Vanessa Huppenkothen Labra
|Education||Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México|
|Occupation||Television presenter, actress, model|
(m. 2011; div. 2013)
The daughter of a Mexican mother and a German father, the football player Dieter Huppenkothen, she was born in Mexico City. She grew up in Mexico, but also often lived with her father in Duisburg. At that time, she attended Schalke 04 matches and is still an avowed fan of the Bundesliga club. She is fluent in German. After leaving school, Huppenkothen studied in Mexico City taking the subject International Relations. In an interview with German tabloid Bild, Huppenkothen mentioned that she chose this subject because she wanted to be the Mexico ambassador to Germany at that time. Her master's thesis was on FIFA.
Parallel to her studies, she began modelling in 2007. Entering the initial rounds of the Miss Mexico National Contest, she became a Title Holder of the Nuestra Belleza Distrito Federal, and subsequently one of the only two designates from Distrito Federal, Mexico to the Miss Mexico National Contest 2007, where she was the final winner of the Miss Sports Award.
After a TV competition, she won a job as a sports journalist at the Mexican station Televisa Deportes. In 2008, she covered the 2008 Summer Olympic from Beijing. She appeared in a guest role in the 2008 TV series Noticiero Televisa Deportes. In 2010, she acted in iDespierta América!, and appeared as a reporter in Los Héroes del Norte in 2011.
She reported on the Mexico national football team during the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. For the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, she was again a presenter for Televisa's coverage of the Mexico national team, during which time she generated considerable attention, even coming amongst the top five searches in Singapore. She was featured as the cover feature model for GQ in June 2014 and Esquire in June 2013, GQ had earlier covered her in November 2012 and Esquire in November 2013.
- 2008: Noticiero Televisa Deportes
- 2010: ¡Despierta América!
- 2011: Los Héroes del Norte
- Diario de Mexico
- Vanessa Huppenkothen: Ich war schon immer Schalke-Fan! on schalke04.de (German)
- Mexiko-Reporterin hat Schalke im Blut on bild.de (German)
- "Vanessa Huppenkothen". esmas.com. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "Mexican TV Reporter Vanessa Huppenkothen Steals 2014 World Cup Spotlight". NESN.com. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "MSN article". msn.com. June 2014. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "GQ". gq.com.mx. June 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "Esquire article". Esquire México. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- JRT. "Vanessa Huppenkothen Spends The World Cup With GQ & Esquire". College Life, News, Sports, Girls & Entertainment - COED. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "GQ". gq.com.mx. November 2012. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "another Esquire article". Esquire México. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "Vanessa Huppenkothen se suma a ESPN". espn.com.mx. Retrieved 5 July 2016.