Okay, you want a second chance, well here's my deal (also courtesy paging blocking admin Yamla):
- You agree to be under an indefinite one revert rule (1RR) restriction. That means you do not revert more than once per article per 24 hours. If you are in any doubt, don't revert.
- The restriction doesn't cover reverting obvious vandalism, copyright violations and other uncontroversial things that must be reverted per WP:3RRNO (but see point 1. above).
- You may able to appeal the restriction at a later date by starting a thread at WP:AN. I advise you not to do this until at least six months have passed, otherwise the appeal is likely to fail, and the restriction may possibly be extended.
- If you breach the restriction, you agree to be reblocked indefinitely with talk page access disabled. I don't mind a second chance, but a third?
- I'm not going to be following you around, stalking your edits to see if you go over 1RR. I trust you to be a grown-up and take the restriction seriously. However, this notice must remain on your talk page so other people can cross refer to it. Do not rely on "getting away with" because nobody's looking.
If both you and Yamla agree to these terms, I will ask Yamla to unblock (it's easier if a blocking admin reverses their own block after a discussion as it proves consensus was made). If Yamla doesn't agree I will have little choice but to decline your unblock request. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 15:21, 14 August 2018 (UTC)
- I would accept unblocking under these terms. Be really, really careful with the second point there. The rule of thumb is that obvious vandalism is replacing the page with "har har har", rather than replacing someone's cited birth year with an uncited and incorrect birth year. I mention this because Ritchie333's conditions are appropriate, but I don't want you to get caught up in a violation of the second point. Note also that I'll be away for much of the rest of the week. If I see a response here before I leave, and if that response is accepting these conditions, I'll lift the block myself. But if I'm away, Ritchie333 or another admin should feel free to lift the block if these conditions are accepted. --Yamla (talk) 15:37, 14 August 2018 (UTC)