|My name is Jason Rees and have been an editor on Wikipedia for about twelve years now. I started to follow tropical cyclones after tracking Hurricane Katrina and the rest of the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season, before I created an account during August 2006. Over the years I have enjoyed researching various things and have helped to expand out Wikipedia's coverage of tropical cyclones in the Southern Hemisphere and the South Pacific. I have also researched the History of tropical cyclone naming over the last few years, as I find the topic fascinating. My main project is researching and cataloguing the impacts that South Pacific tropical cyclones have and continuing the research on Tropical Cyclone naming. Away from Wiki: I am currently researching my family tree and am one of the Administrators for the Atlantic hurricane season, Pacific hurricane season, Pacific Typhoon Season, Indian Ocean Tropical Cyclone Season, South Pacific Tropical Cyclone Season and various other facebook groups.
- Featured content
• Cyclone Raja • Cyclone Rewa • Cyclone Gonu • Tropical cyclone naming
- Good articles
- Storms: • Cyclone Anne • 1990 Andhra Pradesh cyclone • Cyclone Sina • Cyclone Tia • Cyclone Wasa–Arthur • Cyclone Joni • Cyclone Hina • Cyclone Keli • Cyclone Osea • Cyclone Alan (1998) • Cyclone Xavier (2006) • Cyclone Daman • Cyclone Gene • Typhoon Rammasun (2008) • Tropical Storm Matmo (2008) • Cyclone Lin (2009) • Typhoon Choi-wan (2009) • September 2009 Vietnam tropical depression • Tropical Storm Bavi (2015)
- Seasons: • 1990–91 South Pacific cyclone season • 1994–95 South Pacific cyclone season • 1995–96 South Pacific cyclone season
- Other • History of tropical cyclone naming •
These are articles or ideas for articles that I am working on but are not ready for publication and thus any information in them should be treated with caution.
|This section is designed as a handy area so that i can find information quickly, when I am accessing Wikipedia from other computers.
- WMO - WMO TCP, WMO TCP Community, Typhoon Committee (WPAC), Panel on Tropical Cyclones (NIO)
- RSMC/TCWCs - NHC/CPHC, Japan, IMD, Reunion, Jakarta, BoM, PNG, FMS, MetService
- WPAC NMHSS - Met Office, JTWC, NWS Guam, PAGASA, Taiwan CWB, HKO, CMA STI, Korea, Thailand, Vietnam China
- SPAC NMHSS - Solomons, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Tonga, Cook Islands, NIMS, French Polynesia
- NDMOs - Philippines NDRRMC, Japan FDMA, Fiji NDMO, Reliefweb
- Advisory archives - Unisys, WX Trop, MT Archive, Keith's archive, Atomic's archive, NRL, NHC
- Newspaper archives - Trove News Archive, Australian Newspapers.com, Newspapers.com, Fairfax News Store
- Other links - IRC, GMDSS, NRL imagery, Dundee, Pacific Disaster Net,
- Running Best Tracks - JTWC/NHC RBT, NHC RBT.
|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user whom this page is about may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia. The original page is located at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jason_Rees.