Ushangi Kokauri (Azerbaijani: Uşangi Kokauri, born 10 January 1992) is an Azerbaijani judoka of Georgian origin, acting in the weight category over 100 kg, member of the national team of Azerbaijan in judo. Ushangi representing Azerbaijan at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. He competed at the 2016 Summer Olympics in the men's +100 kg event, in which he was eliminated in the second round by Hisayoshi Harasawa.
|Born||10 January 1992|
|Weight||130–135 kg (287–298 lb)|
|Weight class||+100 kg|
|Achievements and titles|
|European Champ.||5th (2019)|
|Olympic Games||R16 (2016, 2020)|
|Profile at external databases|
|Updated on 17 July 2022.|
Ushangi Kokauri born 10 January 1992 in Georgia. In 2009, 2010 and 2011 he won Georgian youth judo championship. In 2012 he won the bronze medal in the championship of Georgia among adults. In November 2015 IJF Oceania Cup in Wollongong (Australia) won a silver medal. In the same year he won the bronze medal at the IJF African Cup in Port Louis. In February 2016 won a bronze medal at the IJF European Cup in Prague and gold – in Oberwart. In March of the same year he won the IJF African Cup in Casablanca. In April of the same in 2016 he won the bronze medal of the European Judo Championships in Kazan in the team standings. In May 2016, he was ranked 23rd in the world rankings. It was his best result in the world rankings.
- IJF profile
- "Azerbaijani judoka advances to 1/8 finals in Rio". AzerNews. 12 August 2016.
- "Ushangi Kokauri". Rio 2016. Archived from the original on 25 August 2016. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "Men +100 kg – Standings". Rio 2016. Archived from the original on 20 August 2016. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- Ushangi Kokauri at the International Judo Federation
- Ushangi Kokauri at JudoInside.com
- Ushangi Kokauri at Olympedia