Virgílio A. P. Machado, Ph.D. (1978), University of Florida, USA, is Associate Professor of Industrial Engineering at the School of Sciences and Engineering (Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia) of the New University of Lisbon (Universidade Nova de Lisboa - UNL), University of Portugal.
He has been teaching Industrial Engineering, in Portugal, since 1979, and is currently involved in computer aided production planning and design.
He has completed several Industrial Engineering projects for public agencies and private enterprises. He is a member of national and international professional associations, namely the Portuguese Institute of Industrial Engineering (Instituto Português de Engenharia Industrial - IPEI), of which he is a founding member, senior member of the Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) and Faculty Advisor of the IIE UNL Chapter, and Alpha Pi Mu, the industrial engineering honor society.
He has been granted several scholarships from the University of Lourenzo Marques (Universidade de Lourenço Marques), where he completed his undergraduate degree, from the Fulbright Commission, the Institute of Higher Culture (Instituto de Alta Cultura), the National Institute for Scientific Research (Instituto Nacional de Investigação Científica), the Secretary of State for Higher Education (Secretaria de Estado do Ensino Superior), the United States Agency for International Development, ERASMUS and TEMPUS programs of the European Union Commission, Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, Luso-American Foundation, and the New University of Lisbon.
|Prof. Virgílio A. P. Machado
Fax: 351-21-294-8546 or 21-294-8531
Tel.: 351-21-294-8542 or 21-294-8567
or 351-21-294-8300 or 21 294-8500
|Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia (FCT), Universidade Nova de Lisboa (UNL)|
Virgilio A. P. Machado
WLMessenger, Skype, VoipBuster, GTalk and others: vapmachado
- Industrial engineering
- Industrial location
- Warehouse layout
- Warehouse management
- Material handling
- Distribution systems
- Engineering economy
Likes and dislikesEdit
- ethical and well mannered people;
- to see animals roam free;
- the beauty nature offers;
- man made beauty and good deeds;
- to learn;
- to write; and
- but it's his children whom he loves the most.
- unethical people or with no manners;
- to see animals in captivity;
- human sufering from natural causes;
- the suffering a human being is capable of inflicting on others;
- the degradation humans are capable of causing to nature; and
- decaying and unkept things;
- but he doesn't hate anyone. It's like they didn't exist.
Wikipedia work planEdit
- Stay away from correcting others.
- Produce materials for Wikipedia in my interest areas which are also those of my expertise.