Valence Technology, Inc. develops and manufactures lithium iron phosphate cathode material as well as lithium ion battery modules and packs. The modules come in 12 V, 18 V, 24 V, and 36 V configurations. Valence's products are used in electric vehicle and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) such as cars, scooters, motorbikes, and commercial vehicles such as buses, delivery vans and trucks. Valence batteries are also used in wheelchairs, medical carts, robotics, marine, rail, as well as stationary applications such as remote power, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), energy storage systems, frequency regulation and switching gear.
|Products||Lithium ion battery packs|
|Revenue||US$ 45.88 million (2010)|
|US$ 36.44 million (2010)|
|US$ 9.4 million (2010)|
Number of employees
Founded in 1989 as a research and development company by Lev Dawson  Valence has its headquarters in Henderson, Nevada, and facilities in Las Vegas, Nevada, Mallusk, Northern Ireland, and Suzhou, China. Valence is currently owned by Lithion Battery Inc. 
The company holds an extensive, international patent portfolio of issued and pending lithium phosphate patents. Valence manufacturers its cathode material and packs in two wholly owned subsidiaries Valence Energy Tech in Suzhou, China.
Companies deploying Valence's battery technology include:
- Segway PT in their Segway Personal Transporter.
- Segway SE-3 Patroller 
- PVI – A French Manufacturer developing a range EV platforms exclusively for Renault Trucks, as well as electric buses and other vehicles.
- EVI-USA – A US-based manufacturer developing a range of commercial delivery vehicles, fully electric and hybrid including EviLightTruck
- Enova Systems for the IC Bus plug-in hybrid school buses 
- Optare Buses 
- Mercedes – providing its lithium battery storage systems for the new Mercedes eVito 
- Rubbermaid Medical Carts 
In 2009 Valence signed development agreements with Siemens to develop interfaces for hybrid applications in the marine market, and with S&C Electric to develop solutions for the stationary energy storage market 
Valence began to focus on Europe about two years ago, when it realized that automakers there already were launching electric delivery vans and hybrid buses.
Among other customers, Valence this year signed sales deals with Smith Electric Vehicles, a UK maker of electric commercial vans and trucks; PVI, a French manufacturer of electric buses and other vehicles; and Oxygen SpA, an Italian company that makes an electric scooter called Cargoscooter. Companies such as Modec, a UK-based supplier of electric delivery vans, and Wrightbus, a UK Wright Group subsidiary that makes double-decker buses, also are testing Valence batteries. Through these relationships, Valence is building connections to large automakers, such as Renault, which is a PVI partner; Peugeot, which is an Oxygen partner; Volvo, which is a Wrightbus partner; and Ford and Isuzu, which are Smith Electric Vehicles partners.
On July 12, 2012, Valence Technology, Inc. voluntarily filed for bankruptcy protection under chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas. The company listed approximately $31.5 million in assets and over $82 million in liabilities.
November 13, 2013, Valence emerged from bankruptcy as a private company.
In 2014, Valence entered the marine market by supplying two large battery systems to create a hybrid tug boat.
- https://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=VLNC+Income+Statement&annual Income Statement
- https://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=VLNC+Profile Profile
- "Valence Announces Retirement of Lev Dawson". Business Wire.
- "Valence Technology Incorporated". ZIBB. Archived from the original on 2008-05-21.
- "Lithion Power Group Acquires Valence".
- "Extensive and International Patent Portfolio". Valence Web Site with links to USPTO site.
- "AValence and Segway Develop Technology Program". Advanced Battery Technology.
- "Technology Innovations". Segway Corporate Site. Archived from the original on 2007-08-12. Retrieved 2008-01-25.
- "Segway chooses Valence for their newest product".
- "AValence Signs Battery Contract With PVI". Sustainable Business.
- "AEVI Cruises into Mid-America Trucking Show with First "Road Ready" Commercial Electric Vehicle to Hit the U.S. Market". Reuters. Archived from the original on 2012-09-09. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "Hybrid School Bus Employs Phosphate Batteries – Power Electronics Technology". Power Electronics.
- "Optare Shows Hybrid and Electric Buses". Green Car Congress.
- "Valence Technology (VLNC) Providing Lithium Batteries For Mercedes eVito Taxis In London". Green Stocks Central. 6 April 2010.
- "Rubbermaid and Valence Extend supply agreement".
- "Hybrid ship ahoy: Valence to supply Siemens". Green Tech.
- "Valence Technology Signs MOU with S&C Electric Company to Develop Grid-Connected Energy Storage Systems". Green Tech.
- "Will Valence's European Bet Win It a Profit?".
- "DETAILS OF VALENCE TECHNOLOGY'S CHAPTER 11 BANKRUPTCY PETITION".
- "Valence Emerges from Bankruptcy".
- "Battery Breakthrough".
- "Valence and Exide". Archived from the original on 2015-05-14. Retrieved 2015-05-13.
- "Lithion Power Group Acquires Valence". Lithion.