|Origin||San Francisco, United States|
|Genres||Indie folk, freak folk, jam band|
|Labels||Mama Bird Recording Co., Loose Music, Sub Pop, Bella Union, Gnomonsong, Fat Cat Records|
|Associated acts||Pure Bathing Culture|
Vetiver was formed in San Francisco in 2002. The band released their self-titled debut album in 2004 on the small indie folk label DiCristina. Since the album's release, Vetiver has toured extensively, opening for and collaborating with Devendra Banhart and Joanna Newsom. Vetiver released another album, To Find Me Gone, on DiCristina in 2006. Banhart and Cabic also launched their own label, Gnomonsong Recordings, releasing Jana Hunter's Blank Unstaring Heirs of Doom in 2005 and There's No Home in 2007. The label also released in 2008 Vetiver's Thing of the Past, a collection of cover songs that have influenced Cabic's aesthetic. Sub Pop Records (US) and Bella Union (UK) released Vetiver's Tight Knit (2009) The Errant Charm (2011), and Complete Strangers (2015).
Cabic's music has also been featured in numerous TV commercials, including an original song for Birds Eye. He also works as a composer, including the documentary The Family Jams and the film Smashed, which was shown at the Sundance Film Festival in 2012.
- Vetiver (DiCristina, 2004)
- To Find Me Gone (DiCristina, FatCat, 2006)
- Thing of the Past (Gnomonsong / FatCat, 2008)
- Tight Knit (Sub Pop / Bella Union, 2009)
- The Errant Charm (Sub Pop / Bella Union, 2011)
- Complete Strangers (Easy Sound, 2015)
- Up on High (Mama Bird / Loose Music, 2019)
- Between (DiCristina, 2005)
- "You May Be Blue" (Gnomonsong, 2008)
- "More of the Past" (Gnomonsong, 2008)
- "Dusted Reviews: Vetiver - Vetiver". Dustedmagazine.com. 2004-06-10. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "Vetiver: To Find Me Gone | Album Reviews". Pitchfork. 2006-05-26. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "Tonight In Shows | Make Major Moves". Blogs.philadelphiaweekly.com. 2011-02-24. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "Vetiver: Thing of the Past | Album Reviews". Pitchfork. 2008-06-05. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "Vetiver, 'Tight Knit' (Sub Pop)". SPIN. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- Simmy Richman (2009-03-08). "Album: Vetiver, Tight Knit, (Bella Union) - Reviews - Music". The Independent. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- Scott, Jim. "Vetiver: The Errant Charm (Sub Pop) | Under The Radar". Undertheradarmag.com. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- Andy Gill (2011-06-10). "Album: Vetiver, The Errant Charm (Bella Union) - Reviews - Music". The Independent. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "Vetiver announce new album Complete Strangers". Archived from the original on 2015-03-15. Retrieved 2015-03-10.
- "Vetiver & Vashti Bunyan | 2007 Tour Dates". Brooklynvegan.com. 2006-12-07. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- Alex (2011-10-13). "Vetiver UK Tour | Folk Radio UK". Folkradio.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- World Cafe. "Fruit Bats And Vetiver On World Cafe". NPR. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- L.A. Record. "Wilco + Vetiver @ The Greek Theatre". L.S.Record. Retrieved 2015-09-09.
- "Birds Eye It's Always Vegetable Season Commercial Original Song by Andy Cabic. - by tvcmsong". Hellocotton.com. 2011-09-23. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "Features - Kevin Barker Shares _The Family Jams_ of Devendra Banhart, Joanna Newsom and Vetiver". Relix. 2011-05-12. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "Smashed - Online Film Guide | Sundance Institute". Filmguide.sundance.org. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "Up On High by Vetiver". Apple Music. Retrieved October 30, 2019.
- Official website
- There’s no place like home MSNBC Interview, May 25, 2006.
- Indie Music Pick: Vetiver Audio review on Weekend America, July 29, 2006. (RealPlayer)
- Andy Cabic video interview Hi-nu.com, Sep 5 2006 (French subtitles). (Flash)
- Video Interview with Andy Cabic via Naturalismo
- A Grab Bag of Goodies Andy Cabic lists 19 of his favorite tunes. Discollective, July 1, 2007.
- Interview with Andy Cabic. PlugInMusic.com
- Top 10 of 2007 Andy Cabic shares his top 10 albums of 2007. PlugInMusic.com