Hello! My name is Christian and I am a student at Mercyhurst University in Erie, PA. For one of my classes, I have been tasked with creating a Wikipedia article. One of the first pieces of advice I received was to ensure my formatting matched with the standard formats of the various WikiProjects, or else they would be quickly pulled down. For your WikiProject, what formatting requirements must be met? My subject is a living person, but someone who has been moved into Witness Protection. I'm not sure to what extent to follow the guidelines of the regular Biography section, versus the Biography of a Living Person guidelines, and I would appreciate your help. Thank you!
CTCopper (talk) 13:16, 26 March 2019 (UTC)
- BLP isn't my WikiProject. I started it many years ago, but I don't really edit Wikipedia anymore. There are no special formatting requirements for BLPs. There should be extra requirements to protect living subjects. I don't know what the status of that currently is, however. That the protections were such garbage is one of the reasons I left WP. Indubitably (Talk) 14:31, 18 July 2019 (UTC)
Policy allows us to use signatures that obfuscate our wiki-IDs. Even so, it can be confusing. You confused me. As you can see here, it took me seven minutes to figure out that that Lara and Jennavicia and Indubitably were just a single individual.
I am just letting you know. Geo Swan (talk) 02:21, 27 March 2019 (UTC)
- You responded to a talk page message from 2012. Names change over time. And editors stop being active which is true in this case so no scolding necessary. Liz Read! Talk! 00:15, 15 April 2019 (UTC)
- You dropped by the talk page of someone who semi-retired a decade ago to complain about a signature from seven years ago. Not bothering to notice that what few signatures appear on this page have a signature that matches my wiki-ID. Thanks for stopping by, Geo. Always nice to have a solid reminder of why I don't like Wikipedia. Indubitably (Talk) 18:46, 16 July 2019 (UTC)
Today's Wikipedian 10 years agoEdit
--Gerda Arendt (talk) 05:57, 28 June 2019 (UTC)
- Long time! Enigmamsg 00:54, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
- I don't know what this means. Indubitably (Talk) 18:57, 16 July 2019 (UTC)
- it means you were awarded "today's wikipedian" ten years ago —usernamekiran(talk) 04:22, 17 July 2019 (UTC)
- Ah, indeed. Cool. Thanks! Indubitably (Talk) 13:57, 18 July 2019 (UTC)