I was wondering why you reverted my changes in the page of the Federation I am currently part of, as Executive Board Member. I am the current Vice-President for Public Relations and Communication of the International Federation of Medical Students' Associations. I am the most liable source right now. You can check my identity in our website, ifmsa.org. My name is José Chen, I'm from Portugal.
Wiki mark-up linkEdit
Hi! You might find these handy:
Cheers! — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 22:35, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
Other useful linksEdit
Links for new editorsEdit
If you're leaving a question regarding an article you're attempting to get onto Wikipedia, here are some links you might find helpful:
Jalor City F.C. and Wat Bot City F.C. playing in Thai League 4 not Thailand Amateur LeagueEdit
Jalor City F.C. is competing in Thai League 4 Southern region. Wat Bot City F.C. is competing in Thai League 4 Northern region. You can find additional data from Thai League's official website . Now they are not amateur teams. Thai League 4 is a professional league system. 2019 season featured since 9 February to 1 September, 27 matches for Northern region and 24 matches for Southern region. So that, these teams must not redirect to Thailand Amateur League. Gunkiet (talk) 03:41, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
You nominated my creation of the article about "Igor Krivokapic" for deletion and already deleted it. You saythe text is copied, and user Jimfbleak points to my personal website. Actually I am really pissed off because I first created the text on Wikipedia and THEN LATER copied the text to my website. I did this order because I already did it vice versa and some other wonderful admins here then deleted my articles because it was first on my website and 10 minutes later on Wikipedia. I thought I got the point and so made it correctly. So the Wiki text was first and I copied the text for my website LATER IN TIME. So you please restore my article immediately. Thanks. Tobias Broeker — Preceding unsigned comment added by 20th c violin concerto (talk • contribs) 12:46, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!Edit
||The Original Barnstar
|For cleanup of new articles ~Kvng (talk) 17:22, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks Kvng - Keep up your good work over at AfC.Onel5969 TT me 10:10, 3 September 2019 (UTC)
mensura jahic english versionEdit
Hello, you wrote that my article will be removed because it seems it is copied from another article, it is an english version of Mensura Jahic article on wikipedia on srpsko/hrvatski language. Please, I kindly ask you to help me pair it with original version on srpsko/hrvatski language as an translation, that was my intention but I obviously didn't do it right. thank you in advance for your help. — Preceding unsigned comment added by AmraAB (talk • contribs) 20:08, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
Jalor City F.C. and Wat Bot City F.C. playing in Thai League 4 not Thailand Amateur LeagueEdit
Jalor City F.C. is competing in Thai League 4 Southern region. Wat Bot City F.C. is competing in Thai League 4 Northern region. You can find additional data from Thai League's official website . Now they are not amateur teams. Thai League 4 is a professional league system. 2019 season featured since 9 February to 1 September, 27 matches for Northern region and 24 matches for Southern region. So that, these teams must not redirect to Thailand Amateur League. Gunkiet (talk) 15:03, 3 September 2019 (UTC)
I would like to have the page Mark Rosen reviewed. I created this page a while back, over a year ago and it was never reviewed. Thanks! Eibln (talk) 14:36, 4 September 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you! Eibln (talk) 15:05, 4 September 2019 (UTC)
It seems to me that it is not necessary to place another source that simply copy this source that I place, since this source is primary. Other sources would be just copies based on this. it seems to me that this source is already enough, because it's a list, it's data created by them, and they are the indicated ones to provide this information. See the wikipedia article of the Kaiser Family Foundation.--BrugesFR (talk) 23:36, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
Check for Copyright ViolationsEdit
Hello, hope you're doing good.
I created 3 fresh pages today which are Amar Dedić, Emmanuel Michael and Bryan Okoh.
I'll like you to review and check them, to make sure I'm no more violating copyrights again.
Thanks. Nnadigoodluck (talk) 12:51, 6 September 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for cleaning it up - figured a histmerge and then moving it back to Jessore (town) would be the correct move. SportingFlyer T·C 03:19, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- No worries, SportingFlyer - wasn't a bad choice, just felt it was better if all the redirect/revert redirect crap was better if it simply wasn't there. I've actually never gone the histmerge route, having always gone the del and then move route. But I can see places where that's a completely valid method, for example if there was simply a redirect with zero history. Regardless, keep up the good work. Onel5969 TT me 03:41, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
If you would like to review Draft:Temple Neuf, Metz, I've added references and material to it! Paris91 (talk) 05:59, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- Nice job Paris91 - moved it back to mainspace. keep up the good work.Onel5969 TT me 10:27, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
The article was a translation of the original article[] (German),which lacked enough sources and citations. I just translated the article. Now, I improved the article b a bit and resubmit it for review.You can review Draft:RBU-1200 ,and tell me if anything else is needed.Thank you.-AzfarShams (talk) 06:47, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hi AzfarShams - That happens a lot when pages are translated from other Wiki's, most of which don't have the same standards as English WP. I've moved it back to mainspace. If you can find more sources for it, that would be a good thing. Thanks for your contributions.Onel5969 TT me 10:35, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
Instead of reaching a magic 300 as it once did last year, the backlog approaching 6,000 is still far too high. An effort is also needed to ensure that older unsuitable older pages at the back of the queue do not get automatically indexed for Google.
A proposal is taking place here to confirm a nominated user as Coordinator of NPR.
- This month's refresher course
Why I Hate Speedy Deleters, a 2008 essay by long since retired Ballonman, is still as valid today. Those of us who patrol large numbers of new pages can be forgiven for making the occasional mistake while others can learn from their 'beginner' errors. Worth reading.
- Deletion tags
Do bear in mind that articles in the feed showing the trash can icon (you will need to have 'Nominated for deletion' enabled for this in your filters) may have been tagged by inexperienced or non NPR rights holders using Twinkle. They require your further verification.
- Paid editing
Please be sure to look for the tell-tale signs of undisclosed paid editing. Contact the creator if appropriate, and submit the issue to WP:COIN if necessary. WMF policy requires paid editors to connect to their adverts.
- Subject-specific notability guidelines' (SNG). Alternatives to deletion
- Reviewers are requested to familiarise themselves once more with notability guidelines for organisations and companies.
- Blank-and-Redirect is a solution anchored in policy. Please consider this alternative before PRODing or CSD. Note however, that users will often revert or usurp redirects to re-create deleted articles. Do regularly patrol the redirects in the feed.
- Not English
- A common issue: Pages not in English or poor, unattributed machine translations should not reside in main space even if they are stubs. Please ensure you are familiar with WP:NPPNE. Check in Google for the language and content, and if they do have potential, tag as required, then move to draft. Modify the text of the template as appropriate before sending it.
Regular reviewers will appreciate the most recent enhancements to the New Pages Feed and features in the Curation tool, and there are still more to come. Due to the wealth of information now displayed by ORES, reviewers are strongly encouraged to use the system now rather than Twinkle; it will also correctly populate the logs.
Stub sorting, by SD0001: A new script is available for adding/removing stub tags. See User:SD0001/StubSorter.js, It features a simple HotCat-style dynamic search field. Many of the reviewers who are using it are finding it an improvement upon other available tools.
Assessment: The script at User:Evad37/rater makes the addition of Wikiproject templates extremely easy. New page creators rarely do this. Reviewers are not obliged to make these edits but they only take a few seconds. They can use the Curation message system to let the creator know what they have done.
DannyS712 bot III is now patrolling certain categories of uncontroversial redirects. Curious? Check out its patrol log.
Go here to remove your name if you wish to opt-out of future mailings.
MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:15, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
Hello Onel5969. I am just letting you know that I declined the speedy deletion of United Cube Concert – One, a page you tagged for speedy deletion, because of the following concern: notable performers and notable organisator both indicate significance. Thank you. SoWhy 13:01, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
I have unreviewed a page you curatedEdit
Hi, I'm Arthistorian1977. I wanted to let you know that I saw the page you reviewed, Uthman ibn Abi'l-Ula, and have marked it as unpatrolled. If you have any questions, please ask them on my talk page. Thank you.
Message delivered via the Page Curation tool, on behalf of the reviewer.
Arthistorian1977 (talk) 17:31, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hey there, Arthistorian1977 - any particular reason? Seems like a valid redirect to me. Onel5969 TT me 17:33, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
- Not this again :(. Looks like when I press review seconds after you do it, the tool does an opposite action. My apologies. Arthistorian1977 (talk) 17:35, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
- No worries, Arthistorian1977 - I've done that too. Thought that might be the case, but I always like to check in case there's something I missed. Keep up the good work. Onel5969 TT me 17:40, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
Deletion of my pageEdit
I had created a page for Italian Entrepreneur Maria Sole Agnelli. I had multiple sources and people that agreed with me. Furthermore,there is already an italian page for her and there are english pages for her nephews that have done much less with much less sources (Most of the Brandolini D'Adda cousins on the wiki)
I wanted to restore the page to my version but I of course wanted to communicate with you before doing anything
Thanks in Advance
Ranieri001 (talk) 22:10, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Ranieri001 - First, the fact that an article exists on another wiki is irrelevant. Most other wikis have much less stringent notability criteria than English WP. Second, while her nephews may have pages, that is also irrelevant. It's called an WP:OSE argument. Just because an article exists on Wikipedia does not mean it is necessarily a good model to base a new article on. Wikipedia is monitored by volunteers, so it's not unusual for an inappropriate article to slip through the cracks. That's why every month 100s of articles go through the AfD process and get deleted. Third, it appears you translated the page from the Italian wiki. Thank you for that, since we need folks to translate articles. But when you do, please provide the proper attribution, which in this case would read something like "translated from Italian Wikipedia article". Fourth, biographies of living people (see BLP), require that virtually every assertion have a reliable source. So the information about her horse, as well as the opening statement need references. Now, because I restored the redirect does not mean that this woman is not notable, it simply means that in its current state the article isn't sourced well enough to show her notability. Currently, there are two sources. The first is a simple listing, while the second is to a work of fiction, which while it is based on historical events, makes it an invalid source. On English WP, to show notability you need at least 2-3 in-depth references from independent, reliable sources to show notability. Take a look at WP:GNG for general notability guidelines, and WP:RS for what constitutes a reliable source. If you wish to work on the article, I can move it into draft space for you, and you can work on it there until you feel it's sourced well enough for mainspace. Hope this helps. Onel5969 TT me 13:40, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
Hello. I guess your propose for Ekaterina Katashinskaia for non notability, she also quailfy the terms of
“Won a Junior Grand Prix event or qualified to the Junior Grand Prix Final.”
She won her JGP event twice. Yoniiieei (talk) 22:34, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
Rudolf Bayr finalEdit
Hey man, im back, and as promised I have found 3 or 4 more sources directly from this guy's books to add to the Rudolf Bayr article, as versions might vary i also added the pages but if you go and look at them personally the pages might vary.
anyways as always thanks for ur time and friendship my man. have a good one (if you have time i also made my first article on a living person, its called Fred De Palma because i saw that it had a bit of visits on the italian Wiki so i thought it would be a good idea). — Preceding unsigned comment added by Spaicol (talk • contribs) 07:02, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Spaicol and welcome back. First, please take a look at WP:CIT on how to properly format citations. Looking at those will also give you an understanding of what information needs to be included in the citations. While page numbers are a definite need, there are other items needed to properly identify a source. Until that happens, I can't truly evaluate whether Bayr meets WP:GNG. I think he does, but I'm not sure. Regarding blp's, as I told the editor just above, make sure that every assertion has a reliable source to back it up. The only issue I see in your article is the final several sentences, which appear to be unreferenced, which I've tagged. Once you reference them, simply remove that tag. Also, thank you for translating articles, we need that on English WP, but remember when you do to give proper attribution. I made a small edit, and left the attribution, which you can see on the article's history page. Hope this helps.Onel5969 TT me 13:58, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
Hey man, thanks for linking me the stuffs, ill get on it as soon as possible, good to see u again too, much love Spaicol (talk) 21:01, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
you are organised! thanks for your response to the NSW bizarro stuff - much appreciate your effort! JarrahTree 11:46, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks JarrahTree - block evasions really piss me off. Onel5969 TT me 11:48, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- some of the subs created by both user names were legit enough - which would confuse anyone reviewing what the frank zappa was going on... JarrahTree 11:51, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Absolutely. But I'm of the opinion, that even if an article is a valid subject, if it was created by a blocked user it should be summarily deleted. Else, it's simply an encouragement to block evaders to continue to attempt to evade blocks. Onel5969 TT me 11:54, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- indeed, you have the energy and enthusiasm - just a small fyi
from the depths of the oz archives regarding an aspect of the particular editors enthusiasms JarrahTree 11:58, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- but I have a problem where there is a genuine attempt by other eds to improve or add to like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_of_Perlubie
the New South Wales items I understand your concern, but wherein the contents of such items at South Australia, well I have a problem with full edit removal (ie the earlier user name the legit items I believe have a case for existence, creations by the second name I understand) - a moral dilemma me thinks... JarrahTree 12:20, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- I understand the dilemma when other editors have made contributions to the article. In my mind I weigh those contributions versus the incentive to block evaders. I think if there has been significant improvement, I have no issue with keeping the article. But barring that, I think we should delete the article. Regardless, thanks for all you do on WP.Onel5969 TT me 22:42, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
there is a war of editions in the article of Mexico City between me and the User:Generic515, please I need you to act in mediation, it is about the color of a group of images that he wants to gray the box and I think it distorts the article besides that it does not match the rest of images. thank you very much.--BrugesFR (talk) 05:45, 16 September 2019 (UTC)
- Well, first, don't edit war. Start a discussion on the talk page. Second, I see culpability on both sides, since this is a style issue for the most part. However, there was definitely some communication issues. Bottom line is, the other editor is correct that in English WP it is perfectly acceptable to use the conversion template from meters to feet, since both are used in the English speaking world. I would change the label at the top of the box from masl to simply say "elevation". That would alleviate the duplication issue. And FWIW, I agree that the table looks better without the foot conversion, but the other editor is perfectly within their rights to add it.Onel5969 TT me 10:38, 16 September 2019 (UTC)
I noticed you undid my edit, as I used the copy-and-paste method to superficially move Ynés Mexia. Please see Talk:Ynés Mexia#Requested move 16 September 2019. WikiWinters (talk) 13:41, 16 September 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for the ping WikiWinters - commented at the move request. Onel5969 TT me 13:53, 16 September 2019 (UTC)
Hi Onel5969, you recently turned Vish (TV series) into a redirect to Viacom 18. There's no mention of the show at the target, and the last revision with content doesn't mention Viacom 18. Could you explain why you chose the target that you did so that I know how to categorize it correctly? Wug·a·po·des 18:05, 18 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Wugapodes - Sorry, I've been neglecting my talk page. I redirected it to Viacom 18 because the article says it was aired on Colors TV, which redirects there.Onel5969 TT me 23:04, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
Hey, I noticed you reverted my edits on Kasumi Suzuki and I was wondering if there was a way I could contest the redirect since she's notable with some lead roles? lullabying (talk) 18:41, 18 September 2019 (UTC)
- Sorry, only one signficant role, which is where the redirect points to.Onel5969 TT me 22:47, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
- This edit shows she was also in plenty of other lead roles, such as Karas and a couple of dramas. It just seems weird to have the redirect point to that page when she's more well-known in other roles. lullabying (talk) 17:09, 26 September 2019 (UTC)
Rogers All StarsEdit
Hi Onel5969, I saw that you added some maintenance tags to an article I recently moved to main, Rogers All Stars. I appreciate the feedback but I am a little unclear on where additional inline citations are needed. I have cited everything in the prose of the article inline, although sometimes if all the info in one paragraph comes from one source I prefer to just put one citation at the end of the paragraph rather than after each sentence. Thanks for your help. Boomur [☎] 01:56, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Boomur - I should have only tagged it with a single tag, needing more references, and only really one, for the Artists section, which is wholly unreferenced. Keep up the good work. Onel5969 TT me 22:50, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you for clarifying! I have moved the refimprove tag to the Artists section and cited a couple of the entries. Cheers. Boomur [☎] 00:54, 24 September 2019 (UTC)
Hello Onel5969. I am just letting you know that I declined the speedy deletion of Nikolas Tesla, a page you tagged for speedy deletion, because of the following concern: G5: The user was neither blocked nor banned at the time of page creation. Thank you. –Darkwind (talk) 06:34, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
- Err, I realized the automated message above isn't very clear. G5 only applies to pages created by a blocked or banned user who violated their block/ban to create the page. It does not retroactively apply to pages created by a now-blocked user before they were blocked. –Darkwind (talk) 06:35, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
- No worries, Darkwind - I was hesitant to do it regardless, since although the user is blocked, it's not a bad redirect. I tend to lean towards delete when dealing with blocked users, so as not to encourage them to sock. Onel5969 TT me 22:43, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
Figure skating notabilityEdit
Hello. you’ve marked on my creation “Devid Naryzhnyy” for non notability and I’ve looked over the detailed terms. And Devid Naryzhnyy has notability for qualifing Junior grandprix Finals,
go check number 7 : Won a Junior Grand Prix event or qualified to the Junior Grand Prix Final. Yoniiieei (talk) 22:31, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Yoniiieei - That's an inactive, historical page. The current guideline is WP:NSKATE, which I named in my prod. You'll see that the simply qualifying is no longer applicable. Sorry. But don't let this discourage you. It's a well-crafted page, simply doesn't meet notability guidelines.Onel5969 TT me 22:36, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
Hi, But as here says ....it meets the “general” notability guidelines.
“Q3: If a sports figure does not meet the criteria specified in a sports-specific notability guideline, does this mean he/she does not meet Wikipedia's notability standards?
A3: No, it does not mean this—if the subject meets the general notability guideline, then he/she meets Wikipedia's standards for having an article in Wikipedia, even if he/she does not meet the criteria for the appropriate sports-specific notability guideline. The sports-specific notability guidelines are not intended to set a higher bar for inclusion in Wikipedia: they are meant to provide some buffer time to locate appropriate reliable sources when, based on rules of thumb, it is highly likely that these sources exist.
Q4: What is considered a "reasonable amount of time" to uncover appropriate sources?
A4: There is no fixed rule, as it may differ in each specific case. Generally, though, since there is no fixed schedule to complete Wikipedia articles, given a reasonable expectation that sources can be found, Wikipedia editors have been very liberal in allowing for adequate time, particularly for cases where English language sources are difficult to find. For a contemporary sports figure in a sport that is regularly covered by national media in English, less leeway may be given.”.
I don’t know how much you know about figure skating, Junior Grandprix final is the biggest event of Figure Skating. And they qualified for this. Yoniiieei (talk) 22:52, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
Can you stop with the blanking spree?Edit
Not 20 Anymore has quite a few news articles on the article. Lalalay reached the top 5 in Korea. Y2K (record producer) has charted in a bunch of countries. None of these fail notability criteria. The Saint Asonia article has three news articles listed on it. I think your take on WP:NSONGS and WP:NALBUMS is out of step with everybody else's, and I think you just like redirecting articles. Please stop with the blanking sprees, they're not helpful and very contentious. The next step is AFD. Feel free to nominate them. Ss112 04:17, 22 September 2019 (UTC)
- Also, you are problematically blanking articles like Shaped by Fire when there are a dozen news sources present, and Korean topics that there is plenty of coverage on—Dear My Dear and Closer to You (Exo-SC song) being two—this reads like bias against Korean topics just because you don't understand them. Songs and albums do not require English-language sources and can still be notable without them, and those two definitely are. Ss112 04:23, 22 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Onel5969. I am assuming good faith here, but these page blankings don't appear to be supported by our guidelines. Blanking pages, while not prohibited in all cases, is a pretty extreme step and you need to be sure you are on solid ground. The fact that there appear to be multiple cases of inappropriate such actions suggests at the very least, an unfortunate lapse in judgement. We all have bad days, but please be more careful. As Ss112 noted, if you think any of these pages don't meet our guidelines... WP:AfD <<<< is that way. Thanks for your long record of work on the project. -Ad Orientem (talk) 04:55, 22 September 2019 (UTC)
- Greetings Ad Orientem and Ss112. I agree Not 20 Anymore and Lalalay were errors. My apologies for those. I did redirect Y2K (record producer), since there is only a single in-depth article about the producer. The rest are about the song, or are primary sources. As for Shaped by Fire, the "dozen" news sources barely talk about the album. They are more about the notoriety of the lead singer. In fact, several do not mention the album at all (Blabbermouth, Loudwire 2/9/2017, PRP, Loudwire 12/18/17, Loudwire 4/12/19, Loudwire 9/13/19), while others (YouTube and Facebook) are not reliable sources, while others give a brief mention of the album (metalnexus (which I also question the RS of - appears to be a blog)), others (Blabbermouth, ultimate guitar) are simply promo announcements or blogs. In that morass of poor citations, I did redirect that as well. Regarding Closer to You (Exo-SC song) and other Korean songs, there's no bias regarding foreign language sources, not with translator programs. The first two sources don't mention the song, YouTube sources are not RS as to notability, Twitter is not a reliable source, and the final two news sources don't mention the the song at all. In fact, they seem to contradict what is in the article, as they say the three title tracks are: "Wat a Life", "Slightly Faint", and "You Can Sing". And the EP charted, not the song, so yes, WP:NSONG would apply. Others, such as The Practice of Love (album) were wholly uncited. While others, like Pose To Do, with only a single in-depth source, were so poorly sourced that I did follow WP:NSONG and redirect. Then there were articles like Flawed Design (album), which only had 3 primary sources (since interviews are primary). Both NSONG and NALBUM state that sourcing must be independent, and WP:NALBUM clearly states that "other publications where the musician or ensemble talks about the recording" do not count towards notability. Others, like You Can't Stop the Girl, are poorly sourced (in terms of notability). Only the Variety piece goes to notability (the other 4 sources being two listings and two tweets), and it doesn't really go into depth about the song. The rest of the redirects used similar methodology. I've reviewed literally hundreds of articles which have been created out of Ss112's stubs, and probably 95% of them pass review. In fact, yesterday I think I reviewed about 50, and redirected about a dozen. And other than the two I admit should have simply been marked "reviewed", the others as per WP:SONG and WP:NALBUM should have been redirected. Onel5969 TT me 12:30, 22 September 2019 (UTC)
- I'm not saying much beyond that I am not getting into deconstructing all the sources present on each of the articles, and even if we did at AfD or the like, whether the sources currently present prove notability or not, it is my belief the articles I restored are all notable topics and there are sources that exist on them that prove their notability, and said nominations would fail. I did not revert every article you redirected—you might notice I left Pose to Do alone, and I did not restore The Practice of Love (album)—that was another editor. Also, K-pop tracks frequently have an English and a Korean title. The source you pointed out does not contradict what the article states. That Exo-SC song's Korean title translates to Faintly while its English title is "Just Us 2". Ss112 12:50, 22 September 2019 (UTC)
Hi Onel5969, I see you commented on my new Boubon article. Your complaint that this article is an orphan seems an unfair criticism, as it is quite logic that no (or few) articles refer to an article that did not previously exist! If you go to other wiki-articles on "Populated places in Niger" you will see that most of them are orphans but you did not add an orphan-tag there. Why didn't you? In fact, it is quite hard for articles on small villages in Africa NOT to be orphans, as -generally speaking- very few Wiki-worthy things happen in such villages. Anyway, to quench your thirst I added references to Boubon in 5 other wiki-articles. You also say there are not enough citations. This I do not understand either: the climate data are clearly referenced. The detailed story about French colonial rule is clearly referenced, from a book by André Salifou. I have that book at home and even went so far as to see if it was available on the web (it was). Even the former existence of a hotel is clearly referenced and demonstrated with a photo. Still, I added an extra reference for your convenience. Best regards, NigerTZai (talk) 12:45, 23 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hi NigerTZai - First, you mistake observation with criticism. If an article is an orphan, than it's an orphan. That's not a criticism, but simply a tag placed on the page so that other editors know to look for ways to de-orphan it. There are some editors who specialize in doing just that. Second, terms like "quench your thirst" are pretty much uncivil, if you have that attitude, please do not post on my page again. Third, while you've added a reference, there are still items in your article which are unsourced (your footnote #2 is not a valid footnote).Onel5969 TT me 10:39, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
I have unreviewed a page you curatedEdit
Hi, I'm QuiteUnusual. I wanted to let you know that I saw the page you reviewed, Joseph N. Chambers, and have marked it as unpatrolled. If you have any questions, please ask them on my talk page. Thank you. The page needs a little work for style and format, so I've unmarked it so that the NPP will pick it up.
Message delivered via the Page Curation tool, on behalf of the reviewer.
QuiteUnusual (talk) 15:26, 23 September 2019 (UTC)
For all your reviews and cleanupEdit
||The Reviewer Barnstar
|Thanks for all the reviews of articles I've recently created and the general cleanup of them. I appreciate all your diligent work. The Mirror Cracked (talk) 18:23, 23 September 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks The Mirror Cracked, keep up the good work. My grandparents hail from Abertillery, got married across the mountain in the church in Six Bells, so I love stuff about Wales. Onel5969 TT me 10:47, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
nomination of deletionEdit
hi. I know you contribute so much on wikipedia’s deletion I suggest you to put flag also [Kamila Valieva], Lee Hae-in(figure skater), Andrei Mozalev I guess your contributio. may contribute to suggest a revise on standard on figureskaters. Thxx Yoniiieei (talk) 03:28, 24 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hi. I don't go looking for articles to delete. But when I come across an article during NPP that doesn't meet notability standards, I do nominate it. I have no interest in figure skating, and so would not participate in any discussion regarding the WP:SKATE SNG.Onel5969 TT me 10:50, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
Delete my Wikipedia pageEdit
My Wikipedia page was delete 26th August, 2019. I was create my profile this year June, after 2 months my profile was delete by reason of same content, refers http://atanuraychaudhuri.com/bio/. Atanu Ray Chaudhuri is a very respectable person in India, and he is professionally a advocate & well known film producer in Bengali film industry.
So, I would like to inform you that, I want to start this page with different content, which will be not used in any other places, and it will be not any copy paste content. So Can i do that? Please inform me, it's urgent. Roy Chaudhuri Atanu (talk) 08:22, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
- (talk page watcher) You seem to have a conflict of interest. Tamravidhir (talk) 08:25, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Roy Chaudhuri Atanu, as Tamravidhir - It appears you do have a COI issue, are you related to this individual in any way? If so, you should not work on their page. You could make a request at Wikipedia:Requested articles, providing valid sources showing this person's notability (hint, the link you provided above doesn't). And creating a page is never "urgent". Making that statement might mean that you wish to create a page for advertising purposes, which is not what Wikipedia is for. Onel5969 TT me 10:59, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
I’m very sorry to disturb you bossEdit
I apologize for disturbing you. I’m doing so because I need your help in reviewing the page I created Chris Okagbue. I come to you because You are the person who reviewed the last 3 or 4 pages I created after other reviewers left hanging for months. Thanks boss Amaekuma (talk) 02:25, 26 September 2019 (UTC)
Hello, why you're reverting those award pages? What's the problem? ABTHEBOSS (talk) 13:03, 26 September 2019 (UTC)
- They were merged as part of AfD discussions. The information can be added to the target page. Onel5969 TT me 13:17, 26 September 2019 (UTC)
Be careful, man! ;-)Edit
I just applied full protection to the An App a Day article, as this is clearly a content-related issue and dispute that needs to be resolved by discussion and consensus. You obviously want to be careful in situations like these, as you both were engaging in edit warring on the article. ;-) Just keep this in mind next time you run into a similar situation next time (as we all undoubtedly will... lol). I just don't want to see you get into any hot water over something like this, and I definitely don't want to see you get blocked by another admin who doesn't take time and talk to users and help resolve the matter at-hand. ;-) I'm just leaving you an informal message to let you know; no need to worry about it or lose and sleep over this. I hope you're having a great day, and it's good to see you again! :-) Cheers - ~Oshwah~(talk) (contribs) 16:28, 27 September 2019 (UTC)
- Never mind! Apparently this user is Fourlaxers, and is engaging in block evasion. Sorry for bothering you with the message I left above. :-) ~Oshwah~(talk) (contribs) 16:33, 27 September 2019 (UTC)
- No worries, Oshwah - thanks for looking out for me. My response was that I thought this was a sock, and had no way of checking, however. Regardless, thanks for your concern. Onel5969 TT me 21:44, 27 September 2019 (UTC)
- No problem! Just lookin' out for you and watching your back. ;-) ~Oshwah~(talk) (contribs) 23:46, 27 September 2019 (UTC)
- As always, always a pleasure Oshwah - appreciate your oversight. And thanks for all you do on WP. Onel5969 TT me 00:39, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
Hi, good afternoon.Edit
Good afternoon; I live in this state; this articles are diferents; one article is for municipality and other article is for settlement; municipality and settlement is not the same.Marrovi (talk) 16:22, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Marrovi - I have no idea what you are talking about. Onel5969 TT me 16:24, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
- Category:Municipalities of the State of Mexico
- Category:Municipality seats in the State of Mexico
- Category:Populated places in the State of Mexico
- There are three diferent categories by Mexico state political subdivitions; regards.Marrovi (talk) 16:26, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
For example; Tequixquiac is a municipality; Santiago Tequixquiac is a municipality seat or municipality capital and Tlapanaloya is a village or town inside in Tequixquiac municipality.Marrovi (talk) 16:29, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hi again. Sorry, but I still have no idea what you are talking about. It does not appear that I've edited any of those pages or categories.Onel5969 TT me 17:15, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
Deletion of my pageEdit
I wanted you let you know Devid Naryzhnyy ‘s article was decided to be kept by wikipedia managers.
So from now on DO NOT put flag on other figure skaters who qualifed for Junior GrandPrix Final.
Thank you. Yoniiieei (talk) 23:19, 30 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Yoniiieei, I read the message that Onel5969 left you on your talk page and he was friendly and respectful. Your message to him here doesn't strike me as quite as respectful.
- I also wanted to let you know that Wikipedia doesn't have managers - it's the community, people like you and like him and like me, who decide together what is kept and what is deleted.
- And one more thing which I think you may find useful to know is that there is no such thing as your page - once you add anything to Wikipedia it's no longer yours, it belongs to the project.
- I hope Onel5969 continues to do the great job he does in making sure articles created in Wikipedia are notable, even if sometimes it's necessary to err on the side of caution. But as you've seen, the system is not broken, as the article you created is still there.
- Dr. Vogel (talk) 23:30, 30 September 2019 (UTC)
- First, thank you DrVogel for your kind words. Second, Yoniiieei, in my opinion, "your" article was kept as a simply result of vote counting, which shouldn't happen during an AfD process, but unfortunately does happen from time to time. There is no basis in notability criteria for the article to have been kept. Another article, similar to the one you created, was deleted on the same set of facts, on the same day, created by one of the other folks who !voted at this AfD. Having said all that, NEVER post on my talk page again. Your comments are irrelevant and unwanted. You might want to read WP:CIVIL.Onel5969 TT me 01:42, 1 October 2019 (UTC)
Hi, Onel5969. I know you dont seem to like me here but I came because I feel responsibility on this. First I will apologize I was not kind, and hope you forgive. I was thinking about “Another article, similar to the one you created, was deleted on the same set of facts, on the same day, created by one of the other folks who !voted at this AfD.” you wrote and I have the conclusion that you’ve misunderstood something. The article which got deleted was skater who only participated in Junior Grandprix series. And the article which got to be kept was about skaters who qulified for Junior Grandprix “final”. which is very selective 6 teams among 70teams. here you can see..
It was reasonable that many editors who know the sport agreed with me. Anyway since this little unhappy conflicts, I’ve made a suggestion to revise wp:NSKATE at Wikipedia talk:Notability (sports). And also apologize I’ve called “my” article last time I came here because i was just so knew here. didnt know what to call. Anyway thanks to you I’ve learned lots of rules here. thanks a lot again and wish you forgive me. Yoniiieei (talk) 15:33, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for your edit to Achi, Arizona and other nearby settlements. I've been making several corrections to these same articles, and at Benson, Arizona, I have asked for an opinion at Wikipedia:No original research/Noticeboard. Cheers. Magnolia677 (talk) 11:06, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Magnolia677, first, thanks for all the work you do on WP, especially on AZ articles. Second, yes this particular editor does have a habit of adding uncited material to articles. I had to undo about a dozen or so edit of theirs yesterday. I also noticed the source used at Benson, and am glad you brought it up at WP:NORN. I'll leave my thoughts on the issue there. Will be interested to see the outcome.Onel5969 TT me 16:41, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks. Cheers. Magnolia677 (talk) 16:48, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
- They're at it again, Magnolia677 - this time re-adding uncited material to county templates, Template:Pinal County, Arizona. Onel5969 TT me 13:00, 12 October 2019 (UTC)
- I just left a message on their talk page. This appears to be an editor who cites sources, but only loosely uses the sources cited and mostly adds original research . I'm going to look deeper into more of their edits. Cheers. Magnolia677 (talk) 15:28, 12 October 2019 (UTC)
Hello, the page that I wrote and created, Havana D'Primera, as deleted mistakenly. The page in question that you believed it was copied from actually copied the text from Wikipedia, and from my own writing.
I think the confusion arose because they copied an earlier version of the page, which was deleted before for not having enough reliable sources. It was deleted due to inactivity (I left it for a while), so I wrote a new one with more sources and this time it was accepted. The website copied the text directly from an earlier version of this page. I'm positive about that because they're my own words! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Nicksufc (talk • contribs) 16:32, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Nicksufc - I'm not an admin, so can't help you. Also I didn't delete the article, simply nominated it for deletion due to the copyright issue. The circumstances you claim above can certainly happen, but since the article has already been deleted, I can't check. Might I suggest you contact Anthony Appleyard, the admin who deleted it? However, that being said, before I nominate for copyright violations, I do check when the original page was created, to check against it being a case of WP:MIRROR. But I am definitely not infallible, so your best bet is to contact that admin.Onel5969 TT me 16:37, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
ARIZONA PLACE DELETIONSEdit
I'm not doing this editing and research to waste my time and I don't appreciate my work being deleted. You are keeping outdated information on these pages. Offer up what references you need to satisfy yourself line by line, otherwise you are being entirely unhelpful, sir. DJ Jones74 (talk) 01:31, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
- Then you need to understand and follow WP policies and guidelines. You may not add uncited information, you may not contradict cited information. If you say that these places are on the Tohono res, then provide a cite for that. If you can't, stop it. And stop renaming populated places, which is the official term as per the USGS, for any other term. Finally, your combative attitude does nothing to help your position.Onel5969 TT me 01:35, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
- My attitude is borne of attempting to meticulously research each individual locale only to have it summarily wiped out by unhelpful editors writing even more unhelpful copy and paste points to excuse deleting this work. It seems as if a few here don't want these pages changed whatsoever. If you truly consider making Wikipedia the best place for up-to-date information, you will work with me to locate references you find suitable, rather than keeping these pages not only out of date, but demonstrably false. See this page and try to offer some help and productive comments as to how I can give "references" that apparently are suitable: Talk:Ak Chut Vaya, Arizona DJ Jones74 (talk) 01:51, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
- I really could care less about what your crappy attitude is "borne" out of. You are wasting valuable time of editors who are actually productive on the site, and you seem unwilling or unable to understand constructive criticism given to you. And this is over a lengthy period of time. If you really want to work with other editors, you need to learn how to source information. Look at WP:RS for a start. Then look at WP:CITE and WP:CIT for how to reference and footnote. Making statements like "...and can be classified as a ghost." are nothing more than WP:OR and are forbidden on WP. You really have to learn WP guidelines and policies. Onel5969 TT me 03:23, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
I noticed you deleted my article about Danilo Butorovic, or rather moved it to another part of the site for 'incubation'. I have also noticed that it can take more than 8 weeks for articles in this area to be reviewed, so perhaps as it was an already extant article a message or note would have been more appropriate. As it is only a short article as of now, (due to it relating to an individual in the fledgling stages of their career), what little was there was largely referenced but a couple more references have now been added. Perhaps this is what you were looking for when you moved the article, if so it would be appreciated if it could now be restored
Best Regards, Grosseteste (talk) 20:08, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Grosseteste - The issue is that this person doesn't seem to pass either WP:GNG or WP:WP:NFOOTY. Assistant coaches don't qualify. It is very rare that one would get enough in-depth coverage to pass GNG. Don't get discouraged, the article is well written and formatted. And, if you have an article that gets draftified, reaching out to the reviewer who did that is never a bad thing. If it's me, always feel free to reach out and ask me to take another look. Onel5969 TT me 00:18, 5 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Onel5969, whilst he is currently an assistant manager he was manager of Orijent 1919 for 4 years prior to his work with Slaven Bilic.
- Hello again Onel5969
- As previously stated Butorovic served as a manager for several years before becoming assistant to Slaven Bilic, and his current position does not negate his earlier one. The article has now also been referenced in a far more extensive manner, with no unreferenced information remaining. An update would be appreciated as obviously i will not revert the action myself. Best Regards, Grosseteste (talk) 22:58, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hi. First I'm glad you got the socking issue taken care of. Second, I've moved the article back to the mainspace, after doing a little bit of work on it. Be careful of copyright violations (copyvios). Since he was a manager, he meets WP:NFOOTY. Good luck in the future.Onel5969 TT me 01:27, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
A barnstar 4 u!Edit
||The Random Acts of Kindness Barnstar
|Thank you for your help with the cuisine of Israel template! Yallayallaletsgo (talk) 21:50, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks Yallayallaletsgo, keep up the good work. Onel5969 TT me 00:19, 5 October 2019 (UTC)
Nice to meet you. TY for the notice and thanks, appreciate it. I should be saying TY to you for 9 years and over 385,000 edits. TY. Cheers. — Ched (talk) 00:42, 6 October 2019 (UTC)
- Nice to meet you as well Ched, I don't think we've ever interacted before. And a lot of my edits are simply gnomish activities, so it's not really a big deal.Onel5969 TT me 21:53, 7 October 2019 (UTC)
To review a new pageEdit
kindly review this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarvesh_Amte
☆★Shubham Ghodke (✉✉)
To review a new pageEdit
kindly review this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarvesh_Amte
☆★Shubham Ghodke (✉✉)
page move with existing redirectEdit
Thanks for your revisions for St. Vincent Evansville and St. Mary's Hospital and Medical Center. It appears the latter is now known as the former, but rather than move the page, someone apparently created a redirect under the new name, preventing a traditional page move. How does one update the title of the article without following the procedures for a merge (which involves cut and paste of the entire article, per Wikipedia:Merge)? Thanks! Mdewman6 (talk) 17:54, 6 October 2019 (UTC)
- I seem to have answered my own question at Wikipedia:Moving a page#Moves where the target name has an existing page. The redirect page has too much history to allow a move over a redirect. I will put in a move request. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mdewman6 (talk • contribs) 19:03, 6 October 2019 (UTC)
Help on discussion on namingEdit
Talk:Jesus water miracle § Title
Hi greetings, I am asking you for a help. If you like please consider this discussion about the naming of an article. The article is about a hoax. Your suggestions may help. Thank you. PATH SLOPU 15:33, 7 October 2019 (UTC)
Hi @Onel5969:. Happy to contribute, sorry for the bad sourcing originally on Waunlwyd! I was probably trying to write too quickly. Small world, articles such as Welsh Americans and Welsh settlement in the Americas are among my favourites. I have some relatives from near to Aberbeeg who were probably around during the same generation! Many thanks for the reviews. Llemiles (talk) 21:41, 7 October 2019 (UTC)
Redirected KPXH-LD to KPXC-TV (not)Edit
Hello @Onel5969: I wanted to let you know that why did you have to redirect KPXH-LD to KPXC-TV? Why did you have to do that? Main CentralTime301 page and talk 11:01, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- Because it doesn't meet WP:BROADCAST. Onel5969 TT me 01:29, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
Hi, I've added the source for this page, the source is from General Statistics Office of Vietnam, so that should be reliable. I also changed its name from 'town' to 'township' in order to avoid confusion. In most articles, town refers to thị xã, which is a district-level subdivision, while township refers to commune-level town, which Tân Thành is the case. Please consider republished the page in the new name with 'township' Cn5900 (talk) 03:48, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hi. There was no issue with the page, except for a total lack of citations, so has soon as the current redirect is deleted, it will be moved back to mainspace. Thanks.Onel5969 TT me 11:52, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
- Also, Tân Thành (township) has been deleted. Please move it back to the mainspace Cn5900 (talk) 23:14, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
I don't know if I did something wrong, but you never replied to me.--Mister Stan (talk) 07:27, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
Sir, thank you for reviewing those articles created by me. You have done a laborious job to review a number of articles. Hopefully you will do this further. Since I am not an autopatroller, my articles should be reviewed by sr wikipedians. Thank you again Pinakpani (talk) 17:50, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
Source for "Administrative subdivisions" in VietnamEdit
Hi, as I mentioned. The source I provided () does include every information needed for verification. It's just you must look it up in the specific province, and district. For example, to look for Long Châu, An Giang, you must first click on An Giang Province's row, which in this case, row 89, then you will search for the district-level subdivision, which is Tân Châu (row 887). And finally when you clicked on that, you'll be able to find Long Châu's information. Cn5900 (talk) 18:33, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
If you want me to provide the source that you can search more easily, then I'm sorry I can't. That website is the most reliable source I can provide, since it's publisher is General Statistics Office of Vietnam, that's why I used it for every article I created. Cn5900 (talk) 18:35, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
- Started to answer on your talk page, will continue there. Onel5969 TT me 18:42, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
Hello. I'm currently fixing failed attempts to subst: templates and found these four "unreviewed" articles. I'm not sure what better template to apply or whether I should simply remove the templates, so I thought I'd ask a keen friendly reviewer. Thanks, Certes (talk) 11:50, 11 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Certes - I looked at the first one, and it was reviewed by Cwmhiraeth back in May, so I would simply remove the tags. I do that all the time with the edit summary something like, "invalid template" or "invalid tag". And thanks for all the hard work you put in on WP. Onel5969 TT me 11:54, 11 October 2019 (UTC)
- Done; thanks for the quick reply. Certes (talk) 11:57, 11 October 2019 (UTC)
Redirect WPXU-LD to WPXN-TVEdit
Why did you have to redirect WPXU-LD to WPXN-TV? The low-power station is a daystar station and not a repeater. CentralTime301 (talk) 13:21, 12 October 2019 (UTC)
- Because it doesn't meet either WP:BROADCAST or WP:GNG. I suggest you familiarize yourself with those WP guidelines.Onel5969 TT me 01:25, 12 October 2019 (UTC)
@Onel5969: Maybe you or me should start a talk page on WPXU-LD and decide if this article should be redirected to either WPXN-TV or a list of Daystar affiliates, or kept as is that I made hours ago. CentralTime301 (talk) 13:21, 12 October 2019 (UTC) P.S.: I had made a talk thing about keep WPXU-LD or redirect it to WPXN-TV or a list of Daystar affiliates.
Please Respectful AttentionEdit
Please don't Redirected page of Angel Tee because she has still alive on entertaining her carrer, except she has really stop entertaining
Thank You 220.127.116.11 (talk) 12:51, 12 October 2019 (UTC)
Contribute to discussionEdit
Hi Onel5969, recently I listed a bunch of redirects for discussion. They are in Wikipedia:Redirects for discussion/Log/2019 October 11 (Thạch Phúc) and Wikipedia:Redirects for discussion/Log/2019 October 12 (Ninh Thuận, Bạc Liêu). The issue of these redirects is that, they are formerly about communes that only existed for a short time (8 years) while they ceased to exist for 32 years now. I also stated that even Vietnamese Wikipedia (its native language wikipedia) don't even have information on them (since even if there were, they have been deleted immediately). Those were created in 2009, which is when newly created articles were not strictly reviewed as in present. In fact, the author didn't even cite the sources. I checked their history, and all of them stated that they are currently existing communes (if it was former communes then it will be somehow acceptable to me). If that author created them in 2019 now (like what I'm doing), there will be a bunch of them moved into draftspace immediately. In my opinion, there are still thousands of articles about present-day communes to be created, so those redirects (which shouldn't have existed in the first place) should be get rid of.
Anyway, please participate in those discussion and let me know your opinion. Cn5900 (talk) 15:47, 12 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Cn5900 - I rarely participate in Redirects for deletion (RfD) discussions. In addition, since you came to my talk page and alerted me, I would be doubly hesitant, since that might be construed as canvassing. However, that being said, having looked at the discussion I think Colonies Chris' is incredibly valid, and should be considered. Also, in looking at the discussion, please be careful about adding comments to a discussion without logging in. Several of the IP comments in the discussion bear a great resemblance to you. See WP:SOCKPUPPET. I think your contributions regarding Vietnam are valuable, and would hate to see you blocked over something like this.Onel5969 TT me 11:18, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
I recently removed a speedy delete tag that you had placed on Mitslal Afras. I do not think that Mitslal Afras fits any of the speedy deletion criteria because "Mitslal Afras" is the village in the center of mni Ankelalu] making it a plausible redirect as long as there is no separate article. I request that you consider not re-tagging Mitslal Afras for speedy deletion without discussing the matter on the appropriate talk page. DES (talk)DESiegel Contribs 22:43, 12 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hi DESiegel - Sometimes it's a case of not seeing the forest for the trees. I completely missed the reference to the village of that name. This editor had created a couple of dozen articles, and then over a hundred redirects to those articles. In each of those instances, the redirects were created to point to one of the items listed in lists within the article, so when checking, I went directly to those sections. Unfortunately, in the Birdwatching section, there is a forest named "Mitlal Afras". I fixed on that, thinking the redirect was a typo, and never checked the beginning of the article. My apologies.Onel5969 TT me 11:23, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
I have unreviewed a page you curatedEdit
Hi, I'm Sagotreespirit. I wanted to let you know that I saw the page you reviewed, Katie Branch (Reedy Fork tributary), and have marked it as unpatrolled. If you have any questions, please ask them on my talk page. Thank you.
(Message delivered via the Page Curation tool, on behalf of the reviewer.)
— Sagotreespirit (talk) 03:34, 13 October 2019 (UTC)
Can I get Sarvesh Amte ReviewedEdit
I would like to have Sarvesh Amte reviewed. I created this page a while back, it has not been reviewed by anyone. Thanks User:Shubhamghodke3904 08:50, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
What reference do you neededEdit
??? thanks --Caminoderoma (talk) 15:55, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
- What are you talking about?Onel5969 TT me 17:23, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
Can you please take a look at the current state of the draft about the Franz Marc Museum to see that it meets the requirements to be submited in the current form? I added several references from the German press and also a book.Mistico Dois (talk) 01:41, 16 October 2019 (UTC)
- Nice job Mistico Dois - I've reviewed it and moved it to mainspace.Onel5969 TT me 18:33, 19 October 2019 (UTC)
I recently came across Chalkwell Ward and questioned whether an electoral ward of a city of 10,000 is notable. It was then pointed out to me that there are other articles about this city in Category:Electoral wards of Southend-on-Sea that had been reviewed. What am I missing given that you and Ymblanter marked these as reviewed. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 16:14, 18 October 2019 (UTC)
- I do not remember anything about them, but I possibly have not understood that the ward is only for local elections, otherwise it would be certainly notable. You can just AfD them and see what happens.--Ymblanter (talk) 16:20, 18 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Barkeep49 - Like Ymblanter, don't remember these particular half or dozen so articles in particular. What I can tell you is that about a year, year and a half ago I got into a bit of a debate about a series of stub articles about another group of small electoral areas. I was tagging them with notability, and leaving them unreviewed. Other editors were removing the tags. Rather than edit war, I can't remember whether I left a message on the talk page of WikiProject Elections and Referendums, or whether one of the folks who had removed the tag (I do remember it wasn't the article creator). But they espoused that there was no lower limit to the electoral area to establish notability. We went back and forth a few times, but I couldn't find a rationale in WP:ISNOT which covered why an election wouldn't be allowed, regardless of size. So I tended to err on the side of inclusionism in this instance, since they were cited. But that's the rationale I've been using since. Let me know if there is consensus somewhere to say I'm a knucklehead on this.Onel5969 TT me 17:06, 18 October 2019 (UTC)
- Well I decided that I was being the knucklehead here because if you and Ymblanter marked them reviewed clearly I was in the wrong. Erring on the side of inclusion makes total sense but I'm going to go ahead and take it to AfD and see what happens. Thanks for the response. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 19:49, 18 October 2019 (UTC)
- That's a pretty good idea Barkeep49 - can you do me a favor, and if I don't participate in the AfD, can you let me know the outcome? Or post the outcome on NPP talk? Thanks. Onel5969 TT me 20:01, 18 October 2019 (UTC)
- No promises but only because of my memory. I will do my best to circle back after there's an outcome. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 20:06, 18 October 2019 (UTC)
As a courtesy I tagged you at User_talk:Scope_creep#Bonin_Bough SilvanJo (talk) 17:22, 19 October 2019 (UTC)
Help! Nagorno-Karabakh War, this page is near to die :)--ჯეოMan (talk) 20:35, 19 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hi ჯეო - not sure what that other editor was attempting to do, but you could have reverted him yourself.Onel5969 TT me 21:35, 19 October 2019 (UTC)
Sina Drums page deletionEdit
Page was deleted:seemed promotional. I wrote the page. Under those criteria, any page about a business, political party, person, etc. etc. etc. could be viewed as promotional. Generally Wikipedia is way behind on significant social trends (for example, Sina Drums and many other direct to patron artists). I have no financial or professional interest in Sina Drums so I don't care too much if the page is published or not. But, I don't think that Wikipedia is a community of archeologists, anyone who writes a page has a personal interest in the topic. — Preceding unsigned comment added by SteveBozemanMT (talk • contribs) 01:10, 20 October 2019 (UTC)
- You are incorrect, SteveBozemanMT, because it is entirely possible to write acceptable, informative articles about musical performers that comply with the neutral point of view. We have countless thousands of such articles. You wrote this overtly promotional, non-neutral sentence: "In June 2017, the web magazine 'Stars2Come' published a beautiful report entitled 'The Heartbeat Of Music, Sina' about Sina and her great musical abilities, her extraordinary talent and ability especially concerning her favourite musical instrument, the drums." Such a sentence will never be appropriate for an encylopedia article, and if you want to contribute to this encyclopedia, then you must learn to write neutrally and not promotionally. Cullen328 Let's discuss it 01:20, 20 October 2019 (UTC)
Several reviews, very grateful. LookLook36 (talk) 20:17, 21 October 2019 (UTC)