikov machine guns. He led a group which designed the Bizon and Vityaz-SN machine pistols.
- "Russian weapons designer Kalashnikov Jr. passes away". TASS.com. 28 March 2018. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- Sapozhnikova, Galina (10 November 2004). "Михаил Калашников: Я создавал оружие для защиты Отечества, а не для бандитских разборок!". Komsomolskaya Pravda (in Russian).
- "Биография М.Т.Калашникова". Kalashnikov.name (in Russian). Archived from the original on 20 March 2012. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Калашников Виктор Михайлович". museum-mtk.ru (in Russian). Kalashnikov Museum.
- "Viktor Kalashnikov, Son Of Weapons Inventor, Dies At 75". Radio Free Europe Radio Liberty. 28 March 2018. Retrieved 2 April 2018 – via rferl.org.
- "В Ижевске умер Виктор Калашников — сын легендарного конструктора Михаила Калашникова". izh.kp.ru (in Russian).