This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Vadhir Derbez Alejandro González Torres (born February 18, 1991), better known as Vadhir Derbez, is a Mexican actor that has worked for Televisa, Univision, Warner Brothers, Netflix, TV Azteca and Telemundo. He is also starting his career as a singer internationally. He is known to be the son of actor Eugenio Derbez.
Derbez in 2018
Vadhir Derbez Alejandro González Torres
18 February 1991
|Alma mater||Culver Academies|
Vadhir began his acting career in 1997 at age six on the program "Derbez en Cuando", where he participated in the sketches "Tatiana y En Familia con Chabelo" (2000), and "Diseñador do ambos sexos" (2001). He earned his first featured part in the novela (soap opera) "Cómplices Al Rescate" (2002). "La familia P. Luche" (2002) was his next involved work, followed by "De pocas, pocas pulgas" (2003), "Par de ases" (2004), "Mujer, Casos de la Vida Real" (2004). In 2006 he was on the famous program "Vecinos" as recurring character Marco López Pérez for a total of 36 episodes. Derbez participated in Univision's first reality dance competition, "Mira Quien Baila" (2010) and was the winner of the shows first season. He acted in the famous series Gossip Girl: Acapulco (2013) as Maximiliano 'Max' Zaga, one of the protagonists, alongside Alexis Ayala, José María Torre, and Issabela Camil.
In 2016, Vadhir played the role of "César Suárez", the psychopathic son of a drug lord in the soap opera "La querida del Centauro", a production of Sony Pictures, Teleset, and in collaboration with Telemundo, the show was aired in the United States, Mexico, and South America. In the same year the actor played a lead role in the first series shared amongst TV Azteca and Televisa Blim, "Entre correr y vivir", based on the lives of Ricardo and Pedro Rodríguez. This show was filmed in the race course of Mexico City and in it Vadhir played the role of the race pilot Rodrigo Hernández. In 2019, he won the first season of ¿Quién es la máscara? as Camaleon.
The actor made his theater debut playing Tom Sawyer, the lead role in "Las aventuras de Tom Sawyer"(2004), an adaption of the story by Mark Twain. In 2013 he took part in the musical "Grease", playing 3 different roles (Tacho, Kiko, and Danny Sucko) during this time. Afterwards he earned a lead part in the Broadway musical "Rock of Ages" (2014), playing the role of Jerry, along with the actress and singer Dulce Maria. He then played a lead role in Grease (2017) once more on "Musical USA" making rounds in a few cities in the United States.
Vadhir earned his first part on the big screen giving voice to the character "Chuletas" in the film "Imaginum"(2005), but it wasn't until 2015 that the actor debuted on the silver screen again, appearing in the action film Ladrones, alongside Fernando Colunga, Eduardo Yáñez, Jessica Lindsay, and Miguel Varoni. In 2016, he obtained his first lead role in film "El tamaño si Importa", directed by Rafa Lara. The next year he was in the film 3 Idiotas, an adaptation of the popular Bollywood film 3 Idiots. After his success in Mexico, he made his Hollywood debut in the film "How to Be a Latin Lover"(2017), alongside Salma Hayek, Eugenio Derbez, Rob Lowe, Raquel Welch. Kristen Bell and Omar Chaparro. In May 2019, Vadhir played the role of "Beto" in "Dulce Familia".
Derbez made his music debut with his first EP, "Vadhir Derbez" released 2 September 2016. It featured two singles: "Te Olvidé" and "Me Haces Sentir". "Me Haces Sentir" was later re-released on 14 February 2017 with the live version included.
His musical and cinematic career briefly overlapped his song "Al Final" was released under the soundtrack of "3 Idiotas" on 7 March 2017, a movie which he was also featured on April 27, 2017, Derbez released his fourth single, "Latin Lover".
After a period of almost two years, Vadhir released his next single "Mala" on 5 April 2019, and has announced that his last song "Toda La Banda" was released on June 2019.
|2016||El tamaño sí importa||Diego Suárez|
|2017||How to Be a Latin Lover||Maximo (Age 21)|
|2019||Como si fuera la primera vez||Diego|
|2019||Breaking the I.C.E.||Alejandro||Short film|
|2020||Veinteañera: Divorciada y fantástica||Juanpa|
|2001–2005||Mujer, casos de la vida real||Various roles||3 episodes|
|2002||Cómplices al rescate||Andrés Rosales|
|2003||De pocas, pocas pulgas||Chorizo|
|2005||Par de Ases||Various roles|
|2005–2006||Vecinos||Marco López||36 episodes|
|2012||El Gran Show de los Peques||Producción||Episode: "Quinto episodio"|
|2013||Gossip Girl: Acapulco||Maximiliano "Max" Zaga||26 episodes|
|2016||Entre correr y vivir||Rodrigo Hernández||Main role|
|2016–2017||La querida del Centauro||César Suárez||Recurring role; 44 episodes (season 1), 2 episodes (season 2)|
|2016||Sense8||Mr.Valles (student)||Episode: "Happy F*cking New Year"|
|2019||¿Quién es la máscara?||Camaleón|
|2019||De viaje con los Derbez||Himself|
|2020||The First Team||Carlos Velez|
- Vadhir Derbez (2016)
- Me Haces Sentir (2016)
- Te Olvide (2016)
- Al Final (2016)
- Latin Lover (2017)
- Mala (2019)
- Toda La Banda (2019)
- Cómplices al Rescate (2001)
- De Pocas Pocas Pulgas (2003)
On November 21, 2010, he won first place in Mira Quien Baila: First Season.
- "Vadhir Derbez". Esmas.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 19 September 2019.
- Cómplices al rescate (2002– ) Full Cast & Crew on IMDb
- Vadhir Derbez' on IMDb'
- Vecinos (TV series 2005-) Full Cast & Crewon IMDb
- Univision. Vadhir Derbez ganó Mira Quién Baila YouTube, 22 November 2010.
- Gossip Girl: Acapulco (2013) Full Cast & Crew' on IMDb'
- La Querida Del Centauro (2016– ) Full Cast & Crew on IMDb
- Entre Correr y Vivir (2016– ) Full Cast & Crew on IMDb
- Sense8 (2015–2018) Full Cast & Crew on IMDb
- Licona, Sandra. Tom Sawyer rescata valores como la amistad, Cronica, 3 March 2005.
- Canal EnPOPados. VADHIR DERBEZ y LUJA DUHART cantan "Reina de la fiesta" VASELINA 2014 #EnPOPados , YouTube, 17 January 2014
- Quadratin Noticias TV. Vadhir Derbez protagoniza Vaselina El Musical en Estados Unidos, YouTube, 10 April 2017
- "Vadhir Derbez; uno de los grandes talentos de la familia Derbez". videismo.net. Retrieved 2019-10-17.
- "Vadhir Derbez charla sobre la cinta "Ladrones"". Dallas News (in Spanish). 2015-10-09. Retrieved 2019-10-17.
- "El tamaño sí importa: dos Derbez por el precio de uno". El Universal (in Spanish). 2017-01-27. Retrieved 2019-10-17.
- "Vadhir Derbez es Isidoro en 3 idiotas". Videocine. 2017-03-29. Retrieved 2019-10-17.
- Palmar, Héctor. "La escena de Vadhir Derbez en tanga que aún no podemos superar". Nueva Mujer. Retrieved 2019-10-17.
- "Vadhir Derbez sacrifica su físico en Dulce Familia". Videocine. 2019-05-06. Retrieved 2019-10-17.
- Vadhir Derbez - EP de VADHIR (in Spanish), retrieved 2019-10-17
- "Destrozan en redes tráiler de 'Como si fuera la primera vez' con Vadhir Derbez". www.veintitantos.com (in Spanish). 2019-07-17. Retrieved 2019-10-17.
- "Vadhir Derbez protagonizará Veinteañera, divorciada y fantástica". TVyNovelas México (in Spanish). 2018-11-09. Retrieved 2019-10-17.
- TIM, Televisa. "Vadhir Derbez gana ¿Quién es la Máscara? con canción de Queen". Telehit (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-10-17.
- Ortiz, Viviana. "Los Derbez muestran su lado más íntimo en reality show". Publimetro México (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-10-17.
- Mala - Single de VADHIR (in Spanish), retrieved 2019-10-17
- Toda La Banda - Single de VADHIR (in Spanish), retrieved 2019-10-17
- Natalie Roterman (5 February 2015). "'Glee' Latino: Vhadir Derbez To Develop Musical Show 'Candela'". Latin Times. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Me fascina el riesgo: Vadhir Derbez". El Informador. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "'Glee' Latino: Vadhir Derbez to Star in Upcoming Musical Series". Latin One. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Fox 'Glee' Season 6 News: Mexico Version 'Candela' to Be Similar to 'Rebelde'". Latin Post. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Vadhir Derbez se convierte en ladrón y quiere trabajar con Leonardo DiCaprio". Hola. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Vadhir Derbez felicita a Aislinn Derbez por su compromiso". HOLA. Retrieved 7 January 2016.