Victor A. Pogadaev
Victor A. Pogadaev (Russian: Виктор А. Погадаев) (born November 20, 1946 in Sakmara, Orenburg Oblast, Russia) is a Russian historian, orientalist, and translator. He specializes in the history and culture of South-East Asia and translates literary works from Malay and Indonesian into Russian and vice versa. He is also a noted lexicographer.
Victor A. Pogadaev
|Alma mater||Institute of Oriental Languages, Lomonosov Moscow State University|
|Occupation||Historian, Lexicographer, Translator|
In 1964 he graduated from Sakmarskaya high school with a gold medal. In 1964–1965 he worked as a teacher of German in Krasnokommunarskaya 8-year school at Sakmarskaya Station. In 1965–1970 years he was a student of Indonesian branch of the Institute of Oriental Languages, Lomonosov Moscow State University, graduating it with excellence. In 1970–1971 was studying Malay at the University of Malaya (Kuala Lumpur) in the first group of Russian students through the student exchange. In 1975 finished post-graduate studies at the Institute of Asian and African Studies of Lomonosov Moscow State University and in 1976 got PhD in History with the theses "Opposition Parties of Malaysia” (1957–1971). In 1977–1982 he worked under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the USSR in the Soviet Embassy in Indonesia, in 1986–1989 in the Soviet Embassy in Malaysia. Since 1989 he was an editor- consultant of the sector "Encyclopedia of Asia” at the Institute of Oriental Studies, Russian Academy of Science, in 1996–2001 worked as a lecturer of Indonesian language at the Institute of Asian and African Studies, in 1998–2001 simultaneously as the Deputy Head of Information and Analytical Center of "Evening Moscow" Concern. Since September 2001 – the Lecturer of Russian Language and Russian Culture at the Faculty of Languages and Linguistics, University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, since 2003 – Assoc. Professor.
In 1998–2001 he was the representative of Russia in «Experpta Indonesica» (Leiden). He is currently a Corresponding Member of International Teacher’s Training Academy of Science (2006), a Vice-President of the Nusantara Society, an expert of ASEAN Centre at Moscow State Institute of International Relations, a member of the Editorial Team of the journal «Folklore and Folkloristics» (India), a member of the Editorial Board of International Review of Humanities Studies (Jakarta), a member of International Advisory Board of International Journal of Islamic Thought (Malaysia, 2020), a life member of the Association of Modern Languages (Malaysia), a member of the International Council on Malay Language (Kuala Lumpur).
Awards and honoursEdit
- Sumbangsih (Prize) Prima Comexindo (1998, Indonesia-Rusia)
- Diploma of Honour by the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for contribution to development of cultural relations between Russia and Malaysia (2005)
- Two bronze medals at the Expo of Research, Invention and Innovation (2007, Malaysia)
- International Prize Numera’s Man of Letters (Malaysia, 2013)
- Diploma of Honour by the Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States, Compatriots Living Abroad and International Humanitarian Cooperation (Rossotrudnichestvo) (2014)
- Literary Award 2017 by A Poetry Initiative of Bangladesh (Kathak) "In Appreciation of Outstanding Contribution, Initiative and Deep Commitment to National and World literature" (3.2.2017)
- Honorary Diploma of the Nicholas Roerich International Prize 2018 in the nomination "Formation of the cultural image of the country in the world" 
- Certificate of thanks and appreciation "For Contribution to the Development of the Russian State Library" by the Director General of the Library V.V. Duda (September 12, 2019) 
- Pogadaev Viktor Aleksandrovič. - Biographischer Index Rußlands und der Sowjetunion / Biographical Index of Russia and the Soviet Union. Compiled by Axel Frey. München: Walter de Gruyter, 2005, p. 1624. ISBN 3110933365, 9783110933369
- Pogadaev, Victor Alexandrovich. — Who’s Who in the World 2010. 27th Edition. New Providence, NJ: Marquis Who’Who, p. 2156.
- Pogadaev, Dr. V. - Guide to Asian Studies in Europe. International Institute of Asian Studies (IIAS). Routledge, 2014, p. 79.
- Jonathan Edward. The Russian who fell in love with Malaysia… and became a writer in Malay. Malay Mail, 3 February 2018 
- [Vilen Sikorsky. Life is Long When It Is Full. About Dictionaries, Translations and Other Works by Victor Pogadaev. — International Affairs. Special Issue 2010, Russia-ASEAN. Moscow, 148—158]
- "Сайт Сакмарской средней общеобразовательной школы - Золотые медалисты". sakmaraschool.ru. Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- en:Malaysia–Russia relations
- “From Behind the ‘Iron Curtains’ to the ‘Free World’ in the Search for Knowledge”. – “Mahasiswa Negara”, Kuala Lumpur, September 1970, Jilid 8, Bilangan 7
- [Shulman, Frank J. Doctoral Dissertations on Asia. Ann Arbor: Association for Asian Studies, 1981. Vol. 4, p. 57]
- Commonwealth Universities Year Book, vol. 1. Association of Commonwealth Universities, 2004, p. 1005
- «Excerpa Indonesica». Leiden: KITLV, 1999, N 60, p. 2
- "Общество "Нусантара" (малайско-индонезийские исследования)". iaas.msu.ru. Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- "Погадаев Виктор Александрович". asean.mgimo.ru. Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- "www.indianfolklore.org/journals/index.php/fofolk/about/editorialTeam". indianfolklore.org. Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- ANGGOTA MAJLIS ANTARABANGSA BAHASA MELAYU (MABM) SESI 2014 -2016
- Hein Steinhauer. Book Review. Victor Pogadaev. Kamus Rusia-Indonesia/Indonesia-Rusia; Русско-индонезийский и Индонезийско-Русский словарь. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama, 2010, x +1323 pp. ISBN 978-979-22-4881-4. Price: IDR 280.000 (hard cover) // "Wacana", Vol. 13, No 2 (October 2011)
- Svet Zakharov. Moskow Membedah Empat Negeri Melayu // "Gatra", Jakarta, 7.11.2012, p. 58
- Hafizah Iszahanid. «Edisi Terkini Lebih Lengkap» (A new Edition is more Comprehensive). — «Berita Harian», 19.1.2016
- "Премия "Прима Комексиндо" - награда | ИСТИНА – Интеллектуальная Система Тематического Исследования НАукометрических данных". istina.msu.ru. Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- [Vilen Sikorsky. Life is Long When It Is Full. About Dictionaries, Translations and Other Works by Victor Pogadaev. — International Affairs. Special Issue 2010, Russia-ASEAN. Moscow, 154]
- [Penobatan Tokoh Persuratan Dunia Numera 2013 http://numeramalaysia.blogspot.ru/2013/10/blog-post.html]
- "The Daily Star, 2.2.2017
- "The Daily Observer", 4.2.2017
- Определены лауреаты Международной премии им. Н.К. Рериха за 2018 год
- Ekaterina Baklanova. Seminar "Culture of the Nusantara countries"