|Please sign your message with |
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot III. Threads with no replies in 5 days may be automatically moved.|
|Edit this box|
- 1 GFDL
- 2 Support request with team editing experiment project
- 3 Merry Christmas and happy new year
- 4 WikiLove
- 5 Happy Holidays
- 6 Women in Red's April+Further with Art+Feminism 2018
- 7 Tech News: 2019-44
- 8 The Signpost: 31 October 2019
- 9 Precious anniversary
- 10 Administrators' newsletter – November 2019
- 11 For TFA Protector Bot
- 12 Tech News: 2019-45
- 13 Tech News: 2019-46
I've undone this edit to madam bot's exclude list. Sites now need to be licensed under CC-BY-SA (and optionally GFDL as well) and GFDL by itself is no longer enough. See Wikipedia:Licensing update#Content restrictions - I'm sure this has been documented somewhere better but as per usual tying to find it is difficult (Wikipedia's help/information system is atrocious and must be a nightmare for new users but that's a discussion for another day). — Preceding unsigned comment added by Dpmuk (talk • contribs) 21:37, 15 May 2013 (UTC)
Support request with team editing experiment projectEdit
Dear tech ambassadors, instead of spamming the Village Pump of each Wikipedia about my tiny project proposal for researching team editing (see here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/Research_team_editing), I have decided to leave to your own discretion if the matter is relevant enough to inform a wider audience already. I would appreciate if you could appraise if the Wikipedia community you are more familiar with could have interest in testing group editing "on their own grounds" and with their own guidance. In a nutshell: it consists in editing pages as a group instead of as an individual. This social experiment might involve redefining some aspects of the workflow we are all used to, with the hope of creating a more friendly and collaborative environment since editing under a group umbrella creates less social exposure than traditional "individual editing". I send you this message also as a proof that the Inspire Campaign is already gearing up. As said I would appreciate of *you* just a comment on the talk page/endorsement of my project noting your general perception about the idea. Nothing else. Your contribution helps to shape the future! (which I hope it will be very bright, with colors, and Wikipedia everywhere) Regards from User:Micru on meta. —Preceding undated comment added 09:32, 30 April 2015 (UTC)
Merry Christmas and happy new yearEdit
The 12 Days of Wikipedia
Women in Red's April+Further with Art+Feminism 2018Edit
|Women in Red and Art+Feminism continue our collaboration in April 2018. Continue the work you've done in March and pledge to help close the gender gap in April! All you need to do is sign up on the Meet-Up page below and list any articles you create in the month of April.
16:15, 28 October 2019 (UTC)
The Signpost: 31 October 2019Edit
- In the media: How to use or abuse Wikipedia for fun or profit
- Special report: “Catch and Kill” on Wikipedia: Paid editing and the suppression of material on alleged sexual abuse
- Interview: Carl Miller on Wikipedia Wars
- Community view: Observations from the mainland
- Arbitration report: October actions
- Gallery: Wiki Loves Broadcast
- Recent research: Research at Wikimania 2019: More communication doesn't make editors more productive; Tor users doing good work; harmful content rare on English Wikipedia
- News from the WMF: Welcome to Wikipedia! Here's what we're doing to help you stick around
- On the bright side: What's making you happy this month?
News and updates for administrators from the past month (October 2019).
- The follow-up RfC to develop that change is now open at Wikipedia:Requests for comment/2019 Resysop Criteria (2).
- A related RfC is seeking the community's sentiment for a binding desysop procedure.
For TFA Protector BotEdit
Could you make it perhaps that there is lot of vandalism on the TFA, perhaps the bot could also make it so that every TFA is semi-protected (edit) for 1 day?
If this discussion has already taken place, please ignore.
- @Dibbydib: Not done See WP:PEREN#Protecting Today's Featured Article on the main page. --Redrose64 🌹 (talk) 15:39, 4 November 2019 (UTC)
16:47, 4 November 2019 (UTC)
22:03, 11 November 2019 (UTC)