Vellore (Lok Sabha constituency)
|Lok Sabha Constituency|
Vellore constituency, post-2008 delimitation
|Incumbent||D. M. Kathir Anand|
|Parliamentary Party||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|Elected Year||2019 Election|
|Assembly Constituencies||43. Vellore|
45. K. V. Kuppam (SC)
46. Gudiyattam (SC)
The 2019 lok sabha election was scheduled to be held on 18 April in this constituency but the President of India rescinded polling on 16 April after Election Commission of India sent a report stating recovery of huge amount of unaccounted cash allegedly from Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam candidate's office.
|1.||1951||M. Muthukrishnan||Indian National Congress|
|Dr. D. L. M. P. Ramachander||Commonweal Party|
|2.||1957||N. R. Muniswamy||Indian National Congress|
|3.||1962||Abdul Wahid||Indian National Congress|
|4.||1967||Kuchelar||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|5.||1971||R. P. Ulaganambi||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|6.||1977||V. Dhandayuthapani||Indian National Congress (Organisation) - NCO|
|7.||1980||A. K. A. Abdul Samad||Indian Union Muslim League|
|8.||1984||A. C. Shanmugam||All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|9.||1989||A. K. A. Abdul Samad||Indian Union Muslim League|
|10.||1991||B. Akber Pasha||Indian National Congress|
|11.||1996||P. Shanmugam||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|12.||1998||N. T. Shanmugam||Pattali Makkal Katchi|
|13.||1999||N. T. Shanmugam||Pattali Makkal Katchi|
|14.||2004||K. M. Kader Mohideen||Indian Union Muslim League|
|15.||2009||Abdul Rahman||Indian Union Muslim League|
|16.||2014||B. Senguttuvan||All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|17||2019||D. M. Kathir Anand||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|DMK||D. M. Kathir Anand||4,85,340||47.30||+23.96|
|AIADMK||A. C. Shanmugam||4,77,199||46.51||-26.13|
|NOTA||None of the Above||9,417||0.92|
|DMK gain from AIADMK||Swing|
|PNK||A. C. Shanmugam||3,24,326||33.27|
|IUML||M. Abdul Rahman||2,05,896||21.12|
|INC||J. Vijay Elanchezian||21,650||2.22|
|NOTA||None of the Above||7,100||0.73|
|AIADMK gain from IUML||Swing|
|IUML||M. Abdul Rahman||3,60,474||49.78|
|AIADMK||L. K. M. B. Vasu||2,53,081||34.95|
|BJP||A. K. Rajendiran||11,184||1.54|
|IUML||K. M. Kader Mohideen||4,36,642||58.38||n/a|
|JP||Paramasivam A. M. S.||11,309||1.51||n/a|
|DMK gain from PMK||Swing||+58.38|
Note:Pattali Makkal Katchi did not contest this seat in 2004. Instead it was contested by its United Progressive Alliance (UPA) coalition partner Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK), who won the seat. Thus, the UPA held the seat. DMK had not contested this seat in the previous 1999 elections.
- GE 2009 Statistical Report: Constituency Wise Detailed Result
- "Lok Sabha polls cancelled in Tamil Nadu's Vellore after massive cash haul". India Today. Ist. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- S, Mohamed Imranullah (17 April 2019). "EC's elaborate report to President led to Vellore poll cancellation". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "Madras high court upholds ECI's decision to cancel Vellore Lok Sabha election - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "List of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Tamil Nadu. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 31 October 2008. Retrieved 8 October 2008.
- "Assembly seats increase to 13 in Vellore district". The Hindu. 3 February 2009.
- "Members : Lok Sabha". loksabhaph.nic.in. Retrieved 17 April 2019.