Welcome to my talk page. If you're planning on addressing me, call me Gamer.
No I am not an administrator on Wikipedia. People think I am but I am not.
List of commercial failures in video gamingEdit
So I was reading your WP:VG interview and decided to submit one of the articles you mentioned to reddit. It caused quite the traffic increase. JACOPLANE • 2011-04-7 21:17
Since this sort of worked last time I might as well write this up. Out of ideas on what articles to work while waiting for Soultaker (film) is still up at FAC. If anyone has any suggstions, feel free to add them. And if you want you can also review Soultaker if its still on review. GamerPro64 01:48, 6 June 2019 (UTC)
GamerPro64 00:37, 14 July 2019 (UTC)
Mass message sender grantedEdit
Hello. Your account has been granted the "massmessage-sender" user right, allowing you to send messages to multiple users at once. A few important things to note:
- Messages should only be sent to groups of users who are likely to be interested in the topic.
- For regular mailings such as those for WikiProjects, localized events, or newsletters, users should be informed of how they can unsubscribe from future mailings.
- The mass messaging tool should never be used for canvassing with the intention of influencing the outcome of discussions.
For more information, refer to the guidance for use. If you do not want mass message sender rights anymore, just let me or any other administrator know and we will remove it. Thank you and happy editing! Anarchyte (talk | work) 14:34, 17 July 2019 (UTC)
Hi, I believe this is now FT after the fifth of its nine articles was promoted FA but it's not appearing on the FT page some weeks after the promotion -- is that a manual process, do I need to do anything? Cheers, Ian Rose (talk) 01:43, 20 July 2019 (UTC)
- Yes it has to be manual. Thank you for bring it to my attention. GamerPro64 04:06, 20 July 2019 (UTC)
Sorry for the slip-up. I wasn't aware it was closed. Is there anywhere I can go to check that stuff going forward? I checked the page history and it hadn't been edited to indicate that it had been closed since that back-and-forth in April. I see now that your edit summary said "closing" but your actual edit (which was all I had read to that point) said
The way I see it I will be closing this Supp nom as Promoted due to all these articles being Good Articles (emphasis added), let alone that I pointed out that you weren't allowed make such a close only a few hours later. Hijiri 88 (聖やや) 23:16, 29 July 2019 (UTC)
- "You weren't allowed"? Look, I get you have issues with the articles. And you are free to take them to GAR if they fail the criteria. But there was consensus to promote at that point. Do not tell me that I am not allowed to close reviews. GamerPro64 23:38, 29 July 2019 (UTC)
- I have issues with the articles as everyone who has read them with an understanding of our copyright policy does. And I did take one of them to GAR (despite having explained why I shouldn't have to). "Consensus" among tendentious editors who do not understand our copyright policy cannot overrule the copyright policy itself. Hijiri 88 (聖やや) 23:46, 29 July 2019 (UTC)
- Anyway, do you know of a "Featured Topic reassessment" process or something that can be pursued now that Black Panther has been delisted and Captain Marvel has apparently missed the deadline for being nominated that a bunch of the editors of those articles have always told me was in place? Hijiri 88 (聖やや) 23:49, 29 July 2019 (UTC)
Hey GamerPro. Thanks again for doing the peer review of The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. Do you know whether you as the reviewer need to formally close it via the instructions here? Or can anyone do it, including myself? Sorry to be a pest, I have another article I want to put up for a peer review in anticipation of a forthcoming FA nomination, and I can't nominate another article for PR until this one closes. lol — Hunter Kahn 12:28, 18 August 2019 (UTC)
- I think it would be much quicker if you close it yourself. I usually close down my PRs once they stop being active. GamerPro64 14:20, 18 August 2019 (UTC)