(Please sign your posts on talk pages by using four tildes like this:
Trying to fight vandalism? Please follow these steps:
If you are here with questions about an edit I have deleted feel free to leave me a message. To leave me a message you may press the 'new section' tab at the top of the talk page or click here. Please remember to sign your message with four tildes (~~~~). If you drop me a message here I will respond here, unless requested otherwise. Please watchlist this page or check back for my reply; I could leave you a talkback notice if you request one. If I have left a message on your talk page — unless I've requested for a follow up here — I am watching it. If you leave your reply here, I may respond on your talk page or here, wherever stands to be convenient for you. If you are not sure if I am watching your page, please feel free to approach me here. I archive old messages on my talk page manually, as per convenience.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
My local time
I live in India and my local time may vary from yours. When you loaded this page it was 06:39 16 October 2019 (UTC+5.5) in India. Just refresh
this page to see what time it is now.
The Signpost: 30 September 2019Edit
You need better sources. Go to Google Scholar and carefully choose a few. Then request them at WP:RX. Don't request irrelevant ones.. these look good:
- Bhattacharya, Tithi. "Tracking the goddess: religion, community, and identity in the Durga Puja ceremonies of nineteenth-century Calcutta." The Journal of Asian Studies 66.4 (2007): 919-962.
- Mazumdar, B. C. "XIII. Durga: Her Origin and History." Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society 38.2 (1906): 355-362.
♦ Lingzhi2 (talk) 14:44, 1 October 2019 (UTC)
- @Lingzhi2: Thank you so much, Lingzhi! I have just been quite busy with work irl, also given that Durga puja starts day after. Hence, have been unable to edit much these days, though the article continues to stand in need for improvement. I recently started reading Kumkum Chatterjee's Goddess encounters: Mughals, Monsters and the Goddess in Bengal (2013); she studies the role of the Mughal empire in the development of goddess worship in Bengal. I shall also read the sources you have listed and get back to WP:RX. Quite sadly, I had not known of WP:RX earlier. It seems to be of great help. Thank you so much for the constant help and getting back to me. I am unsure when I will be able to get back to working on it, but inshallah I hope something comes out of it. Tamravidhir (talk) 09:27, 2 October 2019 (UTC)
- There's absolutely no rush, of course! When it comes to Wikipedia, I am a firm believer in eventualism. Slow and steady is the name of the game – and even "steady" isn't really all that necessary. :-). Cheers. ♦ Lingzhi2 (talk) 10:30, 2 October 2019 (UTC)
- @Lingzhi2: I understand. Thank you! :D Tamravidhir (talk) 10:32, 2 October 2019 (UTC)
Check this one too.Edit
Just for your concern, check this and this one too. I’ve added controversy section on Sadhvi Pragya and Nithyananda too. I add it when someone is in News.— Harshil want to talk? 09:03, 2 October 2019 (UTC)
- @Harshil169: Please do not start different discussion on different talk pages. Stick to one. Tamravidhir (talk)
- Your message was not visible on my talk page. — Harshil want to talk? 09:07, 2 October 2019 (UTC)
The article Gateway of India you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Gateway of India for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of KJP1 -- KJP1 (talk) 20:21, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
Namaste, Tamravidhir. We would like to inform you about the recent changes to the WikiProject. As you may know, the old newsletter for WikiProject India ceased circulation in 2010. Now we have re-launched the newsletter in a new way. As a member, you are cordially invited to subscribe to the newsletter. Thank you.
Sent by Path slopu on behalf of WikiProject India. Go here to remove your name if you wish to opt-out of future mailings.
MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:56, 14 October 2019 (UTC)