Hello and welcome to my userpage!
|— Wikipedian ♂ —|
Randomly generated image from my uploads.
Full collection at the bottom of this page!
|Current location||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|Current time||10:58, 27 September 2020 IST [refresh]|
|Joined||23 May 2008|
(12 years, 4 months and 4 days ago)
|WikiProjects||Birds, Dams, Energy, Geography, Infoboxes, Maps, Mountains, Rivers, Sri Lanka, Skyscrapers, Templates, Wikidata, WikiProject Council.|
Hello, I'm Rehman. I was born in Manama and have lived there for about a decade, before moving to my current location in Colombo, Sri Lanka. My interests include researching, photographing, writing about, and developing renewable energy (particularly solar and wind power), and limnology (i.e. dams and rivers), hence my work here on Wikipedia (and Commons) also mostly circle around these areas.
Things I enjoy include travelling, hiking, community work (cleanups, building/renovating schools, etc), building computers, photography, star gazing, and most things in between. My real-life work experience includes banking, renewable energy, and cybersecurity. Outside content writing, I work on improving infoboxes and navigation templates, attend to admin tasks on the English Wikipedia and Commons, Wikidata-related work, offline Wiki(m)pedia outreach, and other related things. Wherever needed, I also help improve policy and guideline pages, as I strongly believe that these pages need to be very simple, clear, and up to date, particularly on rapidly growing sites like Wikipedia and Commons. If you require any private assistance, including stopping cyberbullies, please feel free to email me and I'd be glad to assist in whichever way I can.
If you are interested in topics relating to, or are from Sri Lanka, do consider joining the Wikimedia Community User Group for Sri Lanka. It is an official Wikimedia usergroup for interested editors, regardless of language background or which Wikimedia project your are contributing to. We are on the lookout for more experienced hands in order to do more serious projects with wider impact (such as FOP in Sri Lanka!). Your assistance in spreading awareness of this group is also much welcomed. You may also wish to join Wikimedia-LK, the usergroup's official mailing list.
Today's Featured Article
Margaret Macpherson Grant (1834–1877) was a Scottish heiress and philanthropist. Born in Aberlour parish to a local surgeon, she was educated in Hampshire and inherited a large fortune from her uncle, Alexander Grant, a planter and merchant who had become rich in Jamaica. Macpherson Grant took up residence in Aberlour House, which had been built for her uncle by William Robertson. She lived unconventionally for a woman of her time, entering into what was described as a form of marriage with a female companion, Charlotte Temple, whom she met in London in 1864. Macpherson Grant donated generously to charitable enterprises, establishing an orphanage (now the Aberlour Child Care Trust) and founding St Margaret's Episcopal Church in Aberlour. She made several wills over the course of her life that would have left her estate to Temple, but after Temple left her to marry a man, Macpherson Grant revoked her will, and the bulk of her fortune went to cousins, who were probably unknown to her. (Full article...)
Did You Know?
Flag of Western Australia
On This Day...
In The News
Picture of the Day
is a beverage made from the fruit of the pomegranate
. It is used in cooking both as a fresh juice and as a concentrated syrup. The fruit originated in the region extending from Iran to northern India and has been cultivated since ancient times. The fruit has a hard outer husk and a spongy mesocarp
in which the seeds in their fleshy seedcoats
are embedded. Pomegranate juice can be sweet or sour, but most fruits are moderate in taste. The juice has long been a popular drink in Europe and the Middle East, and is now widely distributed in the United States and Canada.
Experiencing the world is one of my greatest pleasures.
I'm fortunate to have been able to travel to these countries:
Rehman's achievements, barnstars, and featured items...
||The Original Barnstar
|Rehman is kind, patient, incredibly knowledgeable and without a doubt knows wikimedia inside out. Even though I am a complete dunce regarding wiki he helped me at every stage and I now have a wonderful page which I am eternally grateful for. I count myself so lucky to have had the assistance of Rehman. He is a brilliant editor and a real gentleman Kareenza (talk) 06:12, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
||The Barnstar of Good Humor!
|Hello Rehman. You have signed my guestbook! Thank you very much.--Pratyya (Hello!) 04:27, 20 February 2013 (UTC)
||The Excellent Userpage Award
|Congratulations on a very informative and beautifully presented user page! Johnfos (talk) 00:14, 8 December 2010 (UTC)
||The Working Man's Barnstar
|For your tireless contributions to improve power stations-releted templates and articles, I award to you this barnstar. Beagel (talk) 14:54, 27 November 2010 (UTC)
||The Secret Subpage Finder Barnstar
|This user has found Hi878's secret hidden sub page! Will you be the next one to find it? Try it here!
||The Resilient Barnstar
|I'm sorry your RfA failed, but well done for taking the criticism offered on the chin. I genuinely hope to see you back at RfA in a few months when you think those issues have been resolved. I have a failed RfA of my own, so I cna tell you it's not necessarily a bad thing! All the best, HJ Mitchell | fancy a chat? 15:35, 25 January 2010 (UTC)
Click here to sign!
- Hello! Here is my guestbook, which you can sign if you would like! NikolaiHo☎️ 03:50, 26 December 2017 (UTC)
- Dropped by to say hi! It felt nice to meet you in person. Netha (talk) 12:08, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
- Nice work on the Sri Lanka dams. ϢereSpielChequers 11:55, 29 December 2015 (UTC)
- PendingTell me I screwed up! 21:55, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
- Keep up the good work! -- œ™ 20:01, 2 September 2013 (UTC)
- Hi there.... Sign mine? KuwarOnline Talk 16:15, 6 March 2013 (UTC)
- Mediran wuzzz here... ! Haha... glad to sign here and nice to meet you! umm.. would you mind to sign my guestbook? Thanks, Mediran (t • c) 04:15, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
- Hey, Rehman, I really like your userpage! Greengreengreenred 18:55, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
- Nice page. Rehman nice to meet you also. Wanna give some time to mine??!!!--Pratyya (Hello!) 07:25, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
- Glad to sign your guestbook. Feel free to sign my guestbook [Guestbook] Thanks R♣MuthusamyTalk 12:29, 18 April 2012 (UTC)
- Algamicagrat (talk) 21:37, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
- Hello. sign mine? --Perseus8235 18:05, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- Hello philip robinson here. Ilkeston1990 22:16, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
- Hey. Thanks for singing my guestbook. Returning the favor. ;) ΣПDiПG–STΛЯT 06:24, 5 December 2010 (UTC)
- Care to reciprocate? And thanks for the comment on my editor review! Ks0stm (T•C•G) 06:37, 4 December 2010 (UTC)
- Thx for signing mine! Smiley4541 (Click to Talk) 00:44, 24 November 2010 (UTC)
- Knowing guy Said: Hi,thanx!! I'm new here and completely illiterate in wikiing! :D 14:22, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
- NortyNort (Holla) wuz here!! 02:31, 12 November 2010 (UTC)
- Here's my real signature, and an offer to sign mine! Finalius (Ecru?!) 13:13, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
The majority of my uploads can be classed into the below categories. Between 2019-12-01 and 2019-12-31, these files were viewed 3.5 million times, through 1,089 articles on 98 wikis. The stats exclude external usages (i.e. news articles, travel pages, etc). Source: Glamorgan.
2019-04-01 - Silopor facility, Trafaria, Portugal.
2016-06-19 - Ticino, near Milan-Malpensa Airport, Italy.
2018-07-25 - Roads near Cape Town, South Africa.
2019-04-01 - Wind farm in Panketal, Germany.
Submarine in Lisbon, Protugal.
MSC Rafaela, Hong Kong.]]
Hercules Highway, Colombo.
||This is a Wikipedia user page.
If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Rehman.