Vanderpool is a small unincorporated community in Bandera County in the U.S. state of Texas, in the Texas Hill Country, which is part of the Edwards Plateau. It lies 30 miles (48 km) west of Bandera. Hunting, ranching and tourism are chief contributors to the regional economy. Vanderpool had a population of 22 in 1990. It is considered part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area. The area zip code is 78885. The town is named after the first postmaster, L.B. Vanderpool.
The Utopia Independent School District serves area students.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Vanderpool has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- "VANDERPOOL, TX". The Handbook of Texas. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- Scott Potter (January–February 2006). "Destinations: Lone Star Motorcycle Museum". Motorcycle Classics. Retrieved 2009-08-18.
- "Lost Maples State Natural Area". Texas Parks & Wildlife Department. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- Climate Summary for Vanderpool, Texas
- Vanderpool, Texas from the Handbook of Texas Online
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Vanderpool, Texas
- HillCountryRider.Com website with photos and info and links for Bikers & Cyclists in the Vanderpool & Hill Country area
- Lone Star Motorcycle Museum- official site
|This article about a location in Bandera County, Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|