This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (December 2021)
Varudu Kaavalenu (transl. Groom wanted) is a 2021 Indian Telugu-language romantic comedy film directed by debutant Lakshmi Sowjanya and produced by Suryadevara Naga Vamsi through Sithara Entertainments. The film features Naga Shaurya and Ritu Varma in lead roles.
|Directed by||Lakshmi Sowjanya|
|Screenplay by||Ganesh Kumar Ravuri|
|Story by||Lakshmi Sowjanya|
|Produced by||Suryadevara Naga Vamsi|
|Edited by||Naveen Nooli|
Bhoomi runs an eco-friendly start up business in Hyderabad. Her mother wants her to marry soon and is on the hunt for suitable groom.But Bhoomi is reluctant to marry.At work place,she is a strict boss, holds employees accountable for their actions and doesn't compromise at work. Aakash is a successful architect in Paris who now decides to come to India in search of a life partner.
The owner/financier of Bhoomi's startup is the father of Aakash's friend. They both meet at his house. It is not their first meeting, since they already knew each other from college.After a few meetings, Aakash finds Bhoomi interesting and wants to travel with her. He manages to become an architect for a project that Bhoomi is leading. Bhoomi on the other hand doesn't show any interest in Aakash.
At Bhoomi's office, two employees who are in love with each other now face a problem as the girl is an orphan and the boy's family wants to marry him off to a well-off family. Aakash convinces the boy's parents into accepting the girl in a good manner. Bhoomi seems impressed with the conversation and starts enjoying his company.
Aakash helps in catching a thief who stole the purse of Bhoomi's mother and they start talking to each other about his love and her efforts in getting a groom for her daughter without knowing it is the same person involved. She gives an advice to Aakash that if he pretends to move away from his lover, his lover might come out to confess her feelings. However, the plan goes awry. When Bhoomi meets Aakash to express her feelings, he lies about his plans of going to his hometown to find a bride. Infuriated, Bhoomi tells Aakash that she has been wrong again in loving him, for the second time. Bhoomi reveals that she was in love with Aakash during their college. She goes back home and opens a book with memories from college.
Bhoomi first meets Aakash in the institute's library where he saves her from a group of rogue students. She was appealed and couldn't thank him properly. On the next day, she loses a watch that her father gifted her and Aakash comes to return it to her and they become friends. Bhoomi finally gathers courage to propose on the last day of college but stops when she overhears Aakash lecturing a fellow student on how love is an obstacle for growth. She simply bids farewell but couldn't completely take him out of her life. Her startup is based on the idea of Save Nature campaign Aakash was part of during college. She only wears a saree because of his compliment.
Bhoomi's mother, who knew that Bhoomi liked someone but didn't work out, suggests that she can get better a groom if she wishes. An engaging conversation happens between Bhoomi's parents where her father is fully supportive of his daughter's choices and tries to make a point on why they should leave the decision to Bhoomi rather than suffocating her with marriage proposals. Bhoomi listens to the conversation and decides to keep the past away and move on. She closes the book and throws it in the attic and agrees to her mother's idea.
Bhoomi and Aakash leave to Araku to take care of marriage preparations of the employee pair. Bhoomi doesn't give Aakash a chance to express his side. She gives her nod to a marriage proposal her mom sent. Before leaving Araku, Aakash confronts Bhoomi about her actions and he reveals his side of the story. He got to know about Bhoomi's love for him from her roommate from college whom he accidentally meets in the US. He came to India to see her and he fell in love with her during the journey. In spite of his proposal, Bhoomi leaves to Hyderabad for her engagement.
On the day of engagement, she is shocked to see Aakash there. That is because Bhoomi's mother finds the book previous night which has a picture of Aakash and calls him and confirms the story. Finally, they unite.
- Naga Shaurya as Aakash
- Ritu Varma as Bhoomika (bhoomi)
- Murali Sharma as Bhoomi's father
- Nadhiya as Prabhavati, Bhoomi's mother
- Jayaprakash as Mr Bhupathi
- Vennela Kishore as Kishore
- Praveen as Raghu, Aakash's PA
- Kireeti Damaraju
- Himaja as 'Selfie' Sarala
- Harsha Vardhan
- Kalyani Natarajan
- Dethadi Harika
- Vaishnavi Chaitanya
Filming began in November 2020, and was shot in Hyderabad. Initially, Naga Chaitanya was cast for the lead role, who was later replaced by Naga Shaurya. Production of the film was completed in August 2021.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||25 October 2021|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Vishal Chandrashekhar chronology|
|S. Thaman chronology|
|Singles from Varudu Kaavalenu|
|1.||"Kola Kalle Ilaa"||Rambabu Gosala||Vishal Chandrashekhar||Sid Sriram||3:43|
|2.||"Digu Digu Digu Naaga"||Anantha Sriram||S. Thaman||Shreya Ghoshal||3:13|
|3.||"Manasulone Nilichipoke"||Sirivennela Seetharama Sastry||Vishal Chandrashekhar||Chinmayi||3:31|
|4.||"Vaddaanam"||Rambabu Gosala||S. Thaman||Geetha Madhuri, ML Gayathri, Aditi Bhavaraju, Sruthi Ranjani, Sri Krishna||4:12|
|5.||"What To Do"||Lakshmi Priyanka||Vishal Chandrashekhar||Amala Chebolu||2:46|
|6.||"Chenguna Chenguna"||Sri Mani||Vishal Chandrashekhar||Sinduri||3:27|
The Times of India critic Thadagadh Pathi rated the film 3/5 and said that it was a "sincere attempt at a light-hearted film." Pathi appreciated the performances, writing "Naga Shaurya seems to have developed a maturity when it comes to picking unique scripts. Ritu grabs more screen-time than Shaurya and is graceful as ever. Nadiya, Murli Sharma, Vennela Kishore and others too perform well." Sangeetha Devi Dundoo of The Hindu, on the other hand, felt that Varudu Kaavalenu didn't hit the mark. "[The film] is a mature urban rom-com but not compelling enough," she added.
- "Varudu Kaavalenu (2021)". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 2 November 2021.
- "Naga Shaurya: 5 Upcoming Projects Of The Actor To Be Excited For". The Times of India. 23 January 2021. Retrieved 5 February 2021.
- "Naga Shaurya gets ready for Varudu Kaavalenu". Telangana Today. 17 November 2020.
- "On Naga Shaurya's 32nd birthday, actor announces his film Police Vari Hecharika with title logo". Firstpost. 22 January 2021. Retrieved 5 February 2021.
- "Did you know Naga Shaurya was not the first choice for 'Varudu Kaavalenu'? - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 November 2021.
- "Naga Shaurya & Ritu Varma wrap up the shoot of Varudu Kaavalenu; Announce 'coming soon in theatres'". Pinkvilla. 7 August 2021. Retrieved 7 August 2021.
- "Shooting for Naga Shaurya and Ritu Varma starrer Varudu Kaavalenu wrapped up". The Times of India. 7 August 2021. Retrieved 28 August 2021.
- "Naga Shaurya's Varudu Kaavalenu gets release date". The Hans India. 25 September 2021. Retrieved 28 September 2021.
- "Varudu Kaavalenu Movie: దసరాకి వచ్చేస్తోన్న 'వరుడు కావలెను'". Sakshi. 25 September 2021. Retrieved 28 September 2021.
- "Naga Shaurya, Ritu Varma's 'Varudu Kaavalenu' gets U/A certificate as makers gear up for the release". The Times of India. 21 October 2021. Retrieved 22 October 2021.
- Varudu Kaavalenu Movie Review: A sincere attempt at a light-hearted film, retrieved 14 November 2021
- Dundoo, Sangeetha Devi (29 October 2021). "'Varudu Kaavalenu' movie review: Doesn't hit the mark". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 14 November 2021.
- "Varudu Kaavalenu review: A superficial but refreshing romcom". The News Minute. 29 October 2021. Retrieved 14 November 2021.