I am a photographer based in Australia. I have been involved with Wikipedia for ten years and have contributed several hundred high-quality photos. I am one of the most featured photographers on the project and my images have been reproduced in publications around the world.
My images are published on Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects under either the GFDL license or are released copyright free. If you want less restrictive terms than the GFDL licensing for reproduction of my images off the Wikimedia projects please contact me for details. As well as the alternative licensing I will often be able to provide images at higher resolution or quality settings if required (especially for the copyright free images), or may have related images that I have not made available to Wikipedia.
You can leave a message on my talk page, but as I am now only occasionally active on Wikipedia you will probably get a quicker and more personal response by sending me an email through this link: Special:EmailUser/Jjron.
10 years on WikipediaEdit
My first official edit to Wikipedia using this account was made on 14 May 2006, so as of 14 May 2016 I have been active on Wikipedia for 10 years. While I haven't contributed particularly regularly for some years, certainly nowhere near as much as I'd like, I still support the project and make at least occasional edits. At times I get a bit more active, depending on things like finding an article or topic I want to work on, having some images that I particularly want to contribute, or simply finding some time I can spare from 'real life', but realistically my edits per year in the last few years have been more in the order of hundreds rather than thousands.
On my '10th birthday' I had the following statistics according to X!'s tools Edit Counter:
- Edits on Wikipedia and other projects:
- total edits on English Wikipedia: 23,029;
- total live edits: 22,809;
- unique pages edited: 5,625;
- articles created: 34 articles on English Wikipedia (or 71 including redirects);
- most active year: 2008 with 4,969 edits;
- most active month: May 2011 with 958 edits;
- most active edit locations: 9,735 edits or 42.7% in article space, with 8,427 edits or 36.9% on 'Wikipedia', mainly the Reference desks and Featured picture candidates;
- average edits per day over the ten years: 6.3;
- total edits across all projects: 25,629 across 59 wikis, including 2,404 on Wikimedia Commons, and 43 on Spanish Wikipedia;
- note: all totals omit an unrecorded number of 'anonymous' edits, etc.
- Ranking: ranked 3,098 on List of Wikipedians by number of edits.
- Special rights: Extended confirmed user, File mover, Reviewer, Rollbacker.
- Blocks, need for Dispute resolution, other major issues: 0.
- Images on Wikipedia and other projects:
- files uploaded across Wikipedia and Commons: 674 uploads, mainly my own photos;
- Featured pictures on English Wikipedia: 33 (with an unknown number across other projects, but it's lots).
jjron's Image GalleryEdit
You can view a gallery of my image contributions in my image Gallery. I have my Gallery divided into a number of subpages which you can access from the Gallery mainpage or from here:
My Featured PicturesEdit
- I have had thirty-three of my photos promoted to a Featured Picture on English Wikipedia. I have additionally had many images featured on foreign language Wikipedias and Wikimedia Commons. I have also edited, uploaded, or nominated over thirty other Featured Pictures. My own Featured Pictures are displayed below:
- I additionally had three of my photos promoted in the short-lived Valued Picture project. They are displayed below:
|Congratulations! You have been selected as one of Wikipedia's Masters of Photography for your outstanding contributions to the project. --Fir0002 12:04, 1 February 2008 (UTC)|
The Random Acts of Kindness Barnstar
For all your edits I give you a barnstar. Bewareofdog 18:09, 20 March 2007 (UTC)
The Photographer's Barnstar
For contributing good pictures and helping out kindly to newbies at FPC. Muhammad Mahdi Karim 17:47, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
The Photographer's Barnstar
Thank you for ALL your help with the edits and advice that helped me get my first featured picture.Thanks a TON Muhammad Mahdi Karim 17:08, 18 October 2007 (UTC)
The Working Man's Barnstar
Thanks for cleaning up after LordSunday and helping clear the backlog and preserving my sanity in the process - things that probably wouldn't have been done (properly) for yonks if you didn't. MER-C 13:12, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
Leaderboard Award—5K Articles—2nd Place
This Leaderboard Barnstar is awarded to jjron for copy editing a total of 11 articles of 5,000 words or more during the Guild of Copy Editors' May 2011 backlog elimination drive. Congratulations, and thank you for your contributions. – Chaosdruid (talk) 13:09, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
Jjron has been identified as an Awesome Wikipedian,
A record of your Day will always be kept here.