Varney & Co.
Varney & Co., sometimes styled Varney & Company, is an American cable television news and talk show on the Fox Business Network hosted by British-American economic and political commentator Stuart Varney. The show includes market coverage, current events coverage, and interviews and commentary with Wall Street experts.
|Varney & Co.|
|Also known as||Varney & Company|
|Presented by||Stuart Varney|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||180 minutes|
|Original network||Fox Business Network|
|Original release||2012 – present|
In February 2015, Varney & Co. reached its highest-rated month since moving to the 11AM time slot, averaging 103,000 total viewers, 18,000 of whom were adults ages 25–54. Overall since the time change, the show was up 91% in total viewers and 31% among adults 25–54. On 24 August 2015, the show, which had switched to a three-hour slot from 9AM–12PM, set the record for Fox Business Network for that block with 230,000 total viewers and 54,000 in the 25–54-year-old demographic. In February 2016, Varney & Co., still in the 9AM–12PM slot, averaged 159,000 total viewers, up 65% from the same month one year prior.
Over the years, many other well-known political figures and celebrities have appeared regularly on the show. Guests have included:
- Nicole Petallides (35 episodes)
- Kayleigh McEnany (33)
- Shana Glenzer (11)
- Becky Gerritson (7)
- Sandra Smith, television journalist and reporter (6)
- Henrik Fisker, entrepreneur and car designer (3)
- Monical Crowley (2)
- Scottie Hughes (2)
- Melissa Francis, television journalist (1)
- Les Gold, pawnbroker (1)
- Mary Kissel, journalist (1)
- Darcy LaPier, actress (1)
- Gina Loudon, author and psychology expert (1)
- Marc Siegel, physician (1)
- Shmuley Boteach, Orthodox rabbi and writer (1)
- Patrick M. Byrne, President and CEO of Overstock.com (1)
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck, television host (1)
- Michio Kaku, theoretical physicist (1)
- Megyn Kelly, Fox News reporter and television host (1)
- Tony Little, excerise instructor (1)
- Andrew Napolitano, judge and Senior Judicial Analyst for Fox News (1)
- Emily Riedel, reality television personality (1)
- Katherine Schwarzenegger, writer (1)
- Jon Taffer, bar consultant and television personality (1)
- Abby Wambach, Olympic gold medal professional soccer player (1)
- Jeetendr Sehdev, British-American professor and lifestyle branding expert (1)
- Harvey J. Kaye, historian (1)
- Jonathan Greenstein, Judaica expert (1)
- Phil Bryant, 64th Governor of Mississippi (1)
- Austan Goolsbee, economist (1)
- Julie Roginsky, Democratic Party strategist (1)
- Robert J. O'Neill, former US Navy SEAL, who shot and killed Osama bin Laden in 2014 (1)
- Sam Sorbo, actress (1)
- Pete Rose, baseball player (1)
In popular cultureEdit
- "Varney & Co. | Fox Business". Retrieved 2016-07-05.
- Varney & Company (TV Series 2012– ), retrieved 2016-07-05
- "Varney & Co. | Fox Business". Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- "Varney & Co". Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- "Varney & Co". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- "'Varney and Company' Hits Highs in February". TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com. 2015-02-26. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- ""Varney & Co." on Fox Business has highest ratings ever - Talking Biz News". talkingbiznews.com. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- "FOX BUSINESS NETWORK SCORES HIGHEST RATED MONTH EVER – Fox Business Network Press". press.foxbusiness.com. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- "Stephen Colbert mocks Fox's Stuart Varney for being so out of touch". Retrieved 2016-07-06.