Vakkom is a area of Trivandrum Metropolitan Area near Kadakkavoor in Thiruvananthapuram district of Kerala, India. It is 35 km north of Thiruvananthapuram, the state capital. Vakkom panchayat is surrounded by back waters (Kayal). Neighbouring panchayats are Anjengo, Kadakkavoor, Vettoor, Cherunniyoor and Manampoor. The towns within 9 km are Varkala and Attingal. The nearest airport is Trivandrum International Airport and Kadakkavoor (1 km) is the nearest railway station.
|• Body||Gram panchayat|
|• Panchayat President||Thajunnisa|
|• Total||5.6 km2 (2.2 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,700/km2 (9,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||91 (0)470|
|Vehicle registration||KL 16|
|Lok Sabha constituency||ATTINGAL|
|Distance from Thiruvananthapuram||35 kilometres (22 mi) N (land)|
|Distance from Attingal||8 kilometres (5.0 mi) W (land)|
|Distance from Kollam||48 kilometres (30 mi) S (land)|
The total area of Vakkom is 5.06 km2.
- Vakkom Moulavi (1873 - 1932), Islamic renaissance leader, social reformer, Muslim scholar, Educationist and the founder of Swadeshabhimani newspaper.
- Vakkom Majeed (1909-2000), Indian freedom fighter, politician and a former member of the Travancore-Cochin State Assembly.
- Vakkom Abdul Khader (1917-1943), Indian freedom fighter and Indian National Army member who hanged by the British Government in 1943.
- Vakkom Purushothaman (1928-), Indian Politician, former governor of Mizoram and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- "India Post: Pincode Search". Retrieved 16 December 2008.
- "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 10 December 2008.
- Census India 2011