Quote of the month
He who knows does not know. He who knows he does not know, knows. Lao Tzu
I have been using Wikipedia (a project I believe strongly in) since October of 2006. My initial edits were never referenced and I had dove in without reading the instructions—my approach to everything in life! I always get a chuckle when I hear college professors speak in complete ignorance about this site, deeming content as unreliable and its editors as incompetent.
True, there are Wikipedia entries out there that are unreliable. True also that there are some really terrible editors out there who duke it out with their own grammar. Yet, there are just as many outstanding articles in existence as there are unreliable ones. There are just as many (if not more) outstanding editors out there with excellent grammar who also possess the insatiable drive to reference absolutely everything.
I respect the goals of the project, and so I support Wikipedia philosophies and policies, particularly WP:AGF, WP:CIVIL, WP:3RR, WP:NPOV and WP:VAND.
Activities and Interests
- Uploading and editing images using the various copyright tags
- Fixing spelling errors using AWB.
- Fixing or adding infoboxes.
- Zen Buddhism
- Social work
- 'The itis': I have made 23,346 edits since October 2006.
- Just a simple infobox I created a while back for use in biographies of Buddhists; many others have since improved upon the original model.
- Another infobox I created a while back for use in Wikipedia entries on Buddhist buildings; again, others have since improved upon the original model.
Articles I created . Awards . Good Articles . Sandboxes .
|This user practises Zen.|
|This user lives in, or comes from, Ohio.|
||This user trusts Jimbo.