Valore, Inc. is an American company that provides an online textbook marketplace, ValoreBooks. The Valorebooks.com marketplace solution helps students and bookstores to buy, sell and rent college textbooks online.
|Founded||2005 (as SimpleTuition)|
January 2015 (as Valore)
|Headquarters||Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Woody Hunt VP Marketplace Technology|
Valore, Inc. (formerly SimpleTuition, Inc.), is the Boston-based parent company of ValoreBooks, an online textbook marketplace. The company was founded in 2005 with the launch of its first product, SimpleTuition, an online student loan comparison engine. The SimpleTuition product is now operated by Lending Tree. The company has launched a number of additional products including SmarterBucks, a rewards program that helps pay down any student loan. SmarterBucks was sold to Gradifi in 2015.
In 2012, to address the high cost of textbooks, the company acquired ValoreBooks — an online marketplace whose tagline claims that it saves students up to 90% on the cost of textbooks. In 2015, the company acquired Boundless, which offers affordable digital textbook replacements using openly licensed content.
- "Follett Acquires Valore Inc". Follett Corporation. Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- PR Newswire http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/simpletuition-acquires-valorebooks-textbook-marketplace-169157496.html. Missing or empty
- . PR Newswire http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gradifi-acquires-smarterbucks-300196239.html. Missing or empty
- Valore About the Team http://www.valore.com/our-team/. Missing or empty
- "Follett Acquires Valore Inc.'s Well-Established Marketplace". BookScouter. Retrieved 2017-12-31.