The VR Class Tr1 is a class of heavy freight locomotive built in Finland and Germany. Before 1942 VR Class Tr1s originally had the class name R1. They were nicknamed “Risto”, after the Finnish President Risto Ryti. They were numbered 1030–1096.
|VR Class Tr1|
67 locomotives were built between 1940–57 by Tampella, Lokomo and Arnold Jung Lokomotivfabrik GmbH, Jungenthal of Germany. The "Risto" is a product of the same era as the express train locomotive Ukko-Pekka, and they share a similar appearance. Tr1 1096 was the last steam locomotive manufactured for VR in 1957. TR1 locomotives were withdrawn during the 1970s, with the last being withdrawn in 1975.
- Salo, Sakari K. (2009). Höyryveturikirja, s. 14. Helsinki: Kustantaja Laaksonen. ISBN 978-952-5805-12-3.
- Pölhö, Eljas; Pykälä-Aho, Mia (1996). Suomen juna- ja raitiovaunukuvasto [Finnish Motive Power 1.1.1996] (in Finnish and English). ISBN 91-7266-133-X.
- Katajisto, Juhani (1985). Eilispäivän kulkuneuvoja. Hämeenlinna: Tietoteos. ISBN 951-9035-79-6.
- Finnish Railway Museum Official website
- Finnish website with locomotive technical data