|This is SounderBruce's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to SounderBruce.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32|
- 1 Bellingham dance
- 2 Submissions for The 10,000 Challenge of WikiProject Canada
- 3 MfD nomination of Portal:Washington (state)
- 4 Evergreen Hospital DYK
- 5 2+U Naming
- 6 Operation Bootstrap
- 7 User:SounderBruce/Sandbox/John F. Dore
- 8 Speedy deletion nomination of Category:Washington (state) portal
- 9 Disambiguation link notification for October 15
- 10 AfC notification: User:SounderBruce/Sandbox/John F. Dore has a new comment
- 11 External Links, Sorry...
- 12 Editing as Activism: Edit-A-Thon to Correct Systemic Bias in Wikipedia
- 13 TFL notification
- 14 2019 US Banknote Contest
Hello Bruce. Thanks - I am new to contributing to Wikipedia so I appreciate the feedback. I'm curious as to why you retained Northwest Ballet (while removing the link) but removed my new reference to Bellingham Repertory Dance. Northwest Ballet, Opus Performing Arts, and BAAY (along with several other dance schools in Bellingham) are schools that also put on performances of various levels of quality. Northwest Ballet, in particular, is not a professional or semi-professional dance company; they are a ballet school that runs a number of local performances throughout the year - in this way the are not different from several other dance and performing arts schools in Bellingham (although they attempt to market themselves as a "dance company"). They are also not a "theatre" as are the other "bullet points" in the "Local Theatre" section (btw I'm glad you added the Firehouse - I was planning to do that myself today). BAAY actually is a "theatre" - their facility includes a 90 seat performance space.
Bellingham Repertory Dance (commonly referred to as BRD), on the other hand, is a semi-professional contemporary dance company composed of trained adult dancers with significant dance experience. While not a "theatre" they are the only true dance company in Bellingham with the possible exception of "Kuntz and Company" (an ad-hoc group run by WWU dance professor Pam Kuntz).
I'm thinking of writing a separate article on BRD. As you are the local Wikipedia expert, I welcome your thoughts on this.
- Allanredstone, Your additions included external links, which aren't generally allowed in the body of an article. They also read a bit too much like an advertisement, which is something to be avoided as part of our neutral point of view guideline. You are welcome to write an article about BRD through the Articles for creation process as long as you aren't associated with these groups or have other close connections (WP:COI). SounderBruce 04:19, 2 October 2019 (UTC)
Submissions for The 10,000 Challenge of WikiProject CanadaEdit
The 10,000 Challenge of WikiProject Canada is approaching its third anniversary. You are receiving this message because you participated in previous years of the challenge but have not yet submitted any article improvements for this year. Please consider submitting any Canada-related articles you have created or improved, ensuring that all submissions are sourced with formatted citations and have no unsourced claims. Barnstars will be awarded to participating editors in November.
You may use the above button to submit entries, or go the challenge page at WP:CAN10K for more information. Thank-you, and please spread the word to those you know who might be interested in joining this effort to improve the quality of Canada-related articles.
MfD nomination of Portal:Washington (state)Edit
Portal:Washington (state), a page which you created or substantially contributed to, has been nominated for deletion. Your opinions on the matter are welcome; you may participate in the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Portal:Washington (state) and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). You are free to edit the content of Portal:Washington (state) during the discussion but should not remove the miscellany for deletion template from the top of the page; such a removal will not end the deletion discussion. Thank you. Mark Schierbecker (talk) 05:36, 2 October 2019 (UTC)
Evergreen Hospital DYKEdit
- @Bri.public: Already using that as a hook. SounderBruce 22:02, 2 October 2019 (UTC)
- Duh, I should have looked at the talkpage. It's a good one. - Bri.public (talk) 22:10, 2 October 2019 (UTC)
- Now something actually constructive ... maybe an article on Totem Lake could be in the works. There's also The Village at Totem Lake and the city's justice center in the area. It used to be on the fringes but now is in the center since the 2011 annexation of three northerly neighborhoods abutting Woodinville and Kenmore. There's a bunch of transit infrastructure planned as I'm sure you know. I'll put it on my to-do list. - Bri.public (talk) 22:14, 2 October 2019 (UTC)
Hi Bruce I got your message about the 2+U page. Is there a good way to connect you with my team at Skanska? We own the property and just noticed the change of the Wiki page so we'd like to correct the error.
Please let me know.
- @Seahawiki: We have a conflict of interest policy that outlines what you and your team will need to do. Basically, it is better to bring up issues on the talk page rather than making changes yourself. I have left a note on your talk page about the conflict of interest policy as well. SounderBruce 04:14, 5 October 2019 (UTC)
Hello SounderBruce. Thanks for your response to my entry on Operation Bootstrap. You mentioned that my article was declined due to a lack of reliable sources. The sources I cited were: NY Times, LA Sentinel, Ebony magazine and Jet Magazine. Can you please explain in detail what you mean by lack of reliable sources so that I can make adjustments. Thank you.
- @YYH Wiki: Your citations are not properly formatted and thus hard to verify. Please follow the directions at WP:CS and include links. The article's subject does not seem to be independently notable, which needs to be explained through examples of consistent coverage that is long lasting. SounderBruce 21:16, 7 October 2019 (UTC)
User:SounderBruce/Sandbox/John F. DoreEdit
- @Techie3: I'd rather let it develop further once I can find more sources from that era. Right now it has chicken legs, with barely anything said about his actual mayoral term and plenty of details of his activities prior to the election. It's still common courtesy to not nominate incomplete drafts without consulting the primary contributors. SounderBruce 20:04, 8 October 2019 (UTC)
Speedy deletion nomination of Category:Washington (state) portalEdit
A tag has been placed on Category:Washington (state) portal requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section C1 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because the category has been empty for seven days or more and is not a disambiguation category, a category redirect, a featured topics category, under discussion at Categories for discussion, or a project category that by its nature may become empty on occasion.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be deleted without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. UnitedStatesian (talk) 04:46, 11 October 2019 (UTC)
AfC notification: User:SounderBruce/Sandbox/John F. Dore has a new commentEdit
External Links, Sorry...Edit
I wanted to apologize for adding too many external links. It sincerely wasn't done with malicious intent or ulterior motives. I use Wikipedia a lot and my desire was to add to the content in a positive way. It will not happen again.Ianasarad (talk) 01:37, 17 October 2019 (UTC)
Editing as Activism: Edit-A-Thon to Correct Systemic Bias in WikipediaEdit
Hi, SounderBruce. I'm just posting to let you know that List of MLS Cup finals – a list that you have been heavily involved with – has been chosen to appear on the Main Page as Today's featured list for November 11. The TFL blurb can be seen here. If you have any thoughts on the selection, please post them on my talk page or at TFL talk. Regards, Giants2008 (Talk) 21:16, 18 October 2019 (UTC)
2019 US Banknote ContestEdit
|US Banknote Contest|
There are an estimated 30,000 different varieties of United States banknotes, yet only a fraction of these are represented on Wikimedia Commons in the form of 2D scans. Additionally, Colonial America, the Confederate States, the Republic of Texas, multiple states and territories, communities, and private companies have issued banknotes that are in the public domain today but are absent from Commons.
In the months of November and December, WikiProject Numismatics will be running a cross-wiki upload-a-thon, the 2019 US Banknote Contest. The goal of the contest is to increase the number of US banknote images available to content creators on all Wikimedia projects. Participants will claim points for uploading and importing 2D scans of US banknotes, and at the end of the contest all will receive awards. Whether you want to claim the Gold Wiki or you just want to have fun, all are invited to participate.
If you do not want to receive invitations to future US Banknote Contests, follow the instructions here