Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga
Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga (English: Vasu and Saravanan Studied Together) also known by the initialism VSOP, is a 2015 Tamil-language romantic comedy film written and directed by M. Rajesh. It features Santhanam and Arya in lead roles while Tamannaah and Bhanu play supporting roles. Actor Vishal made a cameo appearance in this film. Arya himself acted for his 25th film and is producing the film under his production company 'The Show People' associating with Prasad V Potluri's PVP cinema. The film was dubbed into Telugu as Aishwaryabhimasthu.
|Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga|
|Directed by||M. Rajesh|
|Written by||M. Rajesh|
|Music by||D. Imman|
|Edited by||Vivek Harshan|
The soundtrack was composed by D. Imman. Nirav Shah and Vivek Harshan handled cinematography and editing, respectively. The film began production in November 2014 and was released on 14 August 2015.
Vasu (Santhanam) and Saravanan (Arya) are best friends. When Vasu's marriage was going to be fixed with Seema (Bhanu), Saravanan wants to first interview Seema to see if she is a suitable bride for Vasu. A series of comedic incidents happens during the interview and during the marriage of Vasu and Seema, which angers and embarrasses Seema. To make matters worse, Saravanan plays a prank during Vasu's marriage night, which makes Vasu end up in hospital with a broken disc.
An angry Seema wants Vasu to break his friendship with Saravanan and declares nothing between them until then. Vasu does not want to break his friendship with Saravanan directly as to not hurt Saravanan's feelings. He gets the help of his friend Gautham (Karunakaran), who tells him to get Saravanan married. Vasu helps Saravanan get a girlfriend in the hopes that the girlfriend will be a reason to end the friendship. Saravanan and Vasu go to happymarriage.com, where Saravanan falls for Aishwarya Balakrishnan (Tamannaah), who works there.
Aishwarya, who initially dislikes Saravanan, eventually agrees to his love. As Saravanan had interviewed Seema before she married Vasu, Vasu interviews Aishwarya at a cafe. A fight breaks out between Aishwarya and Vasu, forcing Saravanan to choose between the two. Saravanan chooses Aishwarya and breaks his friendship with Vasu. Vasu later exits the cafe dramatically but secretly enjoys outside by dancing.
Vasu reunites with Seema, but minutes later, Saravanan appears, revealing that he was only lying in front of Aishwarya that he had broken their friendship. Seema feels cheated as Vasu had promised Seema upon their future child that their friendship was cut. Seema is furious and leaves to her mother's place. Vasu gets irritated and tells Saravanan to leave and never show his face again.
That night, Gautham tells Vasu that Saravanan had broken up with Aishwarya for him. Vasu immediately rushes to see him, and they reunite. They decide to start a club of men who have been cheated by their wives or girlfriends. This turns out to be successful. They are also supported by Akila Chechi (Shakeela), the leader of Akila Indian Men Security Club. Then, Assistant Commissioner Vetri Vel (Vishal) arrives and tells the trio to join up with their wives by lying that they have their friendship cut.
- Santhanam as Vasu
- Arya as Saravanan
- Tamannaah as Aishwarya Balakrishnan
- Vishal as Assistant Commissioner Vetri Vel (Cameo)
- Bhanu as Seema
- Karunakaran as Gautham
- Vidyullekha Raman as Kausalya
- Sayaji Shinde as Ashok
- Pattimandram Raja as Balakrishnan
- Siddharth Vipin as Ashwin
- Venniradai Moorthy as Moorthy
- Swaminathan as Point to Point Padmanabhan
- Shakeela as Akila Cheichi
- Jyothi Lakshmi as Lakshmi
- Renuka as Kamatchi
- Surekha as Ambujam
- Supergood Subramani as Museum Security
- Brindha Das as Sudha
- Heera as Pooja
- Ratheesh Nambiar as Rahul Varma
- 'Mahanadhi' Shankar as Police Officer (Cameo)
In November 2013, Arya agreed to finance and star in the lead role of director M. Rajesh's next venture, with Santhanam also brought in to the project to play a supporting role. Nayantara was also reported to be a part of the film and an official press statement was released during the same month, stating that filming would begin in late 2014 after Arya had finished his ongoing commitments. In March 2014, Rajesh revealed that it would be a sequel to their successful comedy film Boss Engira Bhaskaran (2010) and that Tamannaah would also play a new character in the franchise. Nayantara later opted out of the film, and Rajesh began re-working the script. In October 2014, Rajesh then announced that the film would not be a sequel to his previous film and that it would be a new script.
A launch event was held on 21 November 2014 and the team began production on the same day, with scenes involving Arya and Tamannaah shot. The cast and crew list was also revealed with Bhanu, Karunakaran and Vidyullekha Raman also included in the film. The movie title has been revealed as Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga on 24 November. The logo took on the theme of alcoholic beverages, as the logo was an image of a beer bottle cap and the title itself was a play on its contraction "VSOP", which normally abbreviated to its description of certain types of brandy, "Very Superior Old Pale". It was known that Prasad V Potluri is also producing the film under his banner PVP cinema along with Arya's 'The Show People'.
|Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|D. Imman chronology|
|1||Adada Onnum Solladha||Benny Dayal, Shakthisree Gopalan||04:26|
|2||Lucka Maattikkichi||Dholak Gana Jagan, Senthildass, Palaniammal||04:40|
|3||Naa Romba Busy||Santhosh Hariharan, Neeti Mohan, Sharanya Gopinath||04:36|
|4||Sona Sona||Armaan Malik, Varun Parandhaman, Maria Roe Vincent||04:30|
|5||Vasuvum Saravananum||Sooraj Santhosh, Kailash Kher||04:31|
Rediff gave the film 2 stars out of 5 and wrote that "the offending script make Rajesh’s Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga a silly and tasteless film that does not deserve your time." Indiaglitz gave the film 2.5 stars out of 5 and wrote, "This film has many rib tickling, entertaining and engaging moments. But when can we expect an entertainer from Kollywood that does not pass demeaning judgments on women and tease someone for their looks to make others laugh?." The Times of India gave the film 2.5 stars out of 5 and wrote, "What Rajesh has done is [..] taking bits and pieces from his previous successful films and giving us a new film that feels familiar. The only difference is that he manages to succeed... to an extent". India Today rated 1 star and criticised that "Rajesh's two-and-half-hour script has nothing, but female bashing, making fun of plus-sized women, double-meaning-ed, innuendo-ed dialogues and absurd one-liners, which are sweet-coated as humour".
- "Arya-Rajesh-Santhanam combo is back?". Sify. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "Arya and Tamannaah in Rajesh's Next — Silverscreen.in". Silverscreen.in. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "Arya-Tamannah pair up for Rajesh". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "Arya-Tamannaah film kick starts in Chennai". Sify. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "Rajesh assures a killer with Arya and Tamannah!". behindwoods.com. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "VSOP title for Arya, Tamannah project".
- "Tamanaah wants more of Arya". indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga (aka) Vaasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga songs review". Behindwoods. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "VSOP Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga Movie Review Rating Collection". Dekh News. 14 August 2015. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "'Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga' (VSOP) Teaser Released; Arya-Santhanam Combo Rocks [VIDEO]". International Business Times, India Edition. 10 July 2015. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "Review: Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga makes you cringe". Rediff. 17 August 2015. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga review. Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga Tamil movie review, story, rating - IndiaGlitz.com". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "VSOP review: Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga is a U-rated obscenity". intoday.in. Retrieved 17 September 2015.