User talk:Star Mississippi/Archives/2009/June
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
I think he quit because of the Kareena Kapoor FAC. I don't think he was every personally criticised, I think it was just the high FAC bar YellowMonkey (cricket calendar poll!) 00:37, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thank x2, off to read as I'm totally unfamiliar with the subject and the FAC. I went to tell him I was nowhere near close to filling his request above. I feel bad now. StarM 01:04, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
Nope it was the general community and cyncism towards what I do on here by a number of people that I got fed up. I can see that my work benefits many people and many people think differently than them so I won't let them spoil wikipedia for me. You may be interested to know I've started Rabat Archaeological Museum and a few other museums in Tangier earlier. White cat 14:57, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
Hi, I'm Bianca, and I still don't really get it why my article was deleted, and how I should restore it. I'm just doing a Biology project, which is make an article in Wikipedia, and I really need it. Thanks ! —Preceding unsigned comment added by Bianca Brandão (talk • contribs) 04:06, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- Wikipedia is not the place for you to work on a biology project and the material you have added mltiple times is a copyright violation, which is not permitted on wikipedia. StarM 04:08, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
I'm as annoyed with him as you are. He was my first edit to WP, and since he was with the Brewers at the time, he gave rise to the silly username that I'm now stuck with.--brewcrewer (yada, yada) 04:47, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
- What was fun with him was watching his BP leap all over the place because he's had so few ABs. I'm not going insane because bad outings happen, and Mo is still the guy I'd want on the mound when the game is on the line. 494 saves is impressive and we all have bad outing. I admit, watching Brad Lidge choke is fun because he and Papelbum think they're infallible, where Mo has never claimed that. I admit, don't think I'd heard of Dillon before tonight. This was my first edit. StarM 04:58, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
... did you undo my edit. You claimd it was a test, yet it clearly wasn't. --Iway amway Imagineway Izardway. 20:46, 22 June 2009 (UTC))
A little under a year ago, you protected DeAnna Pappas from page creation, following a whole slew of A7 deletions. This past March, however, the page was created at Deanna Pappas, presumably to circumvent the protection. As the page appears to no longer satisfy A7 deletion, would you mind lifting the protection? I've no real vested interest, but at the very least a redirect should be set up between the two. ~ Amory (user • talk • contribs) 03:49, 23 June 2009 (UTC)
- Done, thanks for the heads up. She's certainly no longer an A7 and I've re-directed the old page to the new one, which seems to be how she spells her name. Any questions, please let me know StarM 01:02, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
Re: Stub question
Not sure why that wasn't renamed... it seems to have been removed from SFD and listed as "rename", but that never happened. It makes no difference anyway, the template is not being changed, so it can still be marked with that - when the category is renamed the article will automatically be shifted to the new title. Grutness...wha? 10:49, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
Block of User:NEMSA
Likely sockpuppeted - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/126.96.36.199 --Vidkun (talk) 05:27, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
- probably,t hanks for the heads up. The IP hasn't edited in six weeks, however. StarM 17:32, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
Modern Art Museum
You're welcome, buddy.
My only regret was not being able to find a description for the mobile (a Marie Orensanz, maybe).
Please let me know if you need me for anything in the future.
- Star Mississippi:
- Most of my edits and new articles are on Argentine or Uruguayan subjects, in general; my parents are Argentine - hence my interest in the area. I agree, though, that numerous notable museums around the world do lack a Wikipedia page (in English, at least), and that the effort would be worthwhile.
- You, by the way, seem very knowledgeable on the subject, and I can definitely see you earning a number of what they call "barnstars" for creating articles on the world's overlooked museums. I'll try to add a couple, myself.
- Good hearing from you again.
May I enquirer why I have received a vandalism warning? I admit I previously blanked User:DGG's page, but I fixed it later. I also received a warning from another user and I apologized. The only edit I made to his article was to put in capital letters at the start of his headlines and sections, and edit the "nice things," section. I do not see that as vandalism or disruptive editing, if there was a problem with that then couldn't you have told it to me instead of accusing me of vandalism?
- Multiple "corrections" of a userpage, especially that of an admin with whom you've had issues and calling it "nonsense" is vandalism. StarM 01:45, 30 June 2009 (UTC)