Uvaa (transl. Youth) is a 2015 Indian comedy and social drama film, written and directed by Jasbir Bhatti and produced by Dhanraj Films about five friends in a boarding school and their daily life suddenly turning into a rebellious fight for justice and making an example for the outside world. The film stars Om Puri, Sanjay Mishra, Vikrant Rai, Jimmy Sheirgill, Sangram Singh, Rohan Mehra, and Archana Puran Singh, and includes several new faces as the lead actors of the film.
|Directed by||Jasbir Bhatti|
|Story by||Jasbir Bhatti|
|Music by||Original Songs|
|Edited by||Prashant Singh Rathore|
Anil (Rohan Mehra), Vikram (Lavin Gothi), Salmaan (Mohit Baghel) and Deenbandhu (Bhupendra "Megh" Singh) are rebellious brats of suburban Delhi NCR. With the world at their feet and nothing to worry about, they stomp everything in their path without caring about consequences. When the five are placed in the totally new world of convent school, they face new challenge. There goal is to survive and thrive only to find romance, but one night they encounter a horrifying event which puts them in the hands of law. Their lives change forever as they have to fight for justice and moral integrity to make an example for the world.
- Om Puri as Hukum Pratap Chaudhary
- Jimmy Sheirgill as S.P Tejaveer Singh
- Aarun Nagar as Inspector Prithvi Singh
- Manish Chaudhary as Lawyer Pramod Mittal
- Archana Puran Singh as Lawyer Jayshri Bhatiya
- Sangram Singh as Coach Sangram Singh
- Raju Mavani as Divan
- Ravi Verma as a Sub-inspector
- Rohan Mehra as Anil Sharma
- Mohit Baghel as Salman Khan
- Poonam Pandey as Pooja
- Sheena Bajaj as Rashmi
- Neha Khan as Mala
- Rajit Kapoor as Principal
- Elena Kazan as English Teacher Kanaklata
- Sanjay Mishra as Hindi Teacher Vyakulji
- Jyoti Kalash as Jailor
- Vinti Idnani as Nisha
- Yukti Kapoor as Roshni
- Jeetu Shivhare as Drama Teacher Sala Sir
- Shefali Singh as Yoga Teacher
- Gautam Gilhotra as Music Teacher
- Parikshit Sahni as Judge
- Vraddhi Sharma as Jyoti
- Vicky Aahuja as Shrikant Tyagi
- Padam Singh as Girish Sharma
- Lavin Gothi as Vikram Tyagi
- Vikrant Rai as Ram Pratap Singh
- Bhupendra "Megh" Singh as Deenbandhu
|Soundtrack album by |
Manoj, Rashid Khan, Praveen, Hanif Shaikh & Palash Muchhal
|Released||2 June 2015|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
The music for Uvaa has been composed by Rashid Khan, Palash Muchal, Hanif Shaikh & Praveen-Manoj. The sound design and Background score has been made by Hanif Shaikh. The lyrics have been given by Bhupendra Singh Megh, Hanif Shaikh and Shiv Singh.
|1.||"Jiyo Lalla"||Bhupendra Singh||Praveen Bhardwaj & Manoj||Jasraj Joshi||05:31|
|2.||"Ishq Fobiya"||Bhupendra Singh||Rashid Khan||Mohammed Irfan, Bhanu Pratap Singh||05:55|
|3.||"Vande Mataram"||Bhupendra Singh, Hanif Shaikh||Hanif Shaikh||Siddharth Mahadevan, Sujata Mazumdar, Hanif Shaikh, Poonam Pandey 1||04:33|
|4.||"Natani"||Bhupendra Singh, Shiv||Palash Muchhal||Sujata Mazumdar, Amit Mishra, Poonam Pandey 1 & Shiv Singh||03:40|
|5.||"Ishq Fobiya Kyun"||Bhupendra Singh||Rashid Khan||Mohammed Irfan & Palak Muchhal||05:55|
Renuka Vyavahare of The Times of India said that, "Uvaa (read youngsters) is one of those many films which touches upon a relevant topic but fails to capitalise on its potential." The critic gave the film a rating of 2 out of 5 and concluded her review saying that, "shoddy execution mars this potentially significant social drama." Shaheen Parkar of Mid-Day gave the film a rating of 1.5 out of 5 and said that, "there’s nothing in the storyboard that enthralls you even for a few minutes." Martin D'Souza of Glamsham gave the film a rating of 2 out of 5 saying that, "If only director Jasbir Bhatti had dwelt on the subject rather than concentrating on silly school scenes and even sillier teachers, we would have had a hard-hitting film on our hands." Bollywood Life gave the film a rating of 1 out of 5 saying that, "Overall, the film is a poor attempt at driving home a relevant social message. A perfect case of good intention, bad execution."
- "Jasbir B. Bhati | Videos, Wallpapers, Movies, Photos, Biography". Bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "Dhanraj Films Pvt Ltd | Movie Companies | Bollywood Movies". Bollywoodhungama.com. 14 June 2013. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "Uvaa (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes.
- "Uvaa - 2015 - Zee Music Company". Saavn.
- "Uvaa Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "'Uvaa' - Movie review". Mid-Day.
- "UVAA Movie Review: UVAA is a badly delivered voice of the youth". Glamsham.
- "Uvaa Movie Review: This Jimmy Shergill movie suffers from poor execution!". Bollywood Life.