|The Good Friend Award|
|For COUNTLESS good neighbor gestures and expert guidance and direction! ! !|
Screenshot of user contributionsEdit
I like File:User contributions detail.svg but it was removed from Help:User contributions today as outdated. Can you make an updated version with the red and green numbers described at Wikipedia:Added or removed characters? Also, "diff" and "hist" have swapped positions. An often overlooked detail is that the arrow at a section edit summary is a link to the section. It's a minor issue but perhaps this could be mentioned. PrimeHunter (talk)
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Writer's Barnstar|
|Thank you for creating Portland News-Telegram! I'm surprised we didn't have an article on this daily newspaper in Portland until last year. Lord Bolingbroke (talk) 03:53, 20 April 2019 (UTC)|
- Thank you Lord Bolingbroke. I was surprised to learn about it, I thought I knew about all the majorPortland publications over the years. This, the Portland Bee, and the Portland New Age were all interesting surprises. I hope to pull together more information about all of them. -Pete Forsyth (talk) 17:42, 30 April 2019 (UTC)
The Signpost: 30 April 2019Edit
- News and notes: An Action Packed April
- In the media: Is Wikipedia just another social media site?
- Discussion report: English Wikipedia community's conclusions on talk pages
- Featured content: Anguish, accolades, animals, and art
- Arbitration report: An Active Arbitration Committee
- Traffic report: Mötley Crüe, Notre-Dame, a black hole, and Bonnie and Clyde
- Technology report: A new special page, and other news
- Gallery: Notre-Dame de Paris burns
- News from the WMF: Can machine learning uncover Wikipedia’s missing “citation needed” tags?
- Recent research: Female scholars underrepresented; whitepaper on Wikidata and libraries; undo patterns reveal editor hierarchy
- From the archives: Portals revisited
ArbCom 2019 special circularEdit
Administrator account security (Correction to Arbcom 2019 special circular)Edit
ArbCom would like to apologise and correct our previous mass message in light of the response from the community.
Since November 2018, six administrator accounts have been compromised and temporarily desysopped. In an effort to help improve account security, our intention was to remind administrators of existing policies on account security — that they are required to "have strong passwords and follow appropriate personal security practices." We have updated our procedures to ensure that we enforce these policies more strictly in the future. The policies themselves have not changed. In particular, two-factor authentication remains an optional means of adding extra security to your account. The choice not to enable 2FA will not be considered when deciding to restore sysop privileges to administrator accounts that were compromised.
We are sorry for the wording of our previous message, which did not accurately convey this, and deeply regret the tone in which it was delivered.
For the Arbitration Committee, -Cameron11598 21:04, 4 May 2019 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:Mickey Mouse.pngEdit
Thanks for uploading File:Mickey Mouse.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. --B-bot (talk) 02:41, 8 May 2019 (UTC)