|Attention DBigXray, this template is appearing because there are currently 47 images with tags requesting to be renamed (help out).|
Contributor Copyright Investigation OpenedEdit
Someone forgot to inform you, but there is now a WP:CCI open on you. Wikipedia:Contributor copyright investigations/DBigXray is the page. It has been alleged that you are copying from sources that are hard to find online. You are free to point out violations, but please do not mark diffs. Sorry you were not immediately informed. 💵Money💵emoji💵Talk💸Help out at CCI! 13:03, 8 November 2019 (UTC)
- User:Money emoji, Thanks a lot for the kind note. As a matter of fact I was informed about the initiation of this enquiry in the form of a template by user:Harmanprtjhj on 26 January 2019 itself. So I am perfectly aware of it and there is absolutely no need to feel sorry about the lack of note.
- First some Background behind this
- You have to understand that this request for CCI investigation was initiated by a user who was having major content disputes with me on several militant Sikhism related pages. The article on militant Bhindranwale that he pointed, is also in the same topic area. I believe, he was in the process of whitewashing those pages (from the point of view of a supporter) when he met objections from me.
- After being unable to achieve his goal through discussion, he grudgingly went on a harassment offensive against me WP:FORUMSHOPPING and filing frivolous cases against me on various admin noticeboards.
- He also made sure to email, so as to inform and invite anyone with whom I had content dispute in past about his filing of cases, in hopes that they will provide the necessary support needed to get me lynched at WP:ANI etc or at least a topic ban on me. Unfortunately for him (and fortunately for me) our admins are smart people who could see through these nefarious designs and all these threads/cases on various noticeboards were closed as "no action" on me.
- This request for CCI against me was a similar exercise in malice, with an intention of getting block/bans.
- The accusation in the request for CCI was that I was "copying from sources that are hard to find online", and it was laughable IMHO. This should make anyone ponder "Why would someone be copying stuff from places that are "hard to find online" ? If someone is linguistically incompetent, then it can be expected that he will be copying stuff left and right, online or offline, books or websites, no matter what.
- Another interesting question is, if user:Harmanprtjhj was unable to access the hard to find offline source, then how did he come to the conclusion that it is a CopyVio ? IMHO user:Harmanprtjhj was throwing against a wall and seeing if it sticks. I was hoping that the admins patrolling the CCI would be able to see through this frivolous case and close it promptly. One of my friends also suggested me not to worry about it, and that someone would close it eventually as frivolous. But instead someone accepted the CCI case and started the case page. I am still curious what merits were found that led to this request being accepted.
- Anyway speaking for myself, I am quite familiar with WP:COPYVIO and I know that I have never added copyvios into Wikipedia articles. Hence I believe this case is devoid of any substance and a waste of time for everyone (including mine). If someone believes that there are merits in digging into these allegations then they are more than welcome to go through the diffs, but I believe that there are better ways to kill your time. Hence I have no intentions to go through the diffs. if it was left entirely upto me, I would have closed this case if I would have been the reviewer, but it is a case about my own contributions so based on COI principles, I must stay clear of it. I leave this upto others judgement.
- As for the sources that I have used, almost 99.99% sources I have used are available freely online and the rest 0.01% are accessible via JSTOR (or asking at RefDesk). I would be glad to help you with any offline source, if you need them.
- I am not sure, what other ways I may be of use to you in this case, other than wishing you a good luck. Feel free to let me know, if there are ways I can help.--DBigXrayᗙ 11:50, 10 November 2019 (UTC)
Ayodhya dispute and Kartarpur corridorEdit
Hey can you have a look at Kartarpur Corridor and Ayodhya dispute articles. Both have been nominated for front page. Need you to assess and correct any mistakes on the article. Sherenk1 (talk) 14:01, 9 November 2019 (UTC)
- Sherenk1 Thanks for the kind note. These are indeed big news items. I would take a look at the said articles and comment there. --DBigXrayᗙ 11:47, 10 November 2019 (UTC)