Uzhaithu Vaazha Vendum
Uzhaithu Vaazha Vendum (lit. Live by working hard) is a 1988 Tamil action drama film directed by Ameerjan. The film stars Vijayakanth and Raadhika in lead roles with Radha Ravi, Delhi Ganesh and Vadivukkarasi in supporting roles. The music is composed by Devendran.
|Uzhaithu Vaazha Vendum|
|Story by||Liaquat Ali Khan|
|Cinematography||C. S. Ravibabu|
|Edited by||S. S. Nazir|
Tired father Subbaiah (Delhi Ganesh) drives a cycle rickshaw to provide food for the family. Mother Thangamma (Vadivukkarasi) serves as maid and cook in another house-her bit to make encs meet thoug they never seem to. His girl Rani (Sunitha) seils flowers. His younger kid brother shown delivering newspapers or shining shoes. All their hopes hinge on hero Raja (Vijayakanth). He does not most of the time get as near as an interview. For him, it's either going to the succour of a blind man bloodied by the wayward car of rich man's Chandrasekhar (Jai Ganesh) arrogant daughter Sandhya (Raadhika).
When he does get to an interview, and thanks to his rickshaw-man father Subbaiah is in the know of the password that will fetch him a job at last, at long last, he ends up with the dhaanam of his job to another Raja (Raja), in his opinion more needy candidate. And as if this was not enough, for a month he is giving his people to understand that he has taken the job. And because he has no degree in social work, meaning he is not qualified to do his job, what with our modernday obsession for specialisation, there is no place except a film script where he can be made to work.
His relationship with his lady-love Sandhya, the rich and arrogant shrew, traces a flipflop graph this way. Raja cycle rickshaw is dismembered by the fury of a gang of hired goons. they drive their van over what remains of the cycle. By the time things have come to this pass, the shrew, tired after all this rickety and rumbustious ride turns a devout Tamil (Hindu) wife.
- Vijayakanth as Raja
- Raadhika as Sandhya
- Radha Ravi as Arun
- Delhi Ganesh as Subbaiah
- Vadivukkarasi as Thangamma
- Jai Ganesh as Chandrasekhar
- Raja as Raja
- S. S. Chandran as Peter
- Senthil as Peter's employee
- Charle as Chellappa
- Sunitha as Rani
- Poornam Vishwanathan as Santhosham
- Typist Gopu as Chandrasekhar's employee
- LIC Narasimhan as Cyclerickshaw's customer
- Muthukkal Pathikkatha Kannil - K. J. Yesudas & Chitra
- Bhoomi Yenna Bhoomi - Malaysia Vasudevan
- Life Is Funny - Anuradha Paudwal & S.P. Balasubrahmanyam
- Ponmangani Idu Ini En Magani - S.P. Balasubrahmanyam, Chitra, Dinesh & Sundarrajan
- Vangi Vanden - K. J. Yesudas
- Vennilavai Mudal Naal - S.P. Balasubrahmanyam
Release & receptionEdit
Uzhaithu Vaazha Vendum was released on 8 November 1988. N. Krishnaswamy of The Indian Express in its review dated 11 November 1988 called "Devendran's music, Liaqat Ali Khan's dialogues and most of all Super Subbarayan's stunt direction" as plus points.
- "List of Tamil Films Released In 1988-Producers". Lakshmansruthi. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "உழைத்து வாழ வேண்டும்". Vellithirai (in Tamil). Archived from the original on 5 August 2019. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Uzhaithu Vaazha Vendum (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". Apple Music. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Uzhaithu Vaazha Vendum". JioSaavn. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Uzhaithu Vaazha Vendum". Gaana.com. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- Krishnaswamy, N. (11 November 1988). "Uzhaithu Vaazha Vendum". The Indian Express.