Michael IX the White
Joined 10 February 2008
|I have very little time to contribute nowadays (especially with the upcoming holidays...) and I will therefore not be very active for a period of time. However, I will keep an eye on things and help if needed.|
|The Greek Barnstar of National Merit|
|I hereby award you this Barnstar, for your endless efforts to promote articles about Epirus. The determination and the will of Zappas, Zografos, Zosimades and Rizarides may always inspire your work promoting WPGR.Alexikoua (talk) 09:32, 11 February 2010 (UTC)|
|This WikiAward was given to Michael IX the White by Alexikoua (talk) on 09:32, 11 February 2010 (UTC)|
The twenty-one (male) leaders I admire the most
- Agamemnon Danaus of Mycenae, for having total control over those numberless kingdoms
- Achilles Aeacid of Epirus, for inspiring fear to gods and mortals alike
- Pericles of Athens, for being democratically elected 15 times, and the rest he's done
- Alexander Argead-Aeacid of Epirus,Macedonia, Asia and Egypt for being the greatest strategical and tactical genius the world has ever seen
- Pyrrhus Aeacid of Epirus, for being one of the two men to defeat but not conquer the early Roman Republic
- Gaius Julius Caesar for overthrowing the Republic, as others did as well...!
- Emperor Constantine I the Great, for moving our capital to Byzantium, for his insight, and political genius... Who would not admire him?
- Emperor Justinian I, for listening to his wife, for the foundation of Ioannina and his great expansion of the (Eastern) Empire
- Emperor Basil II, for...
- Emperor Constantine XI for being the last but still not surrendering to the numberless hordes of enemies
- Theodoros Kolokotronis for organising the Greeks...
- Ali Pasha of Tepeleni, for using Greeks, Turks and Albanians alike to set his own state inside the Ottoman Empire, (and for supporting us Zagorisians!)
- Emperor Napoleon of France, for being able to overthrow the Republic and then (later) arise again within 100 days...
- Otto von Bismarck, for the colossal world power that is Germany
- Eleutherios Venizelos, for having a vision for Greece
- Constantine I Sonderburg-Glucksburg-Schleswig-Holstein, for liberating half of Greece
- General Charalambos Katsimitros (VIII Division), for defeating the Axis in Epirus
- General Ioannis Metaxas for saying "No", no matter what his regime was...
- Colonel Konstantinos Davakis, for winning and falling in Pindus during WWII
- the Ethnarch Constantine Karamanlis, for returning... "Boys, pray for me", "Greece is an endless psychiatric clinic"
- Kostas Karamanlis, for withstanding the constant attack from the entire press in Greece, which is left-wing controlled, and other groups that try to control the country itself
- (to be completed and expanded)
|Search user languages|
Concerning the EU