- 1 Enjoy the Thandai
- 2 A barnstar for you!
- 3 About that IP and the Goguryeo and Balhae talk pages...
- 4 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- 5 Greetings.
- 6 A barnstar for you!
- 7 Copyvio in a nutshell
- 8 A cheeseburger for you!
- 9 Invitation to WikiProject Socialism
- 10 Democratic party of Korea
- 11 Re: Recent Edits to St John Ambulance in England
- 12 'No honorifics'
- 13 Surnames in the article Government of the Grand National Assembly
- 14 There is no 'Oromia Special Zone Surrounding Addis Ababa' officially.
Enjoy the ThandaiEdit
|A glass of Thandai for you|
|Here is a glass of Thandai for you. Thandai is a traditional Indian cold drink prepared with a mixture of almonds, fennel seeds, watermelon kernels, rose petals, pepper, vetiver seeds, cardamom, saffron, milk and sugar. |
Thanks a lot for your efforts in fighting vandals. It will be helpful to you if you use WP:Twinkle. Because it provides several options that come handy and make it faster to revert vandalism. Try it, I hope you will like it. If you have any questions feel free to ping me. cheers and regards.
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Anti-Vandalism Barnstar|
|Good work with Twinkle, keeping Wikipedia free from Vandalism. Keep it up. Try WP:Stiki as well. cheers. DBigXrayᗙ 21:41, 15 October 2018 (UTC)|
About that IP and the Goguryeo and Balhae talk pages...Edit
Good morning (my time zone). I just blocked the most recent IP used by the editor whose edits you have been reverting at Talk:Goguryeo and Talk:Balhae. Edits such as these   have caused him to cross the bright line laid down in WP:No legal threats. Feel free to immediately report any new IP at WP:ANI for that IP to also be blocked. You may reference the block log of 126.96.36.199 and mention that the user has been hopping across multiple IPs, harassing users and issuing legal threats.
Up until about a day ago, I thought it would have been better for you to rebut the claims made by the IP. However, the conduct of the IP has raised enough doubts in my mind that they are commenting on the talk page in good faith that I have reverted their additions. You are probably in the clear to continue reverting; however, it would be a really good idea to report them and note that this user, at other IPs, has already been subject to Wikipedia administrative actions because of this conduct. —C.Fred (talk) 11:36, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
One other thing. If there's some longer-term history of this IP's conduct (i.e., this is a pattern that's been going on a long time), share some diffs with me, so I can see more of the backstory. —C.Fred (talk) 11:37, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
Merry Christmas and Happy New YearEdit
|Merry Christmas and a Prosperous 2019!|
Hello Vif12vf, may you be surrounded by peace, success and happiness on this seasonal occasion. Spread the WikiLove by wishing another user a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, whether it be someone you have had disagreements with in the past, a good friend, or just some random person. Sending you a heartfelt and warm greetings for Christmas and New Year 2019.
A barnstar for you!Edit
Copyvio in a nutshellEdit
Wikipedia is the world's largest free content encyclopedia. As such, it cannot contain content copyrighted elsewhere. Such content must be removed immediately and completely rewritten and reformatted from scratch. Content published elsewhere copied into Wikipedia must state that it is public domain, licensed under the GFDL, or a creative commons license. That's the simple version. WP:copyright is a vastly complex issue, but if you keep to what I've written you are unlikely to run afoul. I hope you now understand to under no circumstance restore copvio material. Cheers, DlohCierekim 16:37, 9 March 2019 (UTC)
- I know, the last few weeks have been pretty tiring and i have had much to do, as such i might not always make the best decisions. It is also not the first time lately that i have had to deal with an IP removing large sections of an article, most of what i do is expanding/adding infoboxes and combating vandalism. Vif12vf/Tiberius (talk) 01:00, 10 March 2019 (UTC)
A cheeseburger for you!Edit
Invitation to WikiProject SocialismEdit
|Thank you for your recent contributions to one of Wikipedia's socialism articles. Did you know there's a WikiProject for editors interested in writing about socialism? If you would like to join, simply click the Join WikiProject button on the WikiProject Socialism page. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask at the WikiProject Socialism talk page.
Democratic party of KoreaEdit
Hi I'm Jeff6045. The reason why I write this is to get some help from you. Since you have long career as WP user I think your advice will be very helpful. Some users are trying to inject their own political view to Democratic Party of Korea.I think their behavior is considered to be WP:POINTy . One of users think that the party has socialism as ideology by faction or it is pro-north korea and try to inject their view on the article. However all of their theory is based on opposition party's theory or right-leaning Japanese media. (Today, Japan is having trade war with Korea. I think Japanese media can't make rational view on korea's rulling party.) I think their behavior is completely against WP's policy. Do you know how to handle these users or solve this problem? Jeff6045 07:06, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Jeff. I think it is important to verify sources to see whether they are reliable or not, if others are deliberately disrupting the article then you should give them warnings and possibly report them if they ignore your warnings, if they use several IP’s then you might want to apply for article protection! Currently I am at my family cabin and won’t be able to intervene before next Sunday! Vif12vf/Tiberius (talk) 12:40, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
Re: Recent Edits to St John Ambulance in EnglandEdit
Thanks for your message re: this.
I do acknowledge that some of my recent edits might need citations (and, to be fair - I think there are quite a lot of things in that article which would benefit from citations), but I'd prefer it if you didn't keep rolling the page back to how it was before the edits - the version you keep rolling back to contains a number of factual inccuracies. I acknowledge my edit isn't perfect, but it's improving on what was there before, and hopefully will allow future editors to make it even better.
I've added  templates in the obvious two places which need citations, maybe this is something you'd like to do?
Can I receive a clarification on this? It seems entirely illogical when just underneath there's a reference to 'Sir Nick Harvey'. Where's the consistency or the problem? · | (talk - contributions) 20:02, 12 October 2019 (UTC)
- It is just something we tend to be told not to use, it is wikipedia policy to not use honorifics like sir or DR! Vif12vf/Tiberius (talk) 20:52, 12 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hm. I understand that, but given the use of honorifics and formal titles currently in the infobox on Liberal Democrats (UK), as well as on other pages such as Conservative Party (UK), I feel that it would be more consistent to include the 'Sir' until there's a discussion on the talk page. · | (talk - contributions) 12:06, 13 October 2019 (UTC)
Surnames in the article Government of the Grand National AssemblyEdit
"Çakmak", "Orbay", and "Okyar" are surnames of those men. Why is "Atatürk" apart from that? The Surname Law was adopted in 1934. If you consider compliance with historical conditions, you should include their titles (pasha and bey). You took back my changes without any reason. - Aybeg (talk) 11:26, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
There is no 'Oromia Special Zone Surrounding Addis Ababa' officially.Edit
Hi, I came accross 'Oromia Special Zone Surrounding Addis Ababa' in wikipedia. And as all of us know this zone is under Oromia region jurisdiction. It sololy Oromia region right to name its zone. That is why CSA statisc agency and any Ethiopia government official website or paper call it Oromia Special Zone Surrounding Finfinne including wikipedia page for List of districts in the Oromia Region. I am not saying Addis Ababa is called Finfinne but that zone in Oromia region is called surrounding of Finfinne even in Amharic. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Dotohelp (talk • contribs) 14:16, 16 October 2019 (UTC)