|City rights||August 25, 1971|
|• Total||67 km2 (26 sq mi)|
|Area code(s)||+380 4563|
The largest industrial organisations within Uzyn are a sugar collective combine, from which Ukraine gets 7% of its sugar production, as well as a tinning factory. There is also Uzyn (air base) of the Ukrainian Air Forces.
Uzyn was first mentioned in the year 1590 under the name Uzenytsia, and later as Tenberschyna. Since the end of the 18th century, the city carries its current name. From 1923 to 1930, the city served as the raion centre of the Bilotserkivskyi Okrug. In 1956, Uzyn received the status of an urban-type settlement, and in 1971, the status of a city.
The population of Uzyn is currently 12,166 (as of 2011):
- 1975 - 16,000 inhabitants
- 2004 - 12,759 inhabitants
- 2005 - 12,628 inhabitants
- 2006 - 12,588 inhabitants
- 2011 - 12,166 inhabitants
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (PDF) (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 11 July 2021.