User talk:John from Idegon/Archive 34
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 The Signpost: 10 December 2014
- 2 ?
- 3 On the lookout for Images
- 4 New Jersey
- 5 The Signpost: 17 December 2014
- 6 Quick question
- 7 The Center Line: Fourth Quarter 2014
- 8 The Signpost: 24 December 2014
- 9 Please Don't edit war
- 10 Newport Beach and the Temple dude..
- 11 Plano West Senior High School
- 12 WP:Co-op
The Signpost: 10 December 2014
- Op-ed: It's GLAM up North!
- Traffic report: Dead Black Men and Science Fiction
- Featured content: Honour him, love and obey? Good idea with military leaders.
- Hardly. :) There are two groups of editors that I am part of that mutually "stalk" each other (I know--thats redundent). Buster and I are both part of the editor retention project. Besides which we are both native Chicagoains and Cubs fans and roughly the same age. FyI the other is a group of guys and gals that edit high school articles. Keep on keepin on 32! If your edits go to the other side of Lake Michigan, hollar. Michigan is another "Wiki-concentration" of mine. John from Idegon (talk) 04:10, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
On the lookout for Images
- Buster I would suggest making an enquiry at the NRHP Project's talk page. There is a link to the project on my userpage in a userbox. They are the ones to ask about the federal government's photo database. Photos that are the property of the federal government are never copyrighted. That does not sadly apply to state and local government. Also, try a google image search. There is an option in advance settings to filter for liscense type. Anything without a copyright or with the liscenses that are listed by the save button every time you edit are fine. Still no PC for me. Sorry. John from Idegon (talk) 05:58, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
Hey friend. I've actually really enjoyed editing New Jersey. Last night I brought back to life Harrisville, New Jersey. It's in rough shape, and had pretty much been hidden because no one had linked it to Burlington County. All I did was add a county template, and include it on the Burlington County, New Jersey article. I love the geo stubs, and from time to time have found some gems. Look at Crossley, New Jersey, Princeton, Mississippi, Commerce, Mississippi, and Prentiss, Bolivar County, Mississippi. Look at Bruinsburg, Mississippi, and the link I was able to add to Normandy landings about that ghost town. I "unearthed" a forgotten funeral held in Memphis for MLK, and feel as if I've contributed to knowledge (and helped dozens of kids with their research projects)--as have you and so many others I admire. Thanks for your edits and all you do for Wiki. Cheers! Magnolia677 (talk) 00:59, 18 December 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 17 December 2014
- Arbitration report: Arbitration Committee election results
- Featured content: Tripping hither, tripping thither, Nobody knows why or whither; We must dance and we must sing, Round about our fairy ring!
- Traffic report: A December Lull
Quick question, why was the addition of Chuck and John Pagano as notable alumni at Fairview High School was reverted the first time I posted it? Just wondering how I could have posted it the correct way the first time or where the mistake was... — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 12:11, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you for calling it to my attention. I have reverted both again. There is no referenced content in their bio's connecting them to the school. You will need to add a reliably sourced reference to either their bio's or to the list at the school showing their attendance before re-adding them. Thanks. John from Idegon (talk) 22:57, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
The Center Line: Fourth Quarter 2014
|Volume 7, Issue 4 • Fourth Quarter 2014 • About the Newsletter|
|Archives • Newsroom • Full Issue • Shortcut: WP:USRD/NEWS|
The Signpost: 24 December 2014
- From the editor: Looking for new editors-in-chief
- In the media: Wales on GamerGate
- Featured content: Still quoting Iolanthe, apparently.
- WikiProject report: Microsoft does The Signpost
- Traffic report: North Korea is not pleased
Please Don't edit war
- First you take an article about another person that did not even mention the school and use it as a ref and when that didn't fly you add a non specific reference to a tabloid, a non reliable source and you ask me what my problem with S. Stallone is? His article mentions several schools, but not this one. You are gonna have to do much better with sourcing. And the only one edit warring is you. John from Idegon (talk) 04:15, 26 December 2014 (UTC)
- lol...even you know that it takes two to edit war. Look, I found it mildly interesting that Sly went to Montgomery Blair High School...you may be a waste of cyberspace but I ain't gonna waste my time on you. Stacie Croquet (talk) 04:51, 26 December 2014 (UTC)
Newport Beach and the Temple dude..
Good day! It seems that we have a user that is set on getting that laced into NB. If it continues we can take it to a admin board but as you will see in my notes I tried to lay it out in simple English. Hit me up if the user continues and we can take it to a board for others to consider and weigh in upon. Cheers!
- It appears to me that the Temple's article doesn't even meet GNG, so I sent it to AfD. John from Idegon (talk) 17:18, 28 December 2014 (UTC)
- Nice thank you for the BarnStar, I have not seen that one before. I grew up on Hobie 16's and today sail a FD & a J 133. Sailed everything from a C Class cat to the J Boat Endeavor over the years. I was looking at the page for submission to AfD as well, great minds think alike. Cheers! talk→ 17:34, 28 December 2014 (UTC)
Plano West Senior High School
Sorry, we must have had an edit conflict on Plano West Senior High School, and I ended up leaving a warning on User talk:2602:306:80DA:50C0:C90E:E1DA:E829:A67E for an undo that you made. Change it or remove it as you see fit. Meters (talk) 08:45, 29 December 2014 (UTC)
Hey John! You've probably seen my post about this at WP:RETENTION, but I wanted to formally invite you to help mentor one or more editors during our pilot of the mentorship space called the Co-op. We plan to run the pilot in late January for about one month. The idea is that mentors will be doing one-on-one teaching based on how an editor wants to contribute, and it's not some huge commitment to teach/learn comprehensively about Wikipedia. We also want to make to easier for new editors to find mentors as well. Your hosting work at the Teahouse, and experience and insights of being an adoptee yourself will definitely be valuable to fellow mentors and new editors. If you're interested, please sign up here and feel free to peruse, make suggestions, or ask questions about how the Co-op will work. Thanks a bunch (and Happy New Year!), I, JethroBT drop me a line 04:34, 30 December 2014 (UTC)