A Newcomers WelcomeEdit
Season's Greetings SilentGanda, welcome to Wikipedia!
I noticed nobody had said hi yet...so...Hi!
If you feel a change is needed, feel free to make it yourself! Wikipedia is a wiki, so anyone (yourself included) can edit any article by following the Edit this page link. Wikipedia convention is to be bold and not be afraid of making mistakes. If you're not sure how editing works, have a look at How to edit a page, or try out the Sandbox to test your editing skills. A good habit to get into is using the edit summary. It will make re-discovering editing situations much easier as you go along. You might like some of these links and tips:
- some General guidance.
- Tutorial and the Manual of Style.
- Find out how to revert, move and merge pages.
- Sign your posts on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~).
- Add yourself to the New user log and a regional notice board
- Ask questions at the Village pump or Help desk.
- Use the Show preview button
- Provide an Edit summary
- Add the correct image copyright tag to any images you upload
- Take a look at Consensus of standards
- Create a User page
If, for some reason, you are unable to fix a problem yourself, feel free to ask someone else to do it. Wikipedia has a vibrant community of contributors who have a wide range of skills and specialties, and many of them would be glad to help. As well as the wiki community pages there are IRC Channels, where you are more than welcome to ask for assistance.
Re: Request to lock Survivor: One WorldEdit
Re your message: Unfortunately, it happens all of the time with Survivor articles. The attempted spoilers are almost always wrong as they were with edits last week. I left 126.96.36.199 another warning and my guess is that they will be back again and eventually be blocked. This season, attempts at "spoiling" things have actually been fairly light.
Due to my heavy involvement with the article, I think it would be best if you requested any protection through regular channels at WP:RFPP to avoid any perception that my locking of the article is bias upon my part. I will block or protect Survivor articles where the situation is obvious (i.e., vandalism), but this borders on a content issue and I would prefer that the protection be made by an uninvolved admin. -- Gogo Dodo (talk) 16:11, 12 April 2012 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:47, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!Edit
A page you started (List of Vice Presidents of the Philippines by place of primary affiliation) has been reviewed!Edit
Thanks for creating List of Vice Presidents of the Philippines by place of primary affiliation, SilentGanda!
Wikipedia editor Domdeparis just reviewed your page, and wrote this note for you:
i've resized the maps as they took up too much space on the article
To reply, leave a comment on Domdeparis's talk page.
Learn more about page curation.
ArbCom 2017 election voter messageEdit
ArbCom 2018 election voter messageEdit
"Thanks" for deleting my contribution on Formula E tracks lengths, I spent just a few hours to find and calculate the data; now can you please also delete track length column also from Formula 1 page? It's not necessary and hard to maintain.
Question: where should people look for data to compare Formula E to Formula 1; they'd need something like... don't know... an encyclopedia?
- Then I suggest that instead of being passive-aggressive, you look into the intent of why it was done and figure out what you can do. Wikipedia has policies specifically against the attitude you've just displayed: Wikipedia:Assume good faith; Wikipedia:No personal attacks.
- Your edit was undone because the intent was clearly to match the Formula E page, List of Formula E ePrix, to its equivalent Formula One page, List of Formula One Grands Prix, which you'll notice does NOT include the section you added. Perhaps you can make an equivalent Formula E page to List of Formula One circuits and work from there? Cheers! SilentGanda (talk) 11:03, 17 April 2019 (UTC)
- You're obviously trying to hide data by deleting them from wikipedia; this can be clearly understood in your last reason for deleting my data: "Remove for violating Wikipedia:NOR. Provide a source.", but Wikipedia itself is the source (I just divided best times by tracks length, both taken from wikipedia), and I did not add any section, I just added data to a table. I hope some REAL administrator will punish or ban you as deserve, I just quit discussing with you because it's a total waste of time. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jumpjack2 (talk • contribs) 10:16, 29 April 2019 (UTC)
- Once again, you failed to assume good faith with the undoing of your edits and instead made a personal attack on a fellow contributor. The corresponding Formula One page, List of Formula One circuits, provides for sources in the references section that can make the data in that page easily verifiable. Your edits to List of Formula E ePrix do not provide for any source. Furthermore, you just admitted that you committed original research when you "divided best times by tracks length" without providing a source, which is against Wikipedia policy.
- Finally, it seems that you have already been warned by User:VQuakr (here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:VQuakr/Archives/2018#Oumuamua) against adding original research to Wikipedia, not to mention your poor writing style, which was also evident in your previous edit. Please learn to follow Wikipedia policy on citing sources and following the Manual of Style when contributing. SilentGanda (talk)