|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user whom this page is about may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|Maile KUDOS||VPump||New pages||AfD debates||AfD Stats|
Threads older than 120 days may be archived by .
Doncram Re: WP:NRHPHELP See how I cleaned up the Alabama listing. If you have no objections, over time, I'll clean up states one by one. I think we are in an age when readers want to scroll down and eyeball what's there, reading as little as possible when they scroll. On a Google or Bing search, I really didn't immediately see a lot that led me anywhere on Alabama. But, boy oh boy, when I looked at the ALA Alabama state databases, it was a wonderful surprise of informational link. Every state is different; ALA can only list what the state provides. I've previously searched through midwest/east coast states and came up dry. I certainly didn't expect Alabama to be such a bonanza, but Hooray! for Alabama. Under History, People and Culture in the ALA link, they have hardbound newspapers, image digital collections. Wonderful. — Maile (talk) 22:17, 24 May 2017 (UTC)
Happy New Year, Maile66!Edit
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Admin's Barnstar|
|Thank you. Sir Arthur Puddingtrousers Jr. IV Esq. (talk) 15:26, 10 April 2019 (UTC)|
ArbCom 2019 special circularEdit
Administrator account security (Correction to Arbcom 2019 special circular)Edit
ArbCom would like to apologise and correct our previous mass message in light of the response from the community.
Since November 2018, six administrator accounts have been compromised and temporarily desysopped. In an effort to help improve account security, our intention was to remind administrators of existing policies on account security — that they are required to "have strong passwords and follow appropriate personal security practices." We have updated our procedures to ensure that we enforce these policies more strictly in the future. The policies themselves have not changed. In particular, two-factor authentication remains an optional means of adding extra security to your account. The choice not to enable 2FA will not be considered when deciding to restore sysop privileges to administrator accounts that were compromised.
We are sorry for the wording of our previous message, which did not accurately convey this, and deeply regret the tone in which it was delivered.
For the Arbitration Committee, -Cameron11598 21:03, 4 May 2019 (UTC)
Books & Bytes, Issue 33Edit
June events with WIREdit
The Signpost: 31 May 2019Edit
- From the editors: Picture that
- News and notes: Wikimania and trustee elections
- In the media: Politics, lawsuits and baseball
- Discussion report: Admin abuse leads to mass-desysop proposal on Azerbaijani Wikipedia
- Arbitration report: ArbCom forges ahead
- News from the WMF: Wikimedia Foundation petitions the European Court of Human Rights to lift the block of Wikipedia in Turkey
- Technology report: Lots of Bots
- Essay: Paid editing
News and updates for administrators from the past month (May 2019).
- Andonic • Consumed Crustacean • Enigmaman • Euryalus • EWS23 • HereToHelp • Nv8200pa • Peripitus • StringTheory11 • Vejvančický
- An RfC seeks to clarify whether WP:OUTING should include information on just the English Wikipedia or any Wikimedia project.
- An RfC on WT:RfA concluded that Requests for adminship and bureaucratship are discussions seeking to build consensus.
- An RfC proposal to make the templates for discussion (TfD) process more like the requested moves (RM) process, i.e. "as a clearinghouse of template discussions", was closed as successful.
- The CSD feature of Twinkle now allows admins to notify page creators of deletion if the page had not been tagged. The default behavior matches that of tagging notifications, and replaces the ability to open the user talk page upon deletion. You can customize which criteria receive notifications in your Twinkle preferences: look for Notify page creator when deleting under these criteria.
- Twinkle's d-batch (batch delete) feature now supports deleting subpages (and related redirects and talk pages) of each page. The pages will be listed first but use with caution! The und-batch (batch undelete) option can now also restore talk pages.
The Bugle: Issue CLVIII, June 2019Edit
The Bugle is published by the Military history WikiProject. To receive it on your talk page, please join the project or sign up here.
If you are a project member who does not want delivery, please remove your name from this page. Your editors, Ian Rose (talk) and Nick-D (talk) 13:08, 14 June 2019 (UTC)
Just a reminder that when changing images in main page templates such as DYK, they need to be protected on Commons first, to prevent vandals replacing them with something obscene in the time between the replacement and the Commons protection bot catching up with the new image. Unless I've misread the course of events it looks like you didn't do that with the Gloucester Docks one. The easiest way is to add the image at Wikipedia:Main_Page/Commons_media_protection, then go to the Commons page mentioned there and wait for it to appear. Thanks — Amakuru (talk) 21:30, 16 June 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for the advice. The image is protected at commons. Krinklebot seems to have picked it up within a minute of my swapping it. But I'm saving the link you provided above, in case I do this again. — Maile (talk) 21:43, 16 June 2019 (UTC)
reply at dyk talkEdit
- Valereee - no, of course not! I was referring to the individual who started the thread and keeps the argument going, when it's been clear from the first reply that they are on the wrong project. How many editors, how many times, have told this person they are in the incorrect project? I'm sorry I ever answered their first post. Hopefully, some uninvolved editor will come along and close that thread as being on the incorrect project. — Maile (talk) 15:07, 17 June 2019 (UTC)
|The Civility Barnstar|
|I appreciate your efforts on the project! ☎)(Edits) 19:55, 21 June 2019 (UTC)(|
17:29, 24 June 2019 (UTC)