This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (September 2021)
Vadalur is a municipality in Cuddalore district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is 208 km (129 mi) from Chennai, the state capital of Tamil Nadu. Vadalur is one of the most developed cities in Cuddalore district.
|Upgraded as Municipality||23 August 2021|
|• Body||Vadalur Municipality|
|• Chief Minister||Thiru.M.K.Stalin (Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam)|
|• Collector||Thiru.K.Balasubramaniam IAS|
|• Land||19.93 km2 (7.70 sq mi)|
|• Density rank||397|
|• Official Language||Tamil|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||ISO 3166-2:IN|
|Member of Parliament||Thiru.T.R.V.S.Ramesh|
|Member of the Legislative Assembly||Thiru.M.R.K.Panneerselvam|
Ramalinga Swamigal, often called Vallalar, established the Sathyagnana Sabhai. He built a famous temple that serves lunch on all days of the year. Thousands of visitors flock to festivals and monthly pooja dates in this temple. Vadalur is well connected by rail and road, and it serves transport to all major cities like Trichy, Chennai, Tanjore, Puducherry, and Kumbakonam.
The Thai Poosam (தைப்பூசம்) function in January is a festival of this place. The Swamigal sang thousands of songs called Thiru Arutppa. This district was named after him for a while. On Thai Poosam thousands of devotees from all over Tamil Nadu visits the temple. More than 10,000 stalls and other entertainment are available for at least a week for the pilgrimages. People serve food, water and fresh juices to the devotees who visit the temple.
As of the 2011 India census, Vadalur had a population of 39,514. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Vadalur has an average literacy rate of 70%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 78%, and female literacy is 61%. In Vadalur, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age. The literacy level is high because of private schools and government schools. Vadalur runs a ceramic factory called Neycer which employs a good number of people from the same place.
Agriculture plays an important role in economic development in Vadalur. The SIDCO Industrial Estate creates many job opportunities for the people of Vadalur. NLC's Coal loading station is located here as well. Small businesses also help in improving economic development in Vadalur.
- Tripuraneni vidyalaya matriculation school
- vallalar Gurukulam Higher Secondary School.
- Government Higher Secondary School, Pudhunagar.
- Government Girls Higher Secondary School.
- S.D.Eaden Higher Secondary School.
- Fathima Matriculation Higher Secondary School.
- St.John School.
- St.Mary's Matriculation School.
- John Bosco Matriculation School.
- DIET - District Institute of Education and Training, Vadalur.
- Aries College of Arts and Science for Women, Karunguzhi, Vadalur.
- Aries Polytechnic College, Karunguzhi, Vadalur.
- OPR Institutions - Vallalar Arts and Science College for Women, Vadalur.
- OPR Memorial College of Education, Vadalur.
- and many other paramedical and computer Institutes.
Places of interestEdit
- Satya Gnana Sabha is a major tourist and spiritual center in Vadalur.The Iyyan Lake in Vadalur offers a beautiful view of the morning and evening.Vadalur also have Sacred heart Church.Also the mines of NLC can be seen from the observation site in the Kattukollai area of Vadalur.
- Vadalur Railway Station (VLU) located 1 km (0.62 mi) from Vadalur Main Bus Terminal.
Trains and timingEdit
|Train Name||Arrival||Departure||Days||Current Status|
|06889 Tiruppadripuliyur - Tiruchirapalli DEMU Passenger
(Via from Vadalur,Vridhalachalam Jn, Ariyalur, Srirangam)
|6.39||6.40||Runs Daily||Started to run from 16/12/2021.|
|56513 Karaikkal - KSR Bangalore Fast Passenger
(Via from Vadalur - Vridhalachalam, Attur, Salem, Dharmapuri, Hosur)
|8.49||8.50||Runs Daily||Currently this train is not available due to
|06890 Tiruchirapalli- Tiruppadripuliyur DEMU Passenger
(Via from Srirangam,Ariyalur, Vridhachalam Jn, Vadalur ,Kurinjipadi)
|19.37||19.38||Runs Daily||Started to run from 15/12/2021.|
|56514 KSR Bangalore - Karaikkal Fast Passenger
(Via from Vadalur - Cuddalore, Chidambaram, Sirkazhi,
Mayiladuthurai, Thiruvarur, Nagapattinam, Nagore)
|16.57||16.58||Runs Daily||Currently this train is not available due to
- Vadalur is a main bus connectivity city in Cuddalore district.Buses are available from Vadalur to major cities in Tamil Nadu at all times.
- Cuddalore - Trichy (TNSTC)
- Chennai - Kumbakonam (TNSTC & SETC)
- Chennai - Tanjore (TNSTC & SETC)
- Cuddalore - Salem (TNSTC)
- Chidambaram - Salem (TNSTC)
- Puducherry - Tiruchendur (SETC)
- Puducherry - Sengottai (SETC)
- Puducherry - Thiruvananthapuram (SETC)
- Puducherry - Pampa (SETC Seasonal Route)
- Puducherry - Mahe (PRTC)
- Neyveli - Karaikkal (PRTC)
- Chidambaram - Vellore (TNSTC)
- Chidambaram - Gudiyatham (TNSTC)
- Chidambaram - Thiruvannamalai (TNSTC)
- Kumbakonam - Vellore (TNSTC)
- Cuddalore - Vridhalachalam (TNSTC)
- Cuddalore - Madurai (TNSTC)
- Cuddalore - Tiruppur (TNSTC)
- Cuddalore - Palani (TNSTC)
- Chidambaram - Tirupati (TNSTC)
- Chidambaram - Bangalore (KSRTC)
- Chidambaram - Bangalore (TNSTC)
- Auto Rikshaw's available anytime in Vadalur. The Auto Rickshaw stand's name is Vallalar Auto Stand.
- Car,Van & Tourist bus services were available on affordable rental.
- Indian Bank - Raghavendra City
- Indian Overseas Bank - Near MRK Bus Stand
- Karur Vysya Bank - Neyveli Main Road
- State Bank of India - Panruti Main Road
- City Union Bank - Kumbakonam Main Road
- ICICI Bank - Annai Sathya Street
- Equitas Small Finance Bank - Cuddalore Main Road
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank - Panruti Main Road
- IDFC First Small Finance Bank - Panruti Main Road
- Co - Operative Bank
- Government Upgraded Primary Health Centre
- Anjalai Hospital
- Gangai Hospital
- Sudha Hospital
- Sivaram Hospital
- Guru medical
- The vegetable market is held near vadalur bus stand every Saturday.
- Meat markets run daily in Raghavendra City.
- The Farmers Market (உழவர் சந்தை) runs daily in Raghavendra City.
- The cattle and goat market is held every Saturday in the grounds of Abatharanapuram.
- Murugan Temple, Abatharanapuram.
- Ramar Temple, Kottakarai.
- Amman Temple, Pudhunagar.
- Anjaneyar Temple, Pudhunagar.
- Vinayagar Temple, Abatharanapuram.
- Pachaivazhiyamman Temple, Kanniyakovil.
- Old Mariyamman Kovil, EB office street,A.Puram.
- Odinayaki Amman koil,Raghvendra city
- SIL PILLAYAR KOIL STREET,NLC OFFICERS NAGAR
- Angalamman Kovil,Baktha nagar
- Kali Kovil,kattukollai
- Veeranar Kovil, kattukollai
- Noor Jumma Musjid, Neyveli Main Road.
- Masjide Salman Faarsi Jumaa Mosque, Panruti Main Road.
- Sacred Heart Church, Chidambaram Road.
- ALC Church, Panruti Main Road.
- The Pentecostal Mission Church, Cuddalore Road.
Temple for all religionsEdit
- Sathya Ganana Sabai
- Sri Sai Kailash Saibaba Temple
Areas in VadalurEdit
- Baktha nagar
- Ragavendra City
- Jayapriya Nagar
- NLC Officers Nagar
- Thomaiyar Nagar
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vadalur.|
- Registration Series Allotted to Regional Transport Offices[dead link]Archived 23 August 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Vadalur Indsturial Estate". Tamil Nadu SIDCO. Tamil Nadu Small Industries Development Corporation Ltd. Check date values in: